May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

14567810...Next

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,731 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

Thanks for posting that video it was interesting/looks good and made me go look for further information however I did have one question that i cannot find the answer to and that is will all other mods still work if I add this open world? There is also a beta version for download and am wondering if you tried it yet?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

Thanks for posting that video it was interesting/looks good and made me go look for further information however I did have one question that i cannot find the answer to and that is will all other mods still work if I add this open world? There is also a beta version for download and am wondering if you tried it yet?

I haven't tried it as I'm not at the $5 level on his Patreon. It looks really good though so I might be tempted to support him for that. He's also doing a Farming mod!!! Really, Arnie is doing the Lord's work!

I don't know if it will work with the other mods, but I think it would. I would start with simple mods and see if they work with Arnie's mod and then try it with the MCCC mod.

Here's an "About Brookheights" webpage on what it is, what it has and what it's requirements are: Brookheights - An Open World

Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

Screenshot-186.jpg

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,731 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy

Lol I agree with your sentiments! :) After reading more info I might be prepared to support the work if I can use all the mods I currently use and find if I can add gallery lots/sims to the world as well.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 118 Member
    Other
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

I haven't tried it as I'm not at the $5 level on his Patreon. It looks really good though so I might be tempted to support him for that. He's also doing a Farming mod!!! Really, Arnie is doing the Lord's work!

I don't know if it will work with the other mods, but I think it would. I would start with simple mods and see if they work with Arnie's mod and then try it with the MCCC mod.

Here's an "About Brookheights" webpage on what it is, what it has and what it's requirements are: Brookheights - An Open World

I'm going with "I'll believe it when I see it" on this one. But if it turns out that he can make what he's describing work, then I will have lost all respect for Maxis. They should just close shop, and EA should outsource development of the next game to someone else -- maybe him.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

I'm going with "I'll believe it when I see it" on this one. But if it turns out that he can make what he's describing work, then I will have lost all respect for Maxis. They should just close shop, and EA should outsource development of the next game to someone else -- maybe him.

They really should just sell the franchise and the game studio to someone who cares about the game and its fans. It's sad what they've done to the game and to Maxis. I looked at the old reveal events of past iterations and the devs at Maxis were so happy! Now, it's like they're putting on a happy face but not really feeling it....

Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

Screenshot-186.jpg

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 406 Member
    Paralives is already in my steam wishlist and I'll get it for sure. I need a new experience! The Sims franchise seems that will take a path that I don't recognize anymore and I'm constantly losing interest. TS5 can actually be even worse than 4 and if that happens It will be so great to "start over again" with a fresh new thing and pretend that 4 and 5 never existed. TS1, 2 and 3 will forever be in my heart.
  • Jessims4Jessims4 Posts: 16 Member
    Other
    Honestly, I have no interest in Paralives or any of the other life simulators currently in development. Partly because I don't care for the graphic style that they are using.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,902 Member
    Other
    I don't plan on buying either, I'm enjoying The Sims 4 and I don't need another game to spend money on.
    tumblr_n1yxrjxXD81toamj8o1_500.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 20,746 Member
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
    Other

Looks like more building video. They've already convinced me on that dimension. It's about time now to start seeing some gameplay video, because that's where the game will either succeed or fail.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,416 Member
    Other
    Judging from all the packs I've seen over the years we'll get cars when Maxis wants to give us them. as per the Country LIving expansion coming out with a farming vibe. They've had it all planned out for years' ahead despite petitions etc.
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 855 Member
    Other
    I hate the cartoony look of TS4 sims, and Paralives isn't exactly improving things from the looks of it....

The customization of the actual items you build with in Paralives though. 😮😀

But with how EA just ignores bugs and let's the modding community sort things out, I'm ready to give any one else my money for this style of game.

But, I'll probably try both. Lol.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 375 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'll get the base game for both. I'm not touching any DLC for Sims 5 unless they step up their game for occult content, 'cuz Sims 4 has let me down too much there. But I do want at least the base game for it, since it is going to have online multi-player stuff, there will probably be events to collect rewards for, so I think those would be fun for me at least.

For Paralives, I want to support the fact that another game in my favorite genre is coming out. For so long it's only been the Sims, so I'll be buying at least the base game just for that fact. Whether or not I get DLC for it whenever they get around to releasing that, will depend on how impressed by the game I am.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 20,746 Member
    edited June 12
    I plan to buy both.
    Builders gonna go crazy with this. 😂

Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
    edited 4:14AM
    Other

That looks really, really cool. Building in the TS series has never remotely approached that, and I think doing so would require not just a new engine, but a new approach to building an engine.

I still want to see gameplay. "Pre-alpha" suggests it's still a while off.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 115 Member

It looks amazing! Has me worried about the live mode though. It will be tough to do pathfinding and proper animations for things like the chairs that are just put to the table at any angle. I really hope it will all come through and I can't wait to play this game.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head