Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tarot Mafia Round 5 - Upright Cards (Town) Win!

Comments

• Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    xSongx wrote: »
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    "I see what your last obstacle is."

"What?"

"All your life, you've been alone and isolated, which isn't conducive to the spark of discovery."

"See, that's the thing. I was hoping to find someone to marry and have kids with after this whole thing."

"Well, companionship isn't just strictly limited to romance."

"Are you saying I should make friends or something?"

Madam Ricksen chuckles.

"You'll figure it out," she remarks.

Arturo spent the next few days after that in a mad rush, remembering to consult other people in the scientific community. Apparently, Mortimer Goth had already come up with a formula to reverse aging by a few years, and was willing to share some insights on his formula. This was the last piece needed for Arturo to finish his potion.

And with that, the clear pink liquid allowed Arturo another chance at life.

SNDT6Gs.jpg
    q6dK2Yl.jpg

Maybe he'll do things right this time. A family, a career, and all the other things he never got to do the first time.

BCPz6gD.png
    Song, the Reversed Hermit (Set 1), has been discarded.

The Upright Cards Win!

Overall it was a good game. Players really gave a lot and kept things interesting!

Yessss town!!!! Waahoooooo great job!!!

Song, what an awesome game though! You deserve a medal haha!

Thank you! I like totally changed my play style I feel like. At least, I didn’t play it like I normally do scum.

Well you did it great since because of that you had Dekay fooled XD
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Song you did really well!! Tbh I was townreading you until PoE came into play
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    And also well done to mouse and tuti, too

thank you
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, good job, everyone! It was difficult at times, but you played well
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    Thanks for hosting Icey!

Honestly, every one did great. It was a great game!!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    LOL, I was the lousiest one in this game. 😂 I was like, "Okay, I helped kill Mouse for y'all D1. Aight, I'mma head out." LOL LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Perhaps, but Song didn't put up the kind of nonsense-based fight over it that Sophia did.

Sophia voted Mouse early, then changed her vote, then didn't vote her later, when you, Pandora, Song, and Keyen all did.

You could say Song bussed Mouse by what, voting her last? But isn't that something mafia prefer not to do, be the last vote if bussing their partner because then it looks like they only did it when there was no option? Because it's easy to point to?

So it's sus that Song voted Mouse last. But not sus that Sophia voted Mouse safely first then changed it, then didn't vote later when it got Mouse elimed?

Are there any other reasons you're sure it's Song rather than Sophia? I do want to hear what you have to say.

Oh my gosh. I already explained to you and even gave you the quotes as to why I voted for Mouse first and then didn’t vote for them later on. -_-

It’s cause I voted her first for my EMMM. While as mafia I do usually put my scumbuddies as EMMM I don’t ever vote them cause that brings too much attention to them. And the whole Mouse suspicion started hours after I went to sleep, so of course I wouldn’t be able to vote for her later when everyone else did. Do you expect me to have some kinda sixth sense while I’m asleep or something as to when someone’s getting voted in mafia so that I can wake up from my deep sleep and get on my phone just so I can vote them too?

Actually I really did appreciate and see those quotes. That was truly helpful though to my mind, you could have been lying so it didn't prove or disprove anything. But: it was appreciated! And I hadn't seen it the first time. Wasn't pretending.

Second-guessing and trying to find whether something can be disproven by finding a single exception is what I do. It's a good thing when looking at proofs, and a bad thing in most practical aspects of life, in which extreme rare exceptions don't prove much of anything.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Nush. Nush. Nush. How did you get almost every kill of mine!?!?

I really didn’t want to give up at the end but also there was no way I could win, with all the clears and stuff. I think I played fairly well, though.

Yeah I didn’t know how to go about Mouse’s sus lol. I was hoping sinc I’d been putting Mouse in a lot of a scum lists I could get away with it haha.

Choose better kills my dude LOL

Lmao I chose not to kill you night two because I thought you might be bulletproof. Your role was literally confirmed. Kills are not my strong suit lmao
    they/he
    Song you did really well!! Tbh I was townreading you until PoE came into play

Yeah all the conftowns were painful.
    they/he
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Perhaps, but Song didn't put up the kind of nonsense-based fight over it that Sophia did.

Sophia voted Mouse early, then changed her vote, then didn't vote her later, when you, Pandora, Song, and Keyen all did.

You could say Song bussed Mouse by what, voting her last? But isn't that something mafia prefer not to do, be the last vote if bussing their partner because then it looks like they only did it when there was no option? Because it's easy to point to?

So it's sus that Song voted Mouse last. But not sus that Sophia voted Mouse safely first then changed it, then didn't vote later when it got Mouse elimed?

Are there any other reasons you're sure it's Song rather than Sophia? I do want to hear what you have to say.

Oh my gosh. I already explained to you and even gave you the quotes as to why I voted for Mouse first and then didn’t vote for them later on. -_-

It’s cause I voted her first for my EMMM. While as mafia I do usually put my scumbuddies as EMMM I don’t ever vote them cause that brings too much attention to them. And the whole Mouse suspicion started hours after I went to sleep, so of course I wouldn’t be able to vote for her later when everyone else did. Do you expect me to have some kinda sixth sense while I’m asleep or something as to when someone’s getting voted in mafia so that I can wake up from my deep sleep and get on my phone just so I can vote them too?

Actually I really did appreciate and see those quotes. That was truly helpful though to my mind, you could have been lying so it didn't prove or disprove anything. But: it was appreciated! And I hadn't seen it the first time. Wasn't pretending.

Second-guessing and trying to find whether something can be disproven by finding a single exception is what I do. It's a good thing when looking at proofs, and a bad thing in most practical aspects of life, in which extreme rare exceptions don't prove much of anything.
    You’re reading back? After you finish, you should join the afterlife server.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    LOL, I was the lousiest one in this game. 😂 I was like, "Okay, I helped kill Mouse for y'all D1. Aight, I'mma head out." LOL LOL.

Maybe because you usually die on the first Night xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

But vote for me if you like. I don’t care. I’d actually prefer if you voted me just so that when I flip as town you can realize that you shouldn’t be so stubborn all the time.

I am sorry for upsetting you. And I've been stubborn all my life when I find something that hasn't been explained or disproven to satisfaction. Sometimes that is a strength, but most of the time, it just irritates people. It runs in the family. We don't keep up with each other much, though we ought to, since we have things in common that make us weird to everyone else.

Anyway, I can laugh at myself, at least, and you can join in without fear of reprisal.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Amazing job fighting to the very end like that, Song! You are indeed a cool-headed poker player at least, that's what it looks like to me.

Congrats town, and while I can't change that I find a lot of scenarios plausible, that the rest of you seem able to dismiss out-of-hand due to being less likely, I can apologize for being tiresome. To me, it's hard to classify something as "necessarily not the case" if there's a condition in which it *could* be true.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    "I see what your last obstacle is."

"What?"

"All your life, you've been alone and isolated, which isn't conducive to the spark of discovery."

"See, that's the thing. I was hoping to find someone to marry and have kids with after this whole thing."

"Well, companionship isn't just strictly limited to romance."

"Are you saying I should make friends or something?"

Madam Ricksen chuckles.

"You'll figure it out," she remarks.

Arturo spent the next few days after that in a mad rush, remembering to consult other people in the scientific community. Apparently, Mortimer Goth had already come up with a formula to reverse aging by a few years, and was willing to share some insights on his formula. This was the last piece needed for Arturo to finish his potion.

And with that, the clear pink liquid allowed Arturo another chance at life.

SNDT6Gs.jpg
    q6dK2Yl.jpg

Maybe he'll do things right this time. A family, a career, and all the other things he never got to do the first time.

BCPz6gD.png
    Song, the Reversed Hermit (Set 1), has been discarded.

The Upright Cards Win!

Overall it was a good game. Players really gave a lot and kept things interesting!

you're such a good storyteller, Ice! So glad Arturo got his second chance. I love how you illustrated the story.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @icmnfrsh and what are you using for Sims3 skins?! I got to get summa dat.

xicwqMCm.jpg

No, I think I was. The only difference being, you have a reputation to uphold.

xicwqMCm.jpg

No, you weren’t. If it weren’t for you and your doctor protects, then mafia would probably have won this game. You’re the person to credit for town winning this game, so thank you!
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!

No, you weren’t. If it weren’t for you and your doctor protects, then mafia would probably have won this game. You’re the person to credit for town winning this game, so thank you!

that's really sweet of you Sophia, but... I don't think I actually ever did one bit of good with my doctor power. I protected my partner Em the first night, felt in a quandary due to my doubts about everyone the second night, so did my one self-protect because by then everyone knew I was a doctor and I figured I'd make a good target, and the third night, I protected DeKay, but after committing to that, second-guessed again when I remembered that Pandora was IC, and might have changed it, but it was too late by then. I'm just glad DeKay was town, but did anyone actually target any of the people I protected on any of the nights I protected them?

I still want to know why there were no kills! @xSongx , can you tell us?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    congrats town
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

that's really sweet of you Sophia, but... I don't think I actually ever did one bit of good with my doctor power. I protected my partner Em the first night, felt in a quandary due to my doubts about everyone the second night, so did my one self-protect because by then everyone knew I was a doctor and I figured I'd make a good target, and the third night, I protected DeKay, but after committing to that, second-guessed again when I remembered that Pandora was IC, and might have changed it, but it was too late by then. I'm just glad DeKay was town, but did anyone actually target any of the people I protected on any of the nights I protected them?

There were no kills because both of the people you protected, Song tried to kill. That’s why I said you saved the game for town.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!

Yeah, you blocked both my first two kills! If you hadn’t I possibly could’ve won because there would’ve been two less town.
    they/he

Icey posted the night actions here-
    Night Actions
    Pregame

DeKay gets the Doctor and Tracker powers
    Emily enters a Mason chat with Nush
    Night 1

Song kills Emily
    Nush protects Emily
    DeKay tracks Sophia
    Night 2

Song kills Nush
    Nush protects themselves
    DeKay protects herself
    Night 3

Song kills Keyen/Pandora
    Nush protects DeKay

Here are the night actions

As you can see, Song tried to kill me on night 1 and you protected me.

Then night 2, song tried to kill you but you self-protected.

Night 3, obviously song targeted pandorra and had we had a longer night you might have saved her too because you DID sorta come to a realisation BUT it doesn't matter now because we still won and it was pretty impossible for song to win xD

So you did well!!! And yeah, you saved town!
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    And also well done to mouse and tuti, too

Thanks! Yea, I was not feeling it this game. I kind of regret choosing scum. Last minute before I had to go I decided that I could at least seem like I was busing Tuti since I thought she was scum. Idk if that did much tho. Good job town! Good try Song, Tuti, and Bella!

Yeah, you blocked both my first two kills! If you hadn’t I possibly could’ve won because there would’ve been two less town.

oh wow, no kidding?! That's so odd! I was also about to switch to protecting Pandora the third night but it was right after it was too late to change it...weird! And here I thought it wasn't likely I was doing any good, and wondered why there weren't kills, was waiting for some strange and fascinating explanation.

Wish I could say it was some fabulous work on my part but even a blindfolded person hits the target some of the time.
    Even if it's just by circumstance, I'm glad I was useful to town this game. But why Emzy on N1?

xicwqMCm.jpg