Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    that's great news about the early access
    6adMCGP.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I want to see what a black, female para looks like.

Also though there are neat features in CAS im most interested in their personality system. If its something that rivals Sims 2 & 3 im really interested
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Great news! Thanks for sharing! 😊👍

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • AniSimmerAniSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    Other
    Neither Paralives nor The Sims 5 I don't want a game that is always online since that will make modding and CC impossible. In my opinion, mods and CC carry the games till the next instalment, and I wouldn't buy The Sims 5 until it had been released for a time, unless it was truly surprising.
    AniSimmer wrote: »
    Neither Paralives nor The Sims 5 I don't want a game that is always online since that will make modding and CC impossible. In my opinion, mods and CC carry the games till the next instalment, and I wouldn't buy The Sims 5 until it had been released for a time, unless it was truly surprising.

Paralives wouldn't be like that you don't nee to be online 24/7. And also Paralives is going to be very mod and CC friendly
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

I think I might have missed something, when I looked t the roadmap I didn't see anything at all about actual gameplay being worked on. Did anybody else?

The only thing I saw were little boxes and each of those all had Paramaker things listed, and then the "After Early Access" ones were fro creating Cats, Dogs, and Horses.

I was really hoping to get a glimpse of what the gameplay elements they were implementing. So for me, it still had no additional news, which makes me sad. TS4 already focuses wayyyyy too much on CAS and BB, so I don't need another doll house/house building simulator.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2022

I think I might have missed something, when I looked t the roadmap I didn't see anything at all about actual gameplay being worked on. Did anybody else?

The only thing I saw were little boxes and each of those all had Paramaker things listed, and then the "After Early Access" ones were fro creating Cats, Dogs, and Horses.

I was really hoping to get a glimpse of what the gameplay elements they were implementing. So for me, it still had no additional news, which makes me sad. TS4 already focuses wayyyyy too much on CAS and BB, so I don't need another doll house/house building simulator.

You're right. Though it says they worked on animations every month I would like to see them, or something. I've already seen the male outfit they hosted recently uh like several months ago. It's almost like they recycled old news and decided to show where they got the idea for the jacket but we already saw that outfit when they first introduced the male Parafolk. :/

Also, I'm almost positive early access will be to play with the Parafolk maker and the buildmode. Those are listed under GamePlay...so yes, it might be a real game, but I no longer believe it's a simulation game like a life simulator.

I actually now believe it's all been nothing but demonstrations (which Alex has lots of experience in doing) of what is possible in that engine. I mean that is what he did do before deciding to build this game. Can't help it, have to trust my gut.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    Should EA fumble the ball with the upcoming Werewolfe pack, I do belive the demand for Paralives would increase drastic
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited May 2022
    I’m not sure with this one.

If Sims 5 is an online mmo type of game with multiplayer I’m out.
    On the other hand, Paralives has not excited me. I’ve yet to see gameplay. Also not a fan of the art style. I’m wary that Paralives are promising the moon and they are very much an indie game studio and whilst I love indie games I’m not so sure they can deliver. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong.
    Ha, clearly my answer has changed since I voted!
    edited May 2022

it might be under "secrets"? But please remember they only started on live mode this year. So there's literally no game play yet. They would have started maybe last year if they hadn't had to reinvent the wheel with their paramaker plan (aka backtrack on it due to EA's patent)

And also the roadmap will be updated as time goes on.

PS.. apperently if you check road map if you click on the "live mode" at the top it might show you some potential gameplay
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @MadameLee Thanks! I didn't even notice the tabs listed.

I just looked and they've listed what they've done, what they're working on, and what's to come. So that's cool!

I'll bookmark this page and refer back to it to check for any updates.
    edited May 2022
    I spent about thirty minutes looking at the roadmap tabs. It's clear to me that Early Access isn't going to be anytime this year. I say that because if you look under each tab of what has been completed under 'done' and what is planned to be in each category Before Early Access each of those categories have mega huge amounts of things that have not been established nor even finished.

Some of those things are very complicated systems, coding, animations etc. Especially Live Mode. But even under the General Tab there are things in its category that they have said has to be in the Early Access edition...so I'm now convinced we won't see any Early Access (if they go by their own RoadMap) of what has to be in it...for many years. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm actually surprised they are talking about early access already considering how much needs to be done still.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited May 2022
    I'm actually surprised they are talking about early access already considering how much needs to be done still.

I think they realize the 'fans' are becoming restless. This is not the only site where people are complaining where is any live mode gameplay features as we see over and over things about the Parafolk Maker (which is dynamic in my mind) it's being discussed everywhere as people start to get flustered with the progress after supporting them for three years.
    @MadameLee Thanks! I didn't even notice the tabs listed.

I just looked and they've listed what they've done, what they're working on, and what's to come. So that's cool!

I'll bookmark this page and refer back to it to check for any updates.

I didn't even notice either until yesterday!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited May 2022
    Other
    As of now, I'm not planning on buying either. Paralives is still in development, so it's too soon to say if I'd be interested. The Sims 5 hasn't been announced yet and there's no guarantee that there will even be one. EA apparently mentioned that they still have a lot of content coming for The Sims 4, whatever that means. If TS5 does happen and it's an MMO, I for sure wouldn't buy it. To be completely honest, I'm still not too happy about the lack of features available in TS4; most of the expansions are lacking compared to TS3 and especially TS2.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I'm just here for the Cine-cism. It always makes my day, and I'm glad to see it hasn't abated.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Other
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I'm just here for the Cine-cism. It always makes my day, and I'm glad to see it hasn't abated.

Lol same, I can't look away. I honestly don't know if I am interested in Paralives. Not interested enough to invest in it but keeping an eyebrow raised to see what happens.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited May 2022
    I was very much on the hype train for this game, however, several months ago (some time last year) a little red flag popped up in my mind after reading something in the patron updates. I stopped supporting them, after much deliberation with myself. (Common sense took over).

I decided they should get as much scrutiny as I give EA/Maxis. I'm an equal opportunity critic. :#

Looking at the members of their team, it seems impressive, one states they worked on all sorts of movies that we all know. Or at least maybe they meant the games derived from those movies...not sure, no one ever investigated any of that. Maybe (?) Hm.

Three PR persons have left the team to the best of my knowledge let alone a few others who have other things to say about the work process and productivity of it all.

Not only do they pull in that money from being supported but Youtubers and others make money per click when they talk or show anything about the demonstrations.

One should wonder or at least ask why they didn't go with Kick Starter, which actually is an entity that would manage the money and distribute the money to those Indie companies that make progress. It's a legit gaming avenue to build a game. But they require discipline and progress, and other tiny companies have to compete for that money by proving themselves and meeting actual goals, so they can remain funded.

By choosing a different avenue for funding like so many other individuals, no one can say anything if the game was actually cancelled or never comes to fruition. Some of these things are enough red flags for me to not actually believe this game is ever going to be a game we were all hoping it would be.

I wish them all the luck if it's real, but right now, I don't actually believe it anymore.

For Instance, why are there update Patches (????) when the game isn't even playable. I mean how messed up is all this to say they have Patches when there isn't even any game. Or even a World. Or fixed a bug where music sound didn't play when they have stated over and over they haven't developed any music and or sounds....someone on the team who had no experience in sounds were just recently working on music direction for the game....Does none of this bother anyone to see they say 'mode in beta' and or Patches for a game that isn't actually a game, or am I the only one out here seeing some strange things going on. Like there isn't a game, there isn't even a world, there isn't even any music direction chosen yet, there isn't even many different houses because there would have to be a world.....but they have Patches ????

http://paralives-game.com/blog/updates

ETA: Please note, the site I just posted is a scam fansite where they say they love playing Paralives. But to the average internet user they would believe it's a legit Paralives site. However, with all that said the 'updates' are actually updates and truthful to the progress of what the actual team has stated...so patches without even a game, yet.

The site has been around for quite some time. Two friends who say they love playing Paralives. Also, at one point in time I actually downloaded something but was afraid to open it..who knows what it was..possible a game demostration or something else. Too many red flags for me to believe this game is ever going to get off the ground with so many saying they are Paralives and or have all the inside scoop and or the experience of those on the team and or how funding has been handled. Because Kick Starter is a legit way to fund a game, but there are very strict rules.

Post edited by Cinebar on
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I

http://paralives-game.com/blog/updates

ETA: Please note, the site I just posted is a scam fansite where they say they love playing Paralives. But to the average internet user they would believe it's a legit Paralives site. However, with all that said the 'updates' are actually updates and truthful to the progress of what the actual team has stated...so patches without even a game, yet.

The site has been around for quite some time. Two friends who say they love playing Paralives. Also, at one point in time I actually downloaded something but was afraid to open it..who knows what it was..possible a game demostration or something else. Too many red flags for me to believe this game is ever going to get off the ground with so many saying they are Paralives and or have all the inside scoop and or the experience of those on the team and or how funding has been handled. Because Kick Starter is a legit way to fund a game, but there are very strict rules.

You really shouldn't try to download paralives from anything but Steam it will NOT be avaible anywhere else but Steam when it's in Early Access or in the finally released addition . And did you even read the Paralives Roadmap that was released a week ago or two?

6adMCGP.gif
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Just posting to see my answer to the poll. I must have voted a while ago.
    My interest in simulations is waning, so I don't see myself buying a whole new game. I'll stick with Sims 4. As soon as we get a Generations EP, I will be satisfied for the most part.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    AniSimmer wrote: »

Tokyo Ghoul. :o
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top