Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Pre-teen kit?

Comments

• TrillianAstra042TrillianAstra042 Posts: 25 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No. I think deepening the experience of the existing life stages is a better idea. A teen kit could be really fun though because I feel like teens are still lacking a proper range of identities and interests.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Sorry a no from me. To me children are pre teen. Maybe a kit for teens would be nice. Or a free the baby kit I could go for.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • VivarantVivarant Posts: 43 Member
    Could be interesting. I think kits are a great idea I'm curious to see what's coming next
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited March 2021
    Where's the no option?
    I wouldn't like preteen kit cause i dont like the whole idea of preteens

I've never felt like there was such lifestage as preteen even irl and hence i dont see any reason to have it in my game

but then again all the more if they want to add that put it in kit so i can simply ignore it and not get it

i mean i dont mind teens being improved to being more like teens but this whole tween thing just doesnt exist for me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    I didn't notice that it said "Kit" when I voted. I would not want a new life stage in a kit. Maybe in an expansion though.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No. First, I do not really see the need for a preteen life stage. Second, I do not think that another life stage should be introduced when most of the life stages that we already have are lacking and could use improvement. Finally, I do not like kits, and the fact that Sims 4 content is being spliced further into a fourth type of overpriced DLC.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Justine Keaton
    No, no I would not---no family play in my game
  • FungieFungie Posts: 17 Member
    Yes
    Yes, its weird how they go from being a child to being a person who looks 18 and to me the teens in the game grow up and look exactly like young adults and are the same size as their parents, its kinda weird watching ur teen grow up into an adult and seeing no changes lol
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I’d like to see them. No, not right now. There are more important and outstanding issues that need to be addressed first.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited March 2021
    Where's the no option?
    No.
    We already have a fair bit of stuff for them, preteens are children.
    But, perhaps you were meaning Tweens, which is what a child who is double figures, but not yet a teen, is known as in some English speaking countries. But it is only due to the way the language associated with numbers works.

In which case, also: No. I have no desire to have more kid related stuff. And I'm fine with lumping 11 and 12 year olds with teens.

Oh, and kits? Rubbish. Too little content, for too much money.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Absolutely not, I'd much rather they focus on making the already existing life-stages different form one another. Teens and Children are in dire need of things to do and make them different, especially going from Teen to Young Adult like there is literally nothing distinguishing them.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Justine Keaton
    1. I wouldn't like any kit. $5 is too much for what's included.
    2. If they introduce an entire life stage, it should be for everyone. It would kind of be a big thing.
    3. They aged children up so that they're more or less pre-teens now, so I don't see a need.
    4. Justine Keaton!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    If it keeps an extra life stage out of my game and provides it for those who want it then bring it on.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Colton147147 Maybe, what would be the time of things it would include in your mind?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I think any new life stages should be in a free patch to be honest.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No. Should a lifestage not be in the base game?
    Maybe, if they ever add pre-teens, they could make a pre-teen fashion kit.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Fungie wrote: »
    Yes, its weird how they go from being a child to being a person who looks 18 and to me the teens in the game grow up and look exactly like young adults and are the same size as their parents

I totally agree. Also, this just happened in my RL home, like last week.

gen3-banner.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I wouldn't mind pre-teens being added to the game, but they should be a free patch. In my opinion, life stages should NEVER be DLC!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I'd rather have Justine Keaton than preteens.

I just think they'd be useless in the game. There's no real gameplay for them that couldn't be added to children or teens.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    I wouldn't mind pre-teens being added to the game, but they should be a free patch. In my opinion, life stages should NEVER be DLC!

young adult was in sims 2
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Justine Keaton

young adult was in sims 2

It was, and unfortunately you could only play as one while at university. They corrected that in Sims 3 and I am very thankful, as it is one of my favorite life stages.
  • SimThoughts96SimThoughts96 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    > @NightwalkerArkanis said:
    > I want the pre-teen to become the new teen.
    >
    > - The current "teen" becomes the young adult.
    > - The young adult becomes the adult.
    > - The adult gets changed to older adult (with some greying hairs beginning to show).
    > - The elder gets a small overhaul.
    >
    > Oh yeah, kits... oops.

You just read my mind...
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I'd want to know more information before I say yes or no. And would definitely prefer it just be added to the base game instead of having to purchase it especially.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I'm kind of torn here - mostly because I want kids to be able to do things they can't currently in their current life stage, like help in the garden more. Not without mods anyway. So for those things a preteen or tween stage would be nice. On the other hand, I don't really feel like we need more life stages, but that's me - we have the basics. But if they were added, I may love them and want them for all other Sims games. *shrug* And yes, all of the life stages need way more content. How is it that we have more DLC and free patches than ever before, yet Sims 4 still has less than Sims 2 did? Can't compare to Sims 3, as I never played it - those pudding faces... *shudder*
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Justine Keaton
    If they do make preteens I would prefer it to be in a kit so I don’t have to deal with it.