How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 3,392 Member
    Other
    Lots of promises. And yes I know, 5 years from now people keep saying "The game is still at very beginning in development..."



    Happy if I am proved wrong tho.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Well the time has come what many have been waiting for...

    Current Status - January 2022 (soon!)
    - Improving the Paramaker, adding more features and fixing bugs
    - Adding body and face shapes for the adult human model
    - Designing and implementing the animation system and its mod support
    - Creating more character animations
    - Working on the musical direction and soundtrack of the game
    - Brainstorming and designing different aspects of the game

    Looks like Paramaker is being cleaned up and the work for live mode begins.

    I do like the sound of this.

    If Paralives base game came out at some point in 2022 I would be happy 😊🎉.

    Trying to build Falcon Crest estate 🏡🎉🦅
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,483 Member
    Other
    taydev wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

    The only paraman I've seen was the guy who took off his shoes and sat on the kitchen counters. He didn't look particularly smanchy and model like. Are there good looking Paras? To me they look like they tried to make them relatable and, like @Cinebar said, gave them a lot of ugly features. Or maybe is just this trend that I see affecting sims also, that people like to exaggerate features like the red nose, under eye bags, unnaturally large eyes and mouths, etc., thinking they are creating pretty sims with character.

    The Paradudes:

    6-D7019-C1-0-C72-4-E29-9-CE5-D961-C98-FDB95.jpg
    244-D54-CA-0-A76-4405-A022-E2-E3-DC75139-F.jpg

    taydev wrote: »

    Men have impossibly high fantasy-like standards for women and zero for men, which is why the male paralifer(?) looks just fine of course, but the female is “ugly”. Geez. They look like regular folks and every feature that was harshly criticized is what you see on regular folks lol.

    But I’m not saying the female is “ugly”. Or am I missing something? 🤔
    It’s just that compared to lovely looking Average Mags, the dudes come across as male modelish and stylish….they both have a similar physique and look almost like fashion drawing mannequins. Whereas Maggie looks like…Maggie the nice girl from down the road.

    A lot of you are saying that the guys look average too…do they really though?

    I suppose I’m such a hideous guy - compared to me all men look like male models. 😝

    My reply was to Cinebar, who literally said the women were ugly, needed lots of work, and criticized features real women naturally have that are perfectly normal. I didn’t even read your comment so… *shrugs*

    You did not read the very comment that you quoted?


    Stop wasting my time. Thank you.
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 899 Member
    edited December 2021
    Other
    taydev wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

    The only paraman I've seen was the guy who took off his shoes and sat on the kitchen counters. He didn't look particularly smanchy and model like. Are there good looking Paras? To me they look like they tried to make them relatable and, like @Cinebar said, gave them a lot of ugly features. Or maybe is just this trend that I see affecting sims also, that people like to exaggerate features like the red nose, under eye bags, unnaturally large eyes and mouths, etc., thinking they are creating pretty sims with character.

    The Paradudes:

    6-D7019-C1-0-C72-4-E29-9-CE5-D961-C98-FDB95.jpg
    244-D54-CA-0-A76-4405-A022-E2-E3-DC75139-F.jpg

    taydev wrote: »

    Men have impossibly high fantasy-like standards for women and zero for men, which is why the male paralifer(?) looks just fine of course, but the female is “ugly”. Geez. They look like regular folks and every feature that was harshly criticized is what you see on regular folks lol.

    But I’m not saying the female is “ugly”. Or am I missing something? 🤔
    It’s just that compared to lovely looking Average Mags, the dudes come across as male modelish and stylish….they both have a similar physique and look almost like fashion drawing mannequins. Whereas Maggie looks like…Maggie the nice girl from down the road.

    A lot of you are saying that the guys look average too…do they really though?

    I suppose I’m such a hideous guy - compared to me all men look like male models. 😝

    My reply was to Cinebar, who literally said the women were ugly, needed lots of work, and criticized features real women naturally have that are perfectly normal. I didn’t even read your comment so… *shrugs*

    You did not read the very comment that you quoted?


    Stop wasting my time. Thank you.

    Wait I am confused and you’re making a wrongful assumption because I meant to quote Cinebar. If I quoted you it was just a mistake. Yeesh. I’ve been on mobile this whole discussion so i just replied to the wrong person then.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 899 Member
    Other
    taydev wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

    The only paraman I've seen was the guy who took off his shoes and sat on the kitchen counters. He didn't look particularly smanchy and model like. Are there good looking Paras? To me they look like they tried to make them relatable and, like @Cinebar said, gave them a lot of ugly features. Or maybe is just this trend that I see affecting sims also, that people like to exaggerate features like the red nose, under eye bags, unnaturally large eyes and mouths, etc., thinking they are creating pretty sims with character.

    The Paradudes:

    6-D7019-C1-0-C72-4-E29-9-CE5-D961-C98-FDB95.jpg
    244-D54-CA-0-A76-4405-A022-E2-E3-DC75139-F.jpg

    taydev wrote: »

    Men have impossibly high fantasy-like standards for women and zero for men, which is why the male paralifer(?) looks just fine of course, but the female is “ugly”. Geez. They look like regular folks and every feature that was harshly criticized is what you see on regular folks lol.

    But I’m not saying the female is “ugly”. Or am I missing something? 🤔
    It’s just that compared to lovely looking Average Mags, the dudes come across as male modelish and stylish….they both have a similar physique and look almost like fashion drawing mannequins. Whereas Maggie looks like…Maggie the nice girl from down the road.

    A lot of you are saying that the guys look average too…do they really though?

    I suppose I’m such a hideous guy - compared to me all men look like male models. 😝

    My reply was to Cinebar, who literally said the women were ugly, needed lots of work, and criticized features real women naturally have that are perfectly normal. I didn’t even read your comment so… *shrugs*

    You did not read the very comment that you quoted?


    Stop wasting my time. Thank you.

    Actually I reread my quotes now and my first was in disagreement with Cinebar and agreement with yours. You misunderstood and perhaps I wasn’t clear that I was agreeing with you that Maggie looks just fine.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,250 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Well the time has come what many have been waiting for...

    Current Status - January 2022 (soon!)
    - Improving the Paramaker, adding more features and fixing bugs
    - Adding body and face shapes for the adult human model
    - Designing and implementing the animation system and its mod support
    - Creating more character animations
    - Working on the musical direction and soundtrack of the game
    - Brainstorming and designing different aspects of the game

    Looks like Paramaker is being cleaned up and the work for live mode begins.

    You do know this is what they have said every month and posted every month since before 2021 don't you? I had screen shots to prove it month after month but recently deleted them because I needed to clean up my pc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,250 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    taydev wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

    The only paraman I've seen was the guy who took off his shoes and sat on the kitchen counters. He didn't look particularly smanchy and model like. Are there good looking Paras? To me they look like they tried to make them relatable and, like @Cinebar said, gave them a lot of ugly features. Or maybe is just this trend that I see affecting sims also, that people like to exaggerate features like the red nose, under eye bags, unnaturally large eyes and mouths, etc., thinking they are creating pretty sims with character.

    The Paradudes:

    6-D7019-C1-0-C72-4-E29-9-CE5-D961-C98-FDB95.jpg
    244-D54-CA-0-A76-4405-A022-E2-E3-DC75139-F.jpg

    taydev wrote: »

    Men have impossibly high fantasy-like standards for women and zero for men, which is why the male paralifer(?) looks just fine of course, but the female is “ugly”. Geez. They look like regular folks and every feature that was harshly criticized is what you see on regular folks lol.

    But I’m not saying the female is “ugly”. Or am I missing something? 🤔
    It’s just that compared to lovely looking Average Mags, the dudes come across as male modelish and stylish….they both have a similar physique and look almost like fashion drawing mannequins. Whereas Maggie looks like…Maggie the nice girl from down the road.

    A lot of you are saying that the guys look average too…do they really though?

    I suppose I’m such a hideous guy - compared to me all men look like male models. 😝

    My reply was to Cinebar, who literally said the women were ugly, needed lots of work, and criticized features real women naturally have that are perfectly normal. I didn’t even read your comment so… *shrugs*

    You did not read the very comment that you quoted?


    Stop wasting my time. Thank you.

    Actually I reread my quotes now and my first was in disagreement with Cinebar and agreement with yours. You misunderstood and perhaps I wasn’t clear that I was agreeing with you that Maggie looks just fine.

    In the Unity Engine you can import any character into the game engine and then begin to design the UI and other things and customize that character to be used in the actual game you want to build. It's my opinion these characters have been imported into the game engine and aren't designed from nothing. I may be very wrong but it's why they look strangely out of sync with the male counter parts. And I agree with some who say they look like male models, yes, they do....and the black guy looks like a TS2 Sims' box art Sim....and the latest female (not Maggie) looks like a male character (hair and all) from The Sims Medieval Game Bin, just tweaked a lot to not look as familar.....so there's a lot of familiarity I'm looking at.

    But what do I know, maybe they actually built them from nothing, maybe not. They don't show patrons how they are using that engine or it's assets.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 213 Member
    Lots of promises. And yes I know, 5 years from now people keep saying "The game is still at very beginning in development..."

    Happy if I am proved wrong tho.

    Yes, I too will be happy if you (and myself) are proved wrong, but I think Paralives is never going to happen. They promise it will have every single thing the Sims 4 doesn't, and now they have a Patreon, really?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,637 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Lots of promises. And yes I know, 5 years from now people keep saying "The game is still at very beginning in development..."

    Happy if I am proved wrong tho.

    Yes, I too will be happy if you (and myself) are proved wrong, but I think Paralives is never going to happen. They promise it will have every single thing the Sims 4 doesn't, and now they have a Patreon, really?

    ...They've had a Patreon since it was announced in 2019
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,248 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Lots of promises. And yes I know, 5 years from now people keep saying "The game is still at very beginning in development..."

    Happy if I am proved wrong tho.

    Yes, I too will be happy if you (and myself) are proved wrong, but I think Paralives is never going to happen. They promise it will have every single thing the Sims 4 doesn't, and now they have a Patreon, really?

    ...They've had a Patreon since it was announced in 2019

    Yeah the devs have to eat somehow right? I mean they got CA$46,402.56 per month. And they just got a new office I hear recently but I guess because of the new lockdown they're go back to working from home. So there's rent and eletricity for that.
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,637 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    MadameLee wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Lots of promises. And yes I know, 5 years from now people keep saying "The game is still at very beginning in development..."

    Happy if I am proved wrong tho.

    Yes, I too will be happy if you (and myself) are proved wrong, but I think Paralives is never going to happen. They promise it will have every single thing the Sims 4 doesn't, and now they have a Patreon, really?

    ...They've had a Patreon since it was announced in 2019

    Yeah the devs have to eat somehow right? I mean they got CA$46,402.56 per month. And they just got a new office I hear recently but I guess because of the new lockdown they're go back to working from home. So there's rent and eletricity for that.

    Yeah, it sucks that we backslide occasionally with the pandemic, but hopefully this will be the last one
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • micchonmicchon Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I hope it gets released sooner, but then I don't want them to rush their work and present a crappy game like how the TS4 base game came out. They look really promising and I'm really looking forward to the game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Cinebar wrote: »

    But their 'Maggie' also has bushy eyebrows I would tweeze. She also has a pooch belly and Donald Duck rear end. With a weird stance position. And big hipbones that look like they might stick out too much in her clothes if she were to wear 'bike shorts'. She also has giant knee caps as well. I don't know, I haven't seen an actual female body that is attractive in Paralives, yet. She also has a big bulb tip end nose, and that weird body blush. Maggie also has shoulders that look like they were created for a linebacker. So, yeah, I'm standing by what I said, the females are some ugly women and they stand in a weird way with their rear ends sticking out like Donald Duck, and they both have that pooch belly that looks like they might need to empty their bladders. First impressions matter.

    Maggie bushy eyebrows?! Get outta here! The poor girl will have nothing left if you go tweezing those things. What’s this deal with women wanting to tweeze eyebrows all the time? Leave those things alone! 😂🤣

    And her so called “duck butt” is lovely. It’s Mag’s butt. She didn’t create it herself. Leave her butt alone too!

    Re: “pooch” belly, you see, maybe they didn’t build functional toilets for the game yet. She has nowhere to empty the bladder. But then again, Maggie’s belly looks fine. It’s just a little belly. It’s a Maggie belly!

    She looks like the concept of a real girl. In all fairness now she looks like at least 50 or more girls I know IRL…
    Isn’t that the whole purpose of Paralives going all inclusive? Curved walls and curvy figures?

    I believe that the only reason the dudes resemble fancy smanchy male models is because this game is probably aimed at lovely young ladies who look like Maggie. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    LOL I agree that is funny especially considering many of the old men they look up to are married and have affairs with young trophy wives with the as the kids put it thicc butts and duck lip pose look and a little belly like that. Poor Dolly Parton would get offended by those comments said about her too. The South is full of curvy women with the Southern cooking of fried chicken. Then again I know more than fifty men and fifty women too so helps knowing what real people look like especially when people watching Wal-Mart. There are those new Tik-Tok legging people are wearing too which are like spandex for the butt so pushes all the curves from the legs up to the behind like how corsets would push belly curves up with the saloon girls in Westerns. I like my bushy eyebrows and big butt.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    Other
    Don't like the graphics of paralives and have no intention of playing a game where people can sexualy harass me whenever they feel like it. I don't consider that fun game play.So if Sims 5 is a mmo and they stick with it I really will quit the sims
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,250 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Scobre wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    But their 'Maggie' also has bushy eyebrows I would tweeze. She also has a pooch belly and Donald Duck rear end. With a weird stance position. And big hipbones that look like they might stick out too much in her clothes if she were to wear 'bike shorts'. She also has giant knee caps as well. I don't know, I haven't seen an actual female body that is attractive in Paralives, yet. She also has a big bulb tip end nose, and that weird body blush. Maggie also has shoulders that look like they were created for a linebacker. So, yeah, I'm standing by what I said, the females are some ugly women and they stand in a weird way with their rear ends sticking out like Donald Duck, and they both have that pooch belly that looks like they might need to empty their bladders. First impressions matter.

    Maggie bushy eyebrows?! Get outta here! The poor girl will have nothing left if you go tweezing those things. What’s this deal with women wanting to tweeze eyebrows all the time? Leave those things alone! 😂🤣

    And her so called “duck butt” is lovely. It’s Mag’s butt. She didn’t create it herself. Leave her butt alone too!

    Re: “pooch” belly, you see, maybe they didn’t build functional toilets for the game yet. She has nowhere to empty the bladder. But then again, Maggie’s belly looks fine. It’s just a little belly. It’s a Maggie belly!

    She looks like the concept of a real girl. In all fairness now she looks like at least 50 or more girls I know IRL…
    Isn’t that the whole purpose of Paralives going all inclusive? Curved walls and curvy figures?

    I believe that the only reason the dudes resemble fancy smanchy male models is because this game is probably aimed at lovely young ladies who look like Maggie. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    LOL I agree that is funny especially considering many of the old men they look up to are married and have affairs with young trophy wives with the as the kids put it thicc butts and duck lip pose look and a little belly like that. Poor Dolly Parton would get offended by those comments said about her too. The South is full of curvy women with the Southern cooking of fried chicken. Then again I know more than fifty men and fifty women too so helps knowing what real people look like especially when people watching Wal-Mart. There are those new Tik-Tok legging people are wearing too which are like spandex for the butt so pushes all the curves from the legs up to the behind like how corsets would push belly curves up with the saloon girls in Westerns. I like my bushy eyebrows and big butt.

    Who looks up to old men that are married and have affairs with young trophy wives? I don't understand this statement. Do you mean they have affairs with other men's trophy wives? Please don't derail this thread.

    I drew attention to the latest creation at the time I posted because they made her not as good looking as the male counterparts. Why is that?

    And if anyone thinks people don't idealize pretty 'characters' then just take a look at the gallery......filled with nothing but pretty Sims. The number one reason people say they love TS4's CAS is because they can 'make pretty Sims'. It was an observation, and yes, all beauty is subjective. There is no need to defend Paralives (the game) at this point because frankly it doesn't actually exist yet. And these characters are just 2D/3D models, and not even in a game nor may not be when all is said and done. But if this is an actual body frame they plan on putting into the game, I'm going to have a problem with the hip bones sticking out too much and possibly not having any way to make those narrower (strictly speaking of the body frame). If this is a default frame for women in their game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,250 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Lots of promises. And yes I know, 5 years from now people keep saying "The game is still at very beginning in development..."

    Happy if I am proved wrong tho.

    Yes, I too will be happy if you (and myself) are proved wrong, but I think Paralives is never going to happen. They promise it will have every single thing the Sims 4 doesn't, and now they have a Patreon, really?

    ...They've had a Patreon since it was announced in 2019

    Yeah the devs have to eat somehow right? I mean they got CA$46,402.56 per month. And they just got a new office I hear recently but I guess because of the new lockdown they're go back to working from home. So there's rent and eletricity for that.

    The new office was a secret, please don't leak unless they said it was ok to announce something.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    But their 'Maggie' also has bushy eyebrows I would tweeze. She also has a pooch belly and Donald Duck rear end. With a weird stance position. And big hipbones that look like they might stick out too much in her clothes if she were to wear 'bike shorts'. She also has giant knee caps as well. I don't know, I haven't seen an actual female body that is attractive in Paralives, yet. She also has a big bulb tip end nose, and that weird body blush. Maggie also has shoulders that look like they were created for a linebacker. So, yeah, I'm standing by what I said, the females are some ugly women and they stand in a weird way with their rear ends sticking out like Donald Duck, and they both have that pooch belly that looks like they might need to empty their bladders. First impressions matter.

    Maggie bushy eyebrows?! Get outta here! The poor girl will have nothing left if you go tweezing those things. What’s this deal with women wanting to tweeze eyebrows all the time? Leave those things alone! 😂🤣

    And her so called “duck butt” is lovely. It’s Mag’s butt. She didn’t create it herself. Leave her butt alone too!

    Re: “pooch” belly, you see, maybe they didn’t build functional toilets for the game yet. She has nowhere to empty the bladder. But then again, Maggie’s belly looks fine. It’s just a little belly. It’s a Maggie belly!

    She looks like the concept of a real girl. In all fairness now she looks like at least 50 or more girls I know IRL…
    Isn’t that the whole purpose of Paralives going all inclusive? Curved walls and curvy figures?

    I believe that the only reason the dudes resemble fancy smanchy male models is because this game is probably aimed at lovely young ladies who look like Maggie. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    LOL I agree that is funny especially considering many of the old men they look up to are married and have affairs with young trophy wives with the as the kids put it thicc butts and duck lip pose look and a little belly like that. Poor Dolly Parton would get offended by those comments said about her too. The South is full of curvy women with the Southern cooking of fried chicken. Then again I know more than fifty men and fifty women too so helps knowing what real people look like especially when people watching Wal-Mart. There are those new Tik-Tok legging people are wearing too which are like spandex for the butt so pushes all the curves from the legs up to the behind like how corsets would push belly curves up with the saloon girls in Westerns. I like my bushy eyebrows and big butt.

    Who looks up to old men that are married and have affairs with young trophy wives? I don't understand this statement. Do you mean they have affairs with other men's trophy wives? Please don't derail this thread.

    I drew attention to the latest creation at the time I posted because they made her not as good looking as the male counterparts. Why is that?

    And if anyone thinks people don't idealize pretty 'characters' then just take a look at the gallery......filled with nothing but pretty Sims. The number one reason people say they love TS4's CAS is because they can 'make pretty Sims'. It was an observation, and yes, all beauty is subjective. There is no need to defend Paralives (the game) at this point because frankly it doesn't actually exist yet. And these characters are just 2D/3D models, and not even in a game nor may not be when all is said and done. But if this is an actual body frame they plan on putting into the game, I'm going to have a problem with the hip bones sticking out too much and possibly not having any way to make those narrower (strictly speaking of the body frame). If this is a default frame for women in their game.
    Well since you asked you do and I didn't say have affairs with other trophy wives to clarify. I said your idolized men that marry young women with curves and have affairs with young women with curves based on their looks. It is what men of your generation are attracted to while women prefer the no curves look which as you verified your friends are all women. My real life friends who are happily married with kids have curves and win the heart of their men with food every day. Both friends of either gender don't have the idolized pretty look because they are real people just trying to survive this system of things. You basically described Melania and Lisa Marie Presley and Katy Perry. So no I prefer the look of real women that eat food over fake ones who Photoshop their pictures and are very hangry. I hope they do put real women in the game then because if graphics are the only thing that matters to you when it comes to games apparently. Gameplay and build mode matter to me most although I am always for representing real women so yes I do plan on buying Paralives because it gives a positive message and not one based off of jealousy of other people's wives with how those women look. I tend to make my own Sims anyways over the pretty Sims you prefer on the Gallery. I am attracted to Sebastian because that is my preference, so nice that they make characters that look like real people that fulfill sexual preferences.

    Those Sims posted in Gallery tend to be posted by women anyways. Exactly @marystarbright. See you get it why I won't be playing the Sims MMO. Bad enough women get sexually harassed as it is on forums on their body types.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,483 Member
    Other
    Scobre wrote: »
    My real life friends who are happily married with kids have curves and win the heart of their men with food every day.
    Curves or not, anyone or anything could win the hearts of men* with food.

    *
    speaking for myself. 😇
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Scobre wrote: »
    My real life friends who are happily married with kids have curves and win the heart of their men with food every day.
    Curves or not, anyone or anything could win the hearts of men* with food.

    *
    speaking for myself. 😇
    Awe that is sweet and yep that is what they say reaches the heart of men is good food.

    Why I don't idolize the female Sims our LGBT Simmers create because they have their sexual preferences towards that look which is something I noticed when the hijab came out is how many female Simmers came out of the closet with their preferences towards women with a certain look as showcased in the Gallery. For me I prefer downloading cute male Sims over female Sims with less clothes because my preference is different. I love your alien female for planet man cave too. It is so good and I would probably download her off of the gallery. I had such a good time storytelling with you that day with the planets man cave and she shed. I am glad my sister was able to give birth naturally to two beautiful boys and my sister in law to a boy and a girl. So proud of my family and all the yummy food we create together. There are two pregnant women at work with pregnant bellies and their hips are widening for the birth. There is just something so beautiful about seeing families grow together.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,250 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Scobre wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    But their 'Maggie' also has bushy eyebrows I would tweeze. She also has a pooch belly and Donald Duck rear end. With a weird stance position. And big hipbones that look like they might stick out too much in her clothes if she were to wear 'bike shorts'. She also has giant knee caps as well. I don't know, I haven't seen an actual female body that is attractive in Paralives, yet. She also has a big bulb tip end nose, and that weird body blush. Maggie also has shoulders that look like they were created for a linebacker. So, yeah, I'm standing by what I said, the females are some ugly women and they stand in a weird way with their rear ends sticking out like Donald Duck, and they both have that pooch belly that looks like they might need to empty their bladders. First impressions matter.

    Maggie bushy eyebrows?! Get outta here! The poor girl will have nothing left if you go tweezing those things. What’s this deal with women wanting to tweeze eyebrows all the time? Leave those things alone! 😂🤣

    And her so called “duck butt” is lovely. It’s Mag’s butt. She didn’t create it herself. Leave her butt alone too!

    Re: “pooch” belly, you see, maybe they didn’t build functional toilets for the game yet. She has nowhere to empty the bladder. But then again, Maggie’s belly looks fine. It’s just a little belly. It’s a Maggie belly!

    She looks like the concept of a real girl. In all fairness now she looks like at least 50 or more girls I know IRL…
    Isn’t that the whole purpose of Paralives going all inclusive? Curved walls and curvy figures?

    I believe that the only reason the dudes resemble fancy smanchy male models is because this game is probably aimed at lovely young ladies who look like Maggie. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    LOL I agree that is funny especially considering many of the old men they look up to are married and have affairs with young trophy wives with the as the kids put it thicc butts and duck lip pose look and a little belly like that. Poor Dolly Parton would get offended by those comments said about her too. The South is full of curvy women with the Southern cooking of fried chicken. Then again I know more than fifty men and fifty women too so helps knowing what real people look like especially when people watching Wal-Mart. There are those new Tik-Tok legging people are wearing too which are like spandex for the butt so pushes all the curves from the legs up to the behind like how corsets would push belly curves up with the saloon girls in Westerns. I like my bushy eyebrows and big butt.

    Who looks up to old men that are married and have affairs with young trophy wives? I don't understand this statement. Do you mean they have affairs with other men's trophy wives? Please don't derail this thread.

    I drew attention to the latest creation at the time I posted because they made her not as good looking as the male counterparts. Why is that?

    And if anyone thinks people don't idealize pretty 'characters' then just take a look at the gallery......filled with nothing but pretty Sims. The number one reason people say they love TS4's CAS is because they can 'make pretty Sims'. It was an observation, and yes, all beauty is subjective. There is no need to defend Paralives (the game) at this point because frankly it doesn't actually exist yet. And these characters are just 2D/3D models, and not even in a game nor may not be when all is said and done. But if this is an actual body frame they plan on putting into the game, I'm going to have a problem with the hip bones sticking out too much and possibly not having any way to make those narrower (strictly speaking of the body frame). If this is a default frame for women in their game.

    Well since you asked you do and I didn't say have affairs with other trophy wives to clarify. I said your idolized men that marry young women with curves and have affairs with young women with curves based on their looks. It is what men of your generation are attracted to while women prefer the no curves look which as you verified your friends are all women. My real life friends who are happily married with kids have curves and win the heart of their men with food every day. Both friends of either gender don't have the idolized pretty look because they are real people just trying to survive this system of things. You basically described Melania and Lisa Marie Presley and Katy Perry. So no I prefer the look of real women that eat food over fake ones who Photoshop their pictures and are very hangry. I hope they do put real women in the game then because if graphics are the only thing that matters to you when it comes to games apparently. Gameplay and build mode matter to me most although I am always for representing real women so yes I do plan on buying Paralives because it gives a positive message and not one based off of jealousy of other people's wives with how those women look. I tend to make my own Sims anyways over the pretty Sims you prefer on the Gallery. I am attracted to Sebastian because that is my preference, so nice that they make characters that look like real people that fulfill sexual preferences.

    Those Sims posted in Gallery tend to be posted by women anyways. Exactly @marystarbright. See you get it why I won't be playing the Sims MMO. Bad enough women get sexually harassed as it is on forums on their body types.

    Scorbe why do you come into threads and always personally attact me? Where do you get these ideas about me that you have recently and in the past posted about me in other threads? I don't know you, have never known you, have never talked to you personally, and yet you continually make up stuff about me. For instance the statement you just made that all my friends are females? really? Exactly when and where have I ever verified all my friends are females, that's so far out there that I can't fathom where you get these made up ideas from.

    You constantly miss the point of a conversation. The point is if this is a default body frame such as one of the body frames in TS4 that generates a male Sim with those wide hips (there have been hundreds of complaints about the hip bone, thigh bone (frame, not body fat) about one of TS4's male generated townies that I saw this as being the same problem in Paralives if this indeed is the default body frame.

    I'm asking you to leave the thread because once you show up things gets closed and or you cast aspersions on me and others when we don't know you at all. Because here you go again, saying things like how I prefer the pretty Sims on the gallery....when it has been me who has stated many times I want to see some un appealing Sims on the gallery for once, said it many times in the last seven years....You really are something. Thanks for derailing this thread and probably causing it to be closed. Thanks since you get that done every time you come into any of my threads. I feel sorry for you because you really have some issues since I see to be your constant punching bag.

    I want to thank everyone else who participated in this poll. You have offered up some interesting opinions which I always respect others opinions. Whether we ever see Paralives (I doubt it) and or if we find out TS5 is indeed some sort of MMO or Co op game...I thank all of you for expressing your true opinions about anything you wanted to say about either game. I'm a firm believer that one should be free to express your true feelings about either game, and for that I thank you for participating in this thread and poll. I assume it will be closed now. It never fails.

    ETA: But before I leave today, Everyone go over to Steam and watch the full Paramaker video on their site! It's so much more than what they have shown on Twitter and or FB. For the first time we see Eli (male child)! I really love Marvin and I really love their Paramaker though I'm not thrilled by the big thigh bone for the default female body frame. But what they don't show yet, is teeth! Teeth is in the choices of the Paramaker..so maybe we get to see how those are supposed to look in game...they all remind me (especially the males) of TS1 Sims, which I still adore.

    And I will just leave this thought here...please, please be real! I would love a new game. I really like the PAM. just so they know. lol
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,220 Member
    Other
    Meh, the more I learn about this game the more "meh" I feel about it. At this point its art style would pretty much have to turn into something entirely different for me to have any active interest in playing it someday.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 4
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Well the time has come what many have been waiting for...

    Current Status - January 2022 (soon!)
    - Improving the Paramaker, adding more features and fixing bugs
    - Adding body and face shapes for the adult human model
    - Designing and implementing the animation system and its mod support
    - Creating more character animations
    - Working on the musical direction and soundtrack of the game
    - Brainstorming and designing different aspects of the game

    Looks like Paramaker is being cleaned up and the work for live mode begins.

    You do know this is what they have said every month and posted every month since before 2021 don't you? I had screen shots to prove it month after month but recently deleted them because I needed to clean up my pc.
    Well I'm not really seeing what you say your seeing last year list alone I see what they say they have worked as they showed the masterpiece Paramaker and a 11 minute build mode video.



    Now you say they have claimed to work on live mode prior to 2021 here's what I see no need to save it on a folder it's all on their website one of these were worked on June 2020 the day and night cycle and October 2020 they said they made some basic live mode animations which we got to see the animations like Sebastion taking his shoes off when entering the house, they never claimed anything more prior to this.

    - New live mode feature: day and night cycle changing with seasons (we have seen this it looked so nice)
    - Live mode: created some new basic animations
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 5
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I never buy games "as soon as they are released". Especially in today's gaming industry which has a pattern of releasing games unfinished. It's been funny how many games I have bought a year later and got a way better experience than those who bought it at launch because back then they were full of glitches, missing features, broken promises, etc. Meanwhile I actually got the full polished package and payed less for it too. Works for me. If I were to play TS5/Paralives I'd most likely start only year(s) later.

    Anyhow, aside from that the big thing with Paralives/TS5 is going to be their actual gameplay features and what the direction of TS5 is going to be. Let's just say that the rumors (and my personal predictions knowing how EA operates) have made me very skeptical about the future of the Sims. Focus on online play would most definitely make me ditch the series and just keep playing the previous tittles. Paralives could then be a very welcome alternative but it all boils down to its' actual content, especially the gameplay for I'm not a builder at all and my main interest is with the characters and their virtual lives.

    I do think it's great that there's some actual competition now (that's one thing the Sims series needs) and that it could be a really good one too. I'm not holding my breath however and will just wait and see.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 12,423 Member
    edited January 11
    Other
    As long as the new games don't allow to play to tug-of-war, red light/green light and marbles there will be no reason to buy them :p .
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 23,997 Member
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
    She/Her
    #KCC 💛🏈
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top