Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Pre-teen kit?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a kit where you buy an additional life stage. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Would you like a Pre-teen kit? 161 votes

Yes
37%
crocobauraMstybl95GalacticGalelanorbretonkokoro80DevSims91goodcakebaker62JoppiksAmj1995ToriegreydonnKatiardguezKulthero777NeashaleighSPARKY1922SailorCetipammiechickPaulmarch76drakharisChadSims2 60 votes
Yes
2%
AlexaiSummerStreakSimzilla_7birdonawire 4 votes
Justine Keaton
18%
Sara1010PPlayerSinger2010Isb917MeteoraStormStrangerthancchant86zagboorulesAncientMusexXPandoraXxduhboy2u2phantasmkissTeeSeanotasmokealarm09elelunicyBabykittyjadeSelinaKylesCAPTAIN_NXR7snoepjes1210QueenMercyColton147147 29 votes
Where's the no option?
42%
BluegayleSamadamsPlayergrevilliablueJueJuelisamwittapplefeather2TheSpotted_Csimm621Moon_Willowalejandro15039alanmichael1BluelletallcoolonecatloverplayerYautjagirlLustianiciaSimChic1RamblineRoseKhrisstynepapertongue 68 votes

Comments

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes
    Yes, i would love to see pre-teens in the game.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I wouldn't mind pre-teens, but they should be added to the base game.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. I don’t think it will ever happen though.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I would not necessarily mind it, but I have never really wanted the preteen age. The child age fits it well enough in my perspective. I just want more stuff for kids and teens to be able to actually do some kid stuff so they overlap better instead of being slightly limited YAs.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I don't really love the kits, and don't really care about the preteen stage of life (bad memories lol) 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes
    Yes, preteens should really be a separate life stage in my opinion. I would love this.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I don't need pre teens. I don't even know a word for this in between age in my own language so in my mind childhood is followed by being a teen. I would prefer for the existing toddlers, children and teens to be more developed and get more attention in packs. Of course I wouldn't mind if they were added. I just don't need them personally.

However if they are ever implemented, I think it requires a bigger type of pack. Kits are fairly new and we don't fully know yet what they can do, but I doubt they have enough resources to add a new life stage and all the changes in coding throughout the game.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    Yes, there are about 3 stages I would like to see added after they give us real babies. Pre-teen is one of them. I would think that preteens would be adddd in the base game though, and stuff for them could be added in kits and stuff packs. I could see stuff for freed babies in kits and stuff packs too.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2021
    Where's the no option?
    I'd rather they focus on the life stages that are in the game. My teens, kids, toddlers and babies need more to do, more interactions with each other, and more venues for them.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Where's the no option?
    While this would definitely be cool for some Sims players, I would rather not have any more life stages added to the game. I like the ones that are there already! I usually tend to focus on Young Adults for the most part, so it really wouldn't be useful for me personally. I also think that there aren't enough interactions available for the life stages we already have, so I feel like that should be focused on before thinking about more life stages.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited March 2021
    Justine Keaton
    I don't think there is enough budget in a kit for that.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Id rather they make the existing stages more distinguishable both in looks (from teen up) and unique things to do/interactions....
    dont really need another halfbaked stage inbetween.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    I want the pre-teen to become the new teen.

- The current "teen" becomes the young adult.
    - The young adult becomes the adult.
    - The adult gets changed to older adult (with some greying hairs beginning to show).
    - The elder gets a small overhaul.

Oh yeah, kits... oops.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Where's the no option?
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Id rather they make the existing stages more distinguishable both in looks (from teen up) and unique things to do/interactions....
    dont really need another halfbaked stage inbetween.

Took the words right out of my mouth lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes
    I would prefer it in the Base. However, if it can't be possible then I wouldn't mind a Tween kit, a Height Slider kit,
    a Middle-Ager (ages 45-59) kit & a Seniors (ages 60-79) kit.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I wouldn't like to have life divided in more stages... What i would like is to have the lifestages we already have fleshed out.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    Where's the no option?
    Generations has already been split up into 4 packs, no more. Anything else on that theme should be part of a full EP.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I would love that, but it seems too lofty for a kit. I'm among the crowd who would love more life stages, especially in the younger years. But Justine always gets my vote lol
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yes
    Yes but mainly because I am content hog. Nothing is ever too much I will always find some use for it :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I want preteens, but not as a kit. They need a gamepack, maybe free update.

As older children that can carry more responsibility and maybe also experience first crushes (please on crazy stuff like the news narrator on TV!) they would have to come with objects half of which they share with children and half with teens. F.e. they could play with the construction blocks from Parenthood like children and would add a new construction kit that only preteens and teens could use, but not children. Also more experiments at the science table for preteens, but none for teens.
    In any case, they'd be too extensive for a kit.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes
    Yes I would pay for a preteen kit but I also want teens to have their own height patched to the base game... Without the game exploding.

I would pay for an extra life state/age but the ones already in game need a base game update.

Though honestly a part of me wants the sims 4 to end and have teens with their own height and preteens in the Sims 5 when we get there.

I actually wouldn’t mind the sims 4 ending in a year and then waiting a few more years to get the Sims 5... Maxis/EA whoever needs to make the Sims 5 blow our minds and at this rate they are going to need all the time in the world.

(But if we are playing sims 4 for another ten years then teens sims having their own height patched into the game is a must have and as for a preteen kit I would gladly pay for them.)
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hey, marketing department, you know what? No, I'd like to see them fix the existing bugs in the game. I mean this site must be heavily moderated and full of bot accounts or something because how are these issues not front page 24-7 ????

*Stairs to upper levels in all the premade building DO NOT WORK.

*Sims are repeatedly cooking before finally getting a quick meal. Even if the refrigerator is full of left overs. And if you have multiple sims this issue just gets out of hand because there are plates of food all over the counters so the next sim looking for something to eat prepares the food anywhere in the house with counter space. Like, the bathroom. ew

*The garden - Plants randomly despawn to a dirt clump. If you're growing things that take 4-5 days to grow this issue gets really aggravating.

*Still getting stuck in rooms in Sulani. Still getting stuck in rooms in Sulani. Still...

*When clicking the Hygiene button and there's a drink left somewhere on the lot the sims will go get the drink and drink it. Hygiene=/=Drink. I'm not even a white girl and I can't even.

*This one is my favorite: When you get a random visitor to your home and your currently played sim is talking with another sim/sims. Not sure how they messed this up so badly.

Clicking the sims at the front door and selecting "Invite In".

This is what should happen - Your sim stops talking to the sims they are currently visiting with, walks to the front door and invites them in.

This is what happens - The sim at the front door walks into the house and approaches your sim. Your sim then asks them if they want to come in (my head hurts already). Then your sim and the sim/sims your sim was talking to walks all the way to the front door and just stands there leaving the invited sim standing alone in another part of the house.

*Work stress "Need a Holiday" - Going camping doesn't always work.

They fix all that I'll buy every kit, expansion, and stuff pack they throw at me.
    Post edited by Lazzial on
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO. Maybe a teen kit
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No, I think we need more options for the life stages we have already. I want free babies, more activities for children (like bicycles), and shorter teens. If ever those life stages feel complete, then maybe.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes
    I don't like that our kids go from 8 to 16 when they age up to teens. I feel we need a preteen life stage. With new aspirations for them. I'd like to see it as an expansion pack.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]