Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a MCCC question, could anyone help me out?

So, I have same sex try for baby on MCCC disabled, cause I usually just change the can get pregnant/get someone pregnant settings in CAS if i wanna do that, but recently, with the same sex try for baby disabled, it doesn't allow for pregnancies even if I change those setting. Like, it will allow the sims to try for baby, but it never, never, ever result in a pregnancy. I'm pretty sure the MCCC setting, or something else in MCCC, was the problem, cause when I removed the mod this wasn't an issue any more. I had two female sims, one with their gender setting set to "get someone pregnant", and boom! Immediately worked, after trying a half dozen times before with no result. I'm pretty sure this hasn't been a problem before, I've been using MCCC for ages and never had this issue up till now. Has anyone else run into this? Is there some setting that I messed up that's resulting in this weird anomaly? I suppose it could be a bug in the mod, but that honestly seems less likely than me just not seeing or understanding the right settings, so I'm hoping someone can advise me lol.

To reiterate, cause it's kind of confusing to talk about it, I want to use MCCC, but have this particular setting exactly what it would be in the un-modded game: that two sims of the same gender can't make baby UNLESS one of their pregnancy gender settings in CAS is switched. Right now, when I have MCCC installed with the "same sex try for baby" disabled, pregnancy between two sims of the same gender seems to be impossible EVEN IF one of their pregnancy settings in CAS has been changed, and I'm wondering if there's anything in the MCCC settings I'm over looking that would change that. Thanks!

Comments

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2021
    I know the problem.

I'll bet if you go into "MC Command Center/MC Woohoo/WooHoo Pregnancy/Try For Baby Percent" it's probably currently '0'. Right? If you change it to something else, and go back in, it just gets reset to 0.

The mod had a setting problem somewhere. Deaderpool doesn't know anything about it, and won't look for it. I've reported it several times. There is a setting... SOMEWHERE else that if you change it, the "try for baby percent" setting will start working again. I've never been able to figure out which one. It takes forever to find because you have to change one setting, save, exit, re-load, and try it again.

The setting in my current game is working properly now and I REALLY don't want to change any settings to figure out which one ATM.

Basically, try changing settings in MCCC... You may stumble across it like I did. I just don't know which one. There are hundreds.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    The risky woohoo is set to zero, but the try for baby is set to the default 80 percent, so I'm not really sure what the problem is? I really can't fathom what other setting could be affecting it, other the the "same sex try for baby" being disabled. I could just turn it on I guess? But again, I prefer to use the default game settings for that. I have the broader npc pregnancy and marriage percents all set to zero, cause I don't want any story progression atm, but that's a totally different thing and shouldn't affect the actual played sims during gameplay, right? I've gone through all the settings multiple times but I just can't think of anything else that might be affecting it, and I don't wanna just start turning things on and off hoping it'll fix it. I was hoping someone could give me SOME kind of specific clue or guidance to look at? But, I guess I'll just have to stop using MCCC for a while :/
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I think its a lot simpler than you think. If you disable "same sex try for baby", and then try to have a baby with two sims of the same sex... that's extremely likely why its not working.

You DO know, you can disable random pregnancies in MCCC's story progression, right? You can disable everything in story progression if you want...

No random pregnancies:
    Go into "MC Pregnancy/Pregnant Sim Selection/Pregnancy Percentage" and set all age groups to "0"

No random marriages:
    Go into "MC Pregnancy/Marriage Sim Selection/Marriage Percentage" and set all age groups to "0"

If you don't want ANY babies showing up at all... (except yours) you'll have to disable them in MC Population also so none are created automatically to fill houses... "MC Population/Populating Settings/Percent Baby"

Don't want sims to randomly break up?
    "MCCC settings/Relationship Settings/Breakup Settings" and set both Couple and Spouse "Relationship change percent" to "0"

It'll do what you want. You just have to find the right settings. And there are a LOT of settings...