Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Movotti wrote: »
    At this point, I don't know.
    Paralives looks good. But from what I've heard, it's going to be even more US-centric than the sims, meaning I would be even more frustrated by that aspect. The sims already has me angry at times, because it doesn't have enough that feels relevant to me, and my culture.

UHMMM... Paralives is Canadian lol, Montreal to be exact! So where are you getting the idea of US-centricty? Might help to have facts before making statements like this. I am a proud paralives patreon, so I know my facts ;)
    (edit:sp)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm interested in Paralives but won't buy it. I also won't be going on to Sims 5. I'm too old to do another 5 or 6 years on another game. I enjoy playing with Sims 4 still.

I'll just stick to the Sims games that I have already, all of them, and hoping for an emulator for The Sims so that I could try playing that again on Windows 10.

lo, I'll be 64 soon and I can't wait for paralives, what does age have to do with games we love? It's what keeps us young ;) I have played since 2008 startign with sim ant, sim city and then the sims beginning release in 2000. I will play games as long as I possibly can. <3
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm supporting them on patreon, and everything they're working on is VERY interesting. Plus they are very vigilant on taking feedback and suggestions. I wouldn't be surprised if Paralives surpasses every sims game ever made. But we'll see - at least it will be a nice simulation game with a lot of the features that I personally enjoy.

I'm glad to meet someone here who is supporting them. I have seriously considered it, and wondered how risky that would be financially. I've never done that before.

ETA: So excited to see the ability to stretch cabinets etc. and to draw our own sizes of lots and those windows! lol So excited a color wheel in game at base. So many little features already!

I have supported them from the beginning and I have zero regrets, just choose the level of support that best suits you or that you can afford, they appreciate every dime <3

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    SimSpock wrote: »
    I put Other, because I don't plan on buying either one at this point.

It looks like TS5 will have a significant online component, which kills it for me.

Paralives is still in pre-alpha, core systems are still in development, and as far as I know, there isn't any gameplay yet to see. But even if it were coming out soon and looked like the best of TS1 through TS4 all rolled into one, I still wouldn't buy it because it's on Steam. Sell it somewhere else and maybe, someday, if it's ever finished, I might buy it.

Steam is so much better than Origin any day of the year, ask anyone who rebought sims 3 just to escape the sims 3 6.9 patch that killed the game!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Cinebar wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

This is a great poll thanks for starting it. I am enjoying reading player responses and the extra info players have about the Paralives game itself. Part of me wishes EA would just pull their finger out and finally create something stunning with 5 but even if they do I am not sure they have momentum to continue on without getting lazy and entitled again and then the other part of me thinks maybe it's time for someone new and fresh to take the reins and hopefully do something wonderful. I just hope we don't have years to wait before they release the game or EA tries to put a stop to it. It makes me wonder with it already being advertised on steam if they have a time element to their advertising for the release of the game?

They are asking everyone to put the game on their wish list on Steam. Steam has a placeholder for it as far as I know (the game) but I'm not sure what it means to request everyone put the game on the Steam Wish List. I don't use Steam. I had it one time, (got a free game from a pc maker) but I didn't understand Steam (lol) and I didn't like the free game I was rewarded. So, I never used Steam. What does it mean to put a game on Steam's wish list that isn't even finished yet? ETA: But steam has it advertised as single player offline, so I don't understand also adding to a wish list?

Steam is an amazing platform far superior to Origin hon, many have deserted origin for steam, even repurchasing base games just to esacpe origin. Hubby and I love steam and he has like 3000+ games on steam (yeah he is a serious gamer), so I always have games to play with no issues ;)
    (edit:sp)

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    At this point, I don't know.
    Paralives looks good. But from what I've heard, it's going to be even more US-centric than the sims, meaning I would be even more frustrated by that aspect. The sims already has me angry at times, because it doesn't have enough that feels relevant to me, and my culture.

The devs are Canadian though. They also listen to people and take their suggestions seriously, so try asking them about what you would like.

How does one do that?

patreon and discord. Once you become a patreon you gain access to the inner patreon members only discord sections.

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    UnicornSlymeUnicornSlyme Posts: 1 New Member
    Other
    I plan on buying neither. The Sims is moving away from the experiences I enjoy and the fact Sims 5 looks like it's going to be slimmed down even more so people can play it on pads and mobile devices doesn't thrill me. The slim down for consoles was bad enough. Paralives looks awful, like The Sims with none of the charm or quirkiness or just plain weird things that I enjoy. I'm good with playing Sims 3 and Sims 4, once I get my older rig running - I'll be able to play 1 and 2 again as well. No reason to chase a new shiny, there's so much in the games already out that I haven't done.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Nope. I don't care if it's for free. I have spent 20 years of my life with my Sims and I'm no traitor.

I have spent 22 years and after 4's failures I have learned my lesson! EA is all about their greed, the sims is just a money tool for them. You wouldn't speak like this if you ever knew Will Wright, EA has killed his prospects for the sims long ago. He never wanted online, and he wanted the modders to be part of the game from the start. This was his baby and the one who stuck by his dreams the most is the one heading Paradox tectonic now. So no, EA deserves zero support unless they pull a rabbit out the proverbial hat by bringing the game back to it's best, A mix between 2 and 3, 4 is a failure IMHO.

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'm laughing that the Paralives thread is consistently the most active and commented thread in the Sims Franchise Discussion forum :D
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2022
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    All well and good, but where is the gameplay, even a little bit? So far, looks like a big CAS project, not a playable game. Yes, any early enthusiasm I had is very much cooled.
    They have a smaller team of 10 or so people so instead of jumping from project to project they work on one aspect of the game at a time build mode and now Paramaker have the majority of their features complete so it's only a matter of time till they move to live mode this game has years of development to go seriously who wants a rushed incomplete game been there done that with Sims 4.

Not at all wanting rushed. At the same time, if they proceed too slowly, they could find their product - even its concept - obsolete and unmarketable. How popular would a Ford Model T be these days?

I doubt it would sell too well.

But, Mahindra USA sells a Jeep clone called the Roxor. It was originally based on the Indian-market Thar, which has a lot of CJ-3 components originating from licensed Jeep production many years ago. So, while there are some modern additions (i.e. a modern emissions-compliant diesel engine), mechanically, you largely have a vehicle that has a lot in common with the 1950s and 1960s Kaiser Jeeps; including many mechanical parts.

It was so popular that Chrysler ended up suing Mahindra for copyright infringement (which was kind of obvious--it looked exactly like a Jeep), which resulted in discontinuation and a massive redesign before a relaunch of the vehicle last year.

But the caveat is that it isn't road legal. A couple of people around here got by with that by sticking Farm Use tags on the things. I honestly don't see the point--you can buy a Wrangler that is a few years older for less. The engine is more powerful, there are more creature comforts, and well, perfectly road legal.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Other
    I'm not planning on getting either one. While I do think it's about time the Sims gets some competition in the life simulator genre, I haven't paid attention to Paralives outside of the occasional mention by other people. As for the TS5, I don't have high hopes for it. I mean, look at how the Sims 4 has been handled since it was released. To this day it is riddled with bugs that haven't been fixed despite plenty of people reporting them, leaving the modding community to fix them. If this is how the current game is handled why would the next one be any different?
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Paralives is starting to look better and better. Especially if The Sims continue with bugs and shotty content. Not interested in TS5.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    Paralives is starting to look better and better. Especially if The Sims continue with bugs and shotty content. Not interested in TS5.

I dunno, I've been following paralives for a long time, and I haven't seen anything that is making it look any better than it did a month ago, or even 6 months ago.

I think what you meant to say was that The Sims franchise is looking worse. Paralives still looks the same as it has been looking.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I dunno, I've been following paralives for a long time, and I haven't seen anything that is making it look any better than it did a month ago, or even 6 months ago.

I think what you meant to say was that The Sims franchise is looking worse. Paralives still looks the same as it has been looking.

I agree. Paralives hasn't improved visually to me at all and since we have never seen actual gameplay (just building stuff, and then we don't know if that's actually captured IN the game or just done in Unity or Unreal, whichever engine they're using).

I think the shape of the parafolk is very amateurish also, to my eye there is just something off with the way they stand, it's extremely un-natural looking to me.

But, if the gameplay exceeds what a AAA game gives us and can keep me entertained, surprised, excited, and thoroughly engrossed in my story, then I can certainly overlook the "look" of the characters and just try to adjust them to be a little bit more to my taste.
  • Options
    IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    No game can satisfy the players, the expectations of the simmers are too high.

Minecraft is very simple and ugly but the players have fun and are more creative than the simmers.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I agree. Paralives hasn't improved visually to me at all and since we have never seen actual gameplay (just building stuff, and then we don't know if that's actually captured IN the game or just done in Unity or Unreal, whichever engine they're using).

I think the shape of the parafolk is very amateurish also, to my eye there is just something off with the way they stand, it's extremely un-natural looking to me.

But, if the gameplay exceeds what a AAA game gives us and can keep me entertained, surprised, excited, and thoroughly engrossed in my story, then I can certainly overlook the "look" of the characters and just try to adjust them to be a little bit more to my taste.

please remember that the focus had been on build mode due to the fact that they had to reinvent the wheel with Paramaker because their original plan was for a push and pull system like Sims 4 but that is Patented. That's why there hasn't been any focus on gameplay. I'm not sure what "live mode" means but that's what is going to be the focus of 2022. I think it might mean gameplay?

remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither are video games phone apps or otherwise

@Movotti there's parazines avaible if you don't want to read all the dev chats and there's quite a lot. But they're always like a month behind.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Looks like the Paralives team is starting to deep dive into building the foundations of live mode (from their discord)

vukvj8xmmmp3.png
    or317ndsvxv2.png
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    I hope others will continue to update this thread for those interested in this topic. Whether it's news about TS5 and or Paralives so people can compare how they stack up and if they would want either of them or both or none. I may not be here, but please, if you have news about Paralives and or TS5 feel free to post in this thread if I'm not. Greener pasters and freedom to enjoy those greener pasters are around the corner, so, If I'm not, I hope they update their fans about the live mode gameplay 'soon'. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Well I'm going to be updating this thread with new info about Paralives. And like I said the other day. 2022 is going to focus on live mode. It's even in Development page on the website
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Well I'm going to be updating this thread with new info about Paralives. And like I said the other day. 2022 is going to focus on live mode. It's even in Development page on the website

Hello! I recognize you from the discord
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options

and you are on the discord?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.

Yes I am
  • Options

Yes I am

I meant the username? just ping me the next time you get on the discord and then I might recognize you
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top