Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated - World Makeover - now available for download!

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for the comment, Pary! No, I didn't repaint the mountains. I'm not sure why they look so dark in the original although I've noticed some screenshots are darker when you just hit "print screen" instead of using the screenshot in game. I wish they were just a bit darker or had more variety in texture but that change would be a huge undertaking and I don't want to veer too far from the original design. Mayhaps the game replaced the original darker color with my weaker one (as in I don't have that texture??)
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @KatyFernlily

Has updated another lot for download. Described as follows on her Tumblr page as follows:

Here is another Mid Century Modern house to download. It’s on a 40x20 lot, has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and space for a laundry room. The master bedroom is large enough that one could make a small nursery and a bathroom and still have plenty of room for mom and dad. Priced under $40,000. No cc.

I used the above house plan for inspiration and as you can see it hardly looks like the same house. I had trouble with the windows and roof so I had to compromise. I also did away with the carport. Feel free to add one if you want. Also, one could make each bedroom a bit smaller for more yard space. Add your own cc windows etc. to make it more resemble the above house!

Both lots have not been tested by me so please let me know if you find any issues. Thank you!

Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nr4vabmw7c3p8u/MidCenturyModern2.7z/file

INfmqRR.jpg

wjZ41cy.jpg

zKzrphi.jpg

Inspiration picture:

qTzd5fF.jpg

I think it's another great one storey home for the world and possibly one of the first times I ever download a world when it's done that I have nothing to change before playing in it :)
    I am so sorry @KatyFernlily and interested players I did not see how the resort area had been changed/updated while scrolling back and forth through the tumblr pics so massive apologizes everyone as the area and the builds look gorgeous <3

described as follows:

I have a brief update for Rovington Island. It’s a resort area with a couple of “celebrity” homes, a small park and a mansion. I plan on making the mansion into a library/art gallery/shopping center type place. Or maybe even a movie theatre. Or all of the above? The possibilities are endless! (The lot is furnished as a residential lot).

On your way to the resort you can walk through a little park. The homes are super cool and it was fairly easy to add the above ground pool. I like them alot.

The lots are by philo, JCIssette, Rirann, PietaEversong and me

OF1ngoF.jpg

66m9Ymp.jpg

s0nxiMk.jpg

zn9UW1j.jpg

uFg2GOu.jpg

Hi @KatyFernlily Thanks for letting me know about a further update from your Tumblr :)

A quick update to Rovington Islands. A park, library, one large house, one tiny house and a tomb. Lots are by me - the tomb is by estatica.

I don't think this creator will be leaving any empty lot spaces in this world which i think is awesome as it's just so much work. I love the mix of old and new builds being used plus the inspiration from RL properties . The usable tomb is a very nice touch for this world too i love it!

cqzu19A.jpg

Q7PwsB2.jpg

ZUvQc6n.jpg

P99q3ZP.jpg

inspiration pic

7p6XOXp.jpg

XlwcVHH.jpg

Dw9iG4h.jpg

d1x2A2r.jpg

1tfCzAx.jpg

Inspiration pic I could not download properly for some reason but can be found on the following link

https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plans/octagonal-house-plan-with-full-wraparound-deck-77333ld?cjevent=7feafb0d9dc911eb8314002a0a18050f

Z6sMcZA.jpg

2vqqT9l.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Oh you're kidding me! You were able to pull a full tomb from Egypt and use it normally in this world? That's freakin' awesome!!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275

I know how awesome to play a tomb in the world itself. I love WA so i will defo be playing in that tomb lol :)
    edited April 2021
    delete
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
    edited April 2021
    @KevinL5275

Actually the tomb is by estatica over at TSR - https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-tombs/title/kahotep-ruins/id/995353/

From the comments, people really love the tomb!

oops double post - how do you delete?
    @KatyFernlily

I am not sure if you can delete but you can edit and put delete in the comments box and that will stop the double information :)
    hey sparky, thanks!!!
    @KatyFernlily

Your welcome :)
    Hi Everyone another Tumblr update from @KatyFernlily as follows:

Parks on Parade!

A world just can’t have enough parks, if you ask me! So now we have more parks in Rovington Islands. Also, I added the Humble Harvest Stands to the world because I have two lots that really needed them. We have Hillbilly Harry’s Rodeo by mysimrealty, which now has an area for the kids and the veggie stands. And the lot I showed previously, which now has an open market and the Humble Harvest Stands. I mean, what else was I going to put in that empty end of the lot?

I added a beautiful building by Arda which has an art gallery and a relics shop. It has room on the second floor for more stuff and a quiet courtyard. Lovely!

I created the cute, little baseball field which will act as a stadium with a rabbit hole rug. The little fishing/camping park next to it is by marcorse. The other park also has camping and fishing plus a waterfall (was a bit tricky to figure out but I finally got it, I think (can only be seen in live mode)) and it’s by btp2k2.

ngYNWDy.jpg

P4b9atu.jpg

qawI4rp.jpg

6QHA47d.jpg

dROKl8Z.jpg

JAvGhaL.jpg

1fnmyX4.jpg

guTjz4l.jpg

tbjKBuc.jpg

DrZ5fLQ.jpg

I am truly loving what i am seeing in this world. From the way the way the parks are designed to that fabulous little market area, not to mention the stables with a little playground. I think your creative talents are turning this world into something very special :)
    Hi Everyone, some further Tumblr updates from @KatyFernlily and I have to say i was surprised and honoured she is dedicating an area of the map to me which I confess to feeling a little honoured about :)

I’ve been working on Sparky’s Island. (Part of Rovington Islands). She has a wonderful lot by Sandraelle ready for the large lot on this island. I’ve added some upscale rental properties for those sims who don’t want to camp out in the park. Eventually there will be a base camp, a couple of ports and a beach on this neat little island. There is a hiking trail, too. I used invisible sidewalks to keep the natural look of the area intact.

The mobile home lots are for the cheaper side of Rovington Island. Sims need temporary, moveable housing for their construction jobs. There is some sort of mining/construction operation going on here and I’m not really sure what these sims are up to, but it looks suspicious! More on that later!

I will add the creators of these lots in a future update as I’ve had these lots in my game for eons and I can’t recall who made them. All but two of the mobile homes were created by me. I am not placing Sandraelle’s lot as it’s very massive and has a lot of store content. It’s a really awesome lot - you should check it out!

Have a wonderful day!

(I should add that the mobile home lots created by me are available to download, if requested. Just ask.)

7Wmqqe1.jpg

I believe the lot show on the island in the pic below has been reserved and tweaked to fit @Sandraelle 's awesome Island Tropics Adventure Park 64x64 lot with absolutely everything a sim could wish for as entertainment all in one place and it was built as a DNA request for me when I was making my IP world into a tropical world with vibrant colors shown below:

FuAeLca.jpg

G58b5fz.jpg

ttqDxob.jpg

3Uhr1K1.jpg

EpIv0H1.jpg

npf75Cq.jpg

LMos58h.jpg

A1LtRqb.jpg

udLFOD1.jpg

sqXQK97.jpg

I think this new area is awesome i love the new starter builds they are all so cute and totally in keeping with the area theme :)<3
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hello @KatyFernlily. @SPARKY1922 just told me about this awesome world you're making over and that you want to include one of my lots that I did for her. That's wonderful and I think it will blend in nicely with this type of world. I'm sorry it's so big that it crashed your game, but certainly understandable, as there are soooo many activities on this lot, lol. Very cool that Sparky is getting her own little island in this world named after her, lol.

Anyways, it's really gorgeous!!! I love the lushness and it's so green and pretty everywhere and such a nice variety of different lots to choose from. I want to move into one of the houses that sits up against the mountains and overlooks the sea!!!

And I really appreciate that you mentioned me in your thread! I look forward to following this thread for updates. Good luck on completing it, I know it must have been a ton of work putting in all these lots.
    Oh wow! Thank you, Sandraelle! I appreciate your kind words! I love your work! Sparky keeps me motivated to complete this world makeover! And yes, I didn't know what else to call the little island so - to me it fits! I'm starting to see the end of the tunnel with this project and I hope it will be finished real soon! Thanks again!
    Oh wow! Thank you, Sandraelle! I appreciate your kind words! I love your work! Sparky keeps me motivated to complete this world makeover! And yes, I didn't know what else to call the little island so - to me it fits! I'm starting to see the end of the tunnel with this project and I hope it will be finished real soon! Thanks again!

You're very welcome. And I think Sparky's Island is a perfect name for it, lol. I totally envy anyone who can create and edit worlds in CAW, it's so beyond what I could do. Have fun!
    Thank you @KatyFernlily for your latest update from your tumblr as follows:

Sorry for the lack of updates, but here is one now. I managed to figure out how to make ports with room for a houseboat. I also have a start on a base camp. Not sure what they are for, exactly, but we now have one on Rovington Islands. It would make a great house as well. Inspiration from FakehousesRealAwesome.

I finished a block of houses in the “downtown” area. The creators are Wibs and the Sims and pieter1999, aka DutchSims4Master. His house wouldn’t install so I made it a package file and got it to work that way. I plucked the larger white house from Old Capa’s Forest world. I also added two houses on the hill from purplesimmer and Michael Peret. I found purplesimmer’s video very relaxing to watch! Love the music!

I added a business complex to the suspicious mining/construction area. The office is by Elut and I included a diner, seedy motel and research facility. What lies beneath this fishy location? We may find out one day! Stay tuned!

I am just so excited to bring you this new update update on behalf of @KatyFernlily with new lot remakes in the new downtown area and basecamp which is a wonderful addition to the world especially as we already have an egyptian tomb to play in as well <3 When this world makeover began it was thought that ports and houseboats might not be a possibility in the world however after a lot of of testing, time and dedication @KatyFernlily has made it work and I am just so excited to bring you this news today as it definitely adds an extra dimension to this world that was not thought possible in the beginning :)

R5oKwrH.jpg

QYHWFwT.jpg

WP2ENVL.jpg

faAxoYR.jpg

5zih3UR.jpg

TLvxb8X.jpg

EhYZeln.jpg

bKWyAbt.jpg

RacjwBo.jpg

TIa0KYs.jpg
    Hi Everyone,

A quick update from @KatyFernlily with a stunning home for download as follows:

I made a farmhouse for Rovington Islands that I wanted to share with you all. It’s on a 30x20 lot and is minimally furnished. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. There should be enough room in the yard for a horse stall or whatever farming stuff you like! I’m not too crazy about the interior so please feel free to change the layout if you want. No cc. Let me know if you find any issues and have a wonderful evening!

FbqFnkt.jpg

cyIwhTi.jpg

HibC3b2.jpg

ib8NoIo.jpg

lzO0o69.jpg

0csyVD4.jpg

Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7ydctva3ch6wviu/Farmhouse.zip/file

@KatyFernlily , love your blue farmhouse, very cute! :)
    Hi All,

@KatyFernlily has posted a new update today and another build for us to download as follows: :)

Nohea

Two bedroom, one bathroom, Hawaiian style house. Stilted foundation. No cc. Furnished - $29,765, unfurnished - $17,357. Lot size - 20x20.

Since this house has a stilted foundation and is built almost below sea level, you may have trouble placing it. If any issues are found, please let me know. Thank you again for your interest in Rovington Island Makeover Project!

( /doh! I see I forgot to put a shade over the kitchen window. Clone one from the dining room and place! Also forgot to add a bit of outside lighting, sorry!)

Download link:

U375WDD.jpg

QKPMSb8.jpg

6IGG4Cn.jpg

SA7mTlY.jpg

yt3TCn5.jpg

jo7ihBI.jpg

Ojq5rn9.jpg

qR4lQyt.jpg

3KJpyJy.jpg

VWCdCsY.jpg
    Hi,

Another update by @KatyFernlily and I have to say the world is looking fabulous with all these lovely new builds most of which have been made by @KatyFernlily herself :)<3

BSjlcDW.jpg

8GoB16Z.jpg

6pPqUP6.jpg

gcLVynW.jpg

9POAKWF.jpg

Jl5eP9U.jpg

TPtifTj.jpg

x3WFGqO.jpg

iVD16Zp.jpg

CWeuqdz.jpg
    Hi Everyone,

We have a very special update from @KatyFernlily today regarding houseboats. When this project first began it was thought that houseboats and using them in the world might not be possible due to the age of the world and water levels which I don't understand very much however I can confirm today that Houseboats will be going into the world and as far as I am aware will be functional as @KatyFernlily did a test run with one of EA's small houseboats which successfully made a journey all the way around the world itself without any hiccups. I think there will be more testing and information to come regards this but I wanted to share the information as I am very excited as I love houseboats so to have them in this world and be able to use them properly is a wonderful bonus for me so thank you @KatyFernlily all your hard work on this is very much appreciated :)<3

I also think the style and colours of the port build look fab in the world and really like the way the port areas have been made into little dwelling areas so our sims have a choice of sleeping/living on/off land :)

8SWjniE.jpg

fszOszS.jpg

IPu5btu.jpg

4Uce3yz.jpg

3ykIuI1.jpg

cUHHKTA.jpg
    @KatyFernlily and @SPARKY1922 , it's looking really good. Such a variety of houses to choose and all so different from one another. Glad to hear that houseboats will be able to work and I really like the color of the decking at the dock, I would have never thought to use this color.
    Hi everyone @KatyFernlily has updated her tumblr with some further information and pics of her lovely new lot remakes as follows :)

Just a small update as I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather and haven’t felt like doing much with Rovington Islands.

I made a new houseboat lot with a cabin. Showing the interior of the Hawaiian-style house I showed previously. Added some more commercial property with a tattoo parlor, salon and room for the grocery store rabbit hole rug. Switched around a couple buildings, turned one into a residence and added something that looks more commercial, perhaps the hospital. And a nice house by Trustime.

igmy9I4.jpg

WwpywW4.jpg

gujzpyU.jpg

4FkpidG.jpg

HtZie5O.jpg

heYID0o.jpg

jLySkoB.jpg

1hnEMki.jpg

U1pt9NV.jpg

Hi Everyone,

A stunning new update from @KatyFernlily including many more build/lot updates which look so beautiful and unique in all the various areas on the Island especially with all that curb appeal :) There is so much to look at and admire in this update but I simply adore the new live show venue lot facing the sea as my sims will have a ton of fun on that lot surrounded by beautiful scenery :)

All the houses on this island are so beautiful I am not going to be able to choose one the first time I start playing in this wonderful world :)<3

Update report as follows:

I have a new update for Rovington Island. I decided to change the one 64x64 lot with house at the top of this hill. It just looked so lonesome all by itself, plus it seemed like a lot of wasted space. So, I turned it into a fancy suburb made with these wonderful lots by denizzo_ist. And there is room for a community lot which will become a beautiful lake with a waterfall.

I’ve been on a building spree, sort of, trying to get the last few lots finished so I can go on to add all the other stuff needed for a world, like street lights, spawners, waves around the water, etc., etc. So, soon I will have another update with the other lots that I’ve completed. Well, added to the world, not necessarily finished as I want them to be.

Also seen above is a new house in the downtown area and beach lots that I added to “Sparky’s” Island, along with a live show venue lot which needs finishing as well. You can see an inspiration pic for the house here. All for now and have a great night!

nOviJfx.jpg

DOlaOpW.jpg

hphewxU.jpg

ptfg7lt.jpg

4OqREdr.jpg

pqM888c.jpg

RKmkpyc.jpg

Inspiration picture for above lot

xW6qVZQ.jpg

yLPghSn.jpg

DxOOS7y.jpg

n3H6XHO.jpg