Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sale! Sims 3 Expansion Packs

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member

This sale is active right now only for PC / Mac platforms for players on the Origin platform and will last until March 26th at 10AM Pacific Time. During this sale you can also get The Sims 3 Expansion Packs at 50% off so make sure you take advantage of these offers!

Now to be more precise The Sims 4 Base Game specifically is 75% off and you can get it starting at 10USD (Standard Edition) and 15USD (Digital Deluxe Edition).

Included in this sale are also all of The Sims 4 Expansion Packs which are slashed by 50% off and now cost 20USD.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    There seem to be some improvements in Sims 3. I updated it as Sims Community said the game was on Sale on Origin and it started quicker and I got my proper resolution and 144 framerate listed to choose. It didn't start with the Launcher but gave it as an option.
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/03/16/after-quite-a-while-the-sims-3-games-are-finally-on-sale-on-origin/

Still the same old faces though but the game looks more tempting to play now.. More like the smooth way Sims 4 works.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

This sale is active right now only for PC / Mac platforms for players on the Origin platform and will last until March 26th at 10AM Pacific Time. During this sale you can also get The Sims 3 Expansion Packs at 50% off so make sure you take advantage of these offers!

I'm so happy!!! ✨😍✨
    Simburian wrote: »
    There seem to be some improvements in Sims 3. I updated it as Sims Community said the game was on Sale on Origin and it started quicker and I got my proper resolution and 144 framerate listed to choose. It didn't start with the Launcher but gave it as an option.
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/03/16/after-quite-a-while-the-sims-3-games-are-finally-on-sale-on-origin/

Still the same old faces though but the game looks more tempting to play now.. More like the smooth way Sims 4 works.

Use CC skins if you don't like the default ones! I use Navetsea skins myself which you can download at Mod the Sims. They give my sims a beautiful but quiet, understated look - not too cute or sexy!

I'm so happy!!! ✨😍✨

Use CC skins if you don't like the default ones! I use Navetsea skins myself which you can download at Mod the Sims. They give my sims a beautiful but quiet, understated look - not too cute or sexy!

When I checked my packs for it on Origin some were listed as "installed" and some "unlocked" and I have no idea what the difference is. In fact all of the varieties of the same pack were "unlocked" I wasn't credited with my store buys of the Worlds that came out later as packs though. The gift option was very rare.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wonder why TS3 packs are only 50% off and TS4 packs are 75% off. I don't have much more room left on my SSD for larger games since TS2 takes up many GBs with all I do with it, but this is tempting to get back my TS3 UI (not tied it to Origin) since I don't have the EA downloader anymore, and maybe get IP. I have to think about this a little longer and weigh what I need my space for but that is the way it is. I could only afford a pc with smaller SSD than my pc that had a TB of space which I actually filled half of that with Sims stuff. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think both 3 and 4 eps are 50% off. Sims 4 basegame is 75% off though.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I think both 3 and 4 eps are 50% off. Sims 4 basegame is 75% off though.

You're right. I'll update my post.

I'm so happy!!! ✨😍✨

When I checked my packs for it on Origin some were listed as "installed" and some "unlocked" and I have no idea what the difference is. In fact all of the varieties of the same pack were "unlocked" I wasn't credited with my store buys of the Worlds that came out later as packs though. The gift option was very rare.

Maybe "unlocked" means those packs aren't installed yet? I don't know - I've never had a problem with any of my games/DLCs on Origin. Also, once I purchase anything on the Sims 3 Store, I download and keep their sim3packs safe somewhere else as backup because the Sims 3 Store goes down sometimes for maintenance. This way I can install an item I purchased from the store any time I want even if the store is down.

If you do have problems with the purchased worlds not being credited, try their customer service. I've always had a good experience with them.

edited March 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I wonder why TS3 packs are only 50% off and TS4 packs are 75% off. I don't have much more room left on my SSD for larger games since TS2 takes up many GBs with all I do with it, but this is tempting to get back my TS3 UI (not tied it to Origin) since I don't have the EA downloader anymore, and maybe get IP. I have to think about this a little longer and weigh what I need my space for but that is the way it is. I could only afford a pc with smaller SSD than my pc that had a TB of space which I actually filled half of that with Sims stuff. lol

When I had my old 2014 computer, I added an external SSD and moved my TS3 game to that. It works really well! So no need to buy a more expensive computer with larger SSD capacity - just buy a much cheaper external SSD!

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Not on sale at Steam unfortunately 😔
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

I'm so happy!!! ✨😍✨

Maybe "unlocked" means those packs aren't installed yet? I don't know - I've never had a problem with any of my games/DLCs on Origin. Also, once I purchase anything on the Sims 3 Store, I download and keep their sim3packs safe somewhere else as backup because the Sims 3 Store goes down sometimes for maintenance. This way I can install an item I purchased from the store any time I want even if the store is down.

If you do have problems with the purchased worlds not being credited, try their customer service. I've always had a good experience with them.

I did the same but I wasn't recognised as the owner of my store bought items ever in the last few years since EA asked us to change our names and passwords and had to download them every time from the old site under my previous EA name and password only and when I signed on with the new name and password the game recognised I had the Origin bought ones but not the Store ones. I had to redownload every time I started it up. I tried to sort it out with Origin Tech but they found it impossible.

I haven't tried since and only just checked to see what the difference now is and check the options and had a go at launching a world. I haven't tried the store yet as I gave up on it after and enjoy 4 more anyway.

Re-downloading is a soul destroying experience when you have 40 pages or more of downloads to do. I just wish they'd give me a CD of my stuff instead!

I'm so happy!!! ✨😍✨

I did the same but I wasn't recognised as the owner of my store bought items ever in the last few years since EA asked us to change our names and passwords and had to download them every time from the old site under my previous EA name and password only and when I signed on with the new name and password the game recognised I had the Origin bought ones but not the Store ones. I had to redownload every time I started it up. I tried to sort it out with Origin Tech but they found it impossible.

I haven't tried since and only just checked to see what the difference now is and check the options and had a go at launching a world. I haven't tried the store yet as I gave up on it after and enjoy 4 more anyway.

Re-downloading is a soul destroying experience when you have 40 pages or more of downloads to do. I just wish they'd give me a CD of my stuff instead!

A CD would have been a great idea! If you use Fire Fox or Microsoft's browser, you have the option of being able to download each page of items all at once. Yeah, I read of other people having major problems with their accounts if they change their emails and usernames on Origin and not just with The Sims products. This makes me not trust EA/Origin with any of their online games so making TS5 an online game would be a definite deal breaker for me.

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    awesome news! and good to know that they updated the sims 3 platform. i had nothing but issues when i last installed it. but anyways- time for more EP shopping!!!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

When I had my old 2014 computer, I added an external SSD and moved my TS3 game to that. It works really well! So no need to buy a more expensive computer with larger SSD capacity - just buy a much cheaper external SSD!

Oh, wow, I didn't know I could do that with the SSDs. I read the other day any SSD shouldn't be half full because they work differently than HDDs and perform better if they are only a third full. Do SSDs come with USB connection (external)> Because if that was the case then I can do a lot more with TS3 if I have more space. TS2 projects and hoods and all sorts of things I do usually takes up more space than anything else I do on my pc. I have been worried about the space problem. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited March 2021

Oh, wow, I didn't know I could do that with the SSDs. I read the other day any SSD shouldn't be half full because they work differently than HDDs and perform better if they are only a third full. Do SSDs come with USB connection (external)> Because if that was the case then I can do a lot more with TS3 if I have more space. TS2 projects and hoods and all sorts of things I do usually takes up more space than anything else I do on my pc. I have been worried about the space problem. lol

Yes, my external SSD connected to my computer through the computer's USB port!

I didn't have much on that SSD - the main content of it was TS3 so what you read is probably true!

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited March 2021
    Unfortunately i can't take advantage of this because the starter pack is not on sale. I'm not going to be baited into this to get the starter pack at full price and i don't care if these sales come one every year around this time and Ts3 is on discount from the 27th of march, just after the dlc discount ends.

I'm not budging a yard on the issue until the starter pack goes on discount along with the dlc content. So, hardly a "player's delight" sale from where i'm sitting.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Unfortunately i can't take advantage of this because the starter pack is not on sale. I'm not going to be baited into this to get the starter pack at full price and i don't care if these sales come one every year around this time and Ts3 is on discount from the 27th of march, just after the dlc discount ends.

I'm not budging a yard on the issue until the starter pack goes on discount along with the dlc content. So, hardly a "player's delight" sale from where i'm sitting.

I'm seeing the starter pack for $20. Including base game, Late Night, and High End Loft Stuff. Is that full price?
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    It is for me: £29.99.