Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Timeline Adventure Challenge - A New Way to Explore History

I have finally finished the rules to the point that they're all published and I feel like the challenge is ready to share.

Welcome to the Timeline Adventure Challenge! This is a story-based generational challenge that will take you through history from the Stone Age into the future. It is not for the faint of heart, as it spans more than 30 generations. I based the rules off of having all of the expansion packs (excluding the Star Wars one) and I will be trying to keep this updated with new packs, but it would still be possible to complete if you’re missing some by either skipping the generations pertaining to the missing pack or changing the goals for that generation. Also: if you are too scared of the full 30+ generations, feel free to pick and choose which generations to play as you go (although you’d miss large parts of the story) and just have fun with discovering history. There is also a hefty dose of fantasy in this challenge and it does include the Supernatural states. The Sims game itself requires some imagination to play, and so does this challenge. If this isn’t up your alley, you could either skip the more fanciful generations, or find a different challenge. This challenge follows a family that starts in Europe and eventually comes to the USA, so expect the history involved to follow that track, as well. This is not so much a building challenge as it is a game play and “Legacy” challenge, and, to that end, I will be providing lots I have built for each generation and era. (eventually - I only have the first few generations done right now!) They are linked from a greenish box at the end of each generation’s rules, and will be filled out as I work my way through testing the whole challenge. Another way to find them is search the gallery with the hashtag #timelineadventure . I have also tried to make this challenge appropriate for all and as family friendly as possible. There will be death and woohoo, however, as those are things that really can’t be avoided in a legacy challenge.

Timeline Adventure Challenge Main Rules

The rules are split up so they're easier to navigate, and so the people who want to avoid spoilers - can.

-- Generations 1-5 (A Fruitful Beginning – Medieval Magic)
-- Generations 6-10 (Creating the Renaissance – Regency Era Lover)
-- Generations 11-15 (Gothic Nightmare – Gangsters and Flappers)
-- Generations 16-20 (The Great Depression – Protest, Activism, and the Vietnam War)
-- Generations 21-25 (The Cold War – Hack the Planet)
-- Generations 26-30 (Extreme Sports Craze – Age of Automation)
-- Generations 31-33 (The End of the World – Full Circle)

Comments