Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow Appreciation Thread

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @CelSims

I also like the look of your chosen builds for the world.. I think the most difficult is trying to get that hybrid style/look for varied supernatural sims where we don't want a complete vampire/magic looking build but something in between and I think you managed to get that look/style with your house for hybrids. Your generic lot is also nice I am just wondering what you feel you will eventually turn it into? (if you are even going to-) I personally chose one community lot with a chapel for the exterior look in the world but turned it into a nightclub as well because it attracts a lot of human sims my vamps can take advantage of :)

It's a wedding venue at the moment as one of my sims will be married soon. I tend to change things to suit.

dGy6IdN.png

VhL2FLM.png
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Aww, I knew you were just curious about the sim, but I appreciate your sensitivity. People's feelings nowadays can be a bit touchy. Understandable really. :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @CelSims

It really is a lovely wedding venue but in FH I only allow myself one community lot as there is just no room for everything. I still have a spooky restaurant I adore i would love to add and after Paranormal came out I really want to add a spooky rental lot as well. In my dreams lol :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Felt inspired by this thread and I built a rental house in my game. It's a sort of mountain retreat for fresh air and exercise.

BGSD1AV.png

TmJMq6q.png

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @CelSims

It really is a lovely wedding venue but in FH I only allow myself one community lot as there is just no room for everything. I still have a spooky restaurant I adore i would love to add and after Paranormal came out I really want to add a spooky rental lot as well. In my dreams lol :)

That's my only complaint about Forgotten Hollow, it's really way too small D: My vampires have taken over most of Windenburg also, with a few Spellcasters holding out on the island. Really due a large old fashioned town world in my opinion.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    In fact I was thinking about the twins (now i know who they are -) as very snobby teens to a celebrity story i had in mind that I wanted to play in another world but i think they are adults yes? If they are not adults would it be possible to download this family or the twins from the gallery? as they would be perfect :)
    They are in fact young adults, and I don't usually upload my sims to the gallery because I use a lot of cc on them (for example, Alfred's coat and Alexia's skirt are both recoloured items from the base game and Vintage Glamour stuff, respectively), but if you're really interested in them, I could make teen copies of them and send them to you.
    Thanks also for the info on the T.O.O.L. mod. I may take another look but every time I have tried using a mod from that creator I have experienced issues in my game (probably a conflict of my own making-)
    Really? I can only tell from my own experience that I never had a problem with T.O.O.L. (apart from a visual glitch that was fixed in an update), but yeah, it's best to always be careful with mods. Unfortunately I don't know of any other way to place objects outside the lot, though.
    @crocobaura

That's a lovely build you have there, I love the walkway of flowers with the teeny fence surrounding them :)

@CelSims

I am desperate to find/try a FH style weather mod to see what it looks like in WB but I cannot find one that's updated. Let's hope when we get more supernaturals we might also get a bigger world ;)

@GrumpyGlowfish

I normally never play with mods/cc until a series ends so I don't have to keep waiting or checking for mod updates but with the 4 series I just had to have some mods but I probably did something wrong or maybe had a conflict of mods when i tried one of the creators mods that made T.O.O.L. so i am in no way blaming the creator for what happened and i want the portal in FH so much I am prepared to try again anyway.. I don't have any CC so is a recolor of clothes item from a pack considered CC? If so will the CC ever need updating when patches/future packs come out?

Are the twins vampires?

Can they come as a pair without Lady Dimitrescu as I would be playing them in DelSol (I have a superstar that i don't want having kids so it would be a case of taking on family kids when their parents died) and as soon as I saw them in your pic I thought they looked perfect for the part.

Even if they come as Adults I should be able to age them down in cas yes?

I don't want to put you out so if you don't have the time I will try my own recreation of them if you could provide me with their aspirations and traits.

@lanlyn

Nope I don't roll that way. the only reason I found out about the news was because I Googled prior to answering your post just to make sure I spelt the name right before posting-) Honestly these days who knows what to believe about anything anymore as we are being constantly bombarded with "news" from every direction 24/7 which is why I hardly ever watch the news channels :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Okay so I sort of finished wolfsbane apartment I'll add pictures and gallery link in my post on first page ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    @GrumpyGlowfish

I normally never play with mods/cc until a series ends so I don't have to keep waiting or checking for mod updates but with the 4 series I just had to have some mods but I probably did something wrong or maybe had a conflict of mods when i tried one of the creators mods that made T.O.O.L. so i am in no way blaming the creator for what happened and i want the portal in FH so much I am prepared to try again anyway.. I don't have any CC so is a recolor of clothes item from a pack considered CC? If so will the CC ever need updating when patches/future packs come out?

Are the twins vampires?

Can they come as a pair without Lady Dimitrescu as I would be playing them in DelSol (I have a superstar that i don't want having kids so it would be a case of taking on family kids when their parents died) and as soon as I saw them in your pic I thought they looked perfect for the part.

Even if they come as Adults I should be able to age them down in cas yes?

I don't want to put you out so if you don't have the time I will try my own recreation of them if you could provide me with their aspirations and traits.

I was going to make a zip file and send it to you via PM, but then decided it's more trouble than it's worth, so whatever, they're on the gallery now. :D My name there is GrumpyGlowfish, just like on this site, and I only have this one shared item, so you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

A few things I should probably mention:
    - No, they're not vampires, just ordinary sims.
    - Even though I tried to make them as cc-free as possible, my game STILL claims that there's cc on them, but I can't find it. So you may get a notification that some items are missing, but it shouldn't be a problem.
    - They come with a few low-level skills already because I played with them for a couple of sim days before saving them to the library. Unfortunately I don't know how to remove skills. Alexia also starts out with the four "Gifted" traits you get from completing childhood aspirations, because that's how awesome she is.
    - In the game these characters originally come from (Resident Evil: Code Veronica), Alfred sometimes cross-dresses as his sister. That's why he's wearing dresses in his formal and party outfits.

All that said, you don't need to stick to my story, or the original game's story of course. Feel free to rename them, change their outfits, and give them different traits and aspirations as you see fit. Enjoy!
    edited March 2021
    Thank you @Simmingal

That's awesome you worked so fast :)

@GrumpyGlowfish

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. I love them and am sure they are going to fit in perfectly where I have in mind for them. once i get them into their roles I will let you know their new story and where they are :)

ok off to fire my game for these goodies :)<3

EDIT: @GrumpyGlowfish

I have tried every which way on that dang gallery in game to find the twins but it's not happening. your origin id pops up but there are no sims or anything else.

so far have searched by your origin ID
    Alexia
    alfred
    alexia and alfred
    ashford
    then first names, both names with ashford on the end and nothing.

I cannot download from the EA website either as that website has not allowed me to sign in for at least the last 6 months for some reason.

Any further ideas welcomed :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    edited March 2021
    Have you allowed custom content in your search? As I said, the gallery claims that there's cc on my sims even though I can't find it, so if you haven't allowed cc, it may not show up. That's the only explanation I can think of.
    Thank you @Simmingal

That's awesome you worked so fast :)

hehe :blush: thank Olive Specter for being very inspiring and making me want to finish fast so I can have her back in my sims lives
    edited March 2021
    @GrumpyGlowfish

Yes CC is checked on because of my mods but I went to check again anyway just to be sure.. can you tell me how you titled them in the gallery so i can try searching for the specific way you have named them please..

also if you can send me the website gallery link even though i cannot sign into the site I might glean some further details of how to try and locate them in the gallery in game..There is another player that has done a remake of them but i prefer yours :)

@Simmingal

I am pleased Oliver Specter inspired you to finish quickly.. enjoy getting back into your sims lives I am still going through a list of things I need to do before that and I swore i would get it done today but as always time flies :)

lol wolfsbane apartments? I got confused thinking you had decorated the Hollow apartments instead so when I just placed the build into FH just now I was like whattttttttt it's still empty :D
    also if you can send me the website gallery link even though i cannot sign into the site I might glean some further details of how to try and locate them in the gallery in game..There is another player that has done a remake of them but i prefer yours :)

Sorry, I don't know how to do that. This is what it's supposed to look like:

ts4_x642021-03-1319-3eojpj.jpg

I just tried finding it in the gallery myself. When I type "Ashford" and sort the results by date, with cc checked, it's the first thing that comes up. But if you've even been on my profile and it wasn't there, then I don't think you'll find it anywhere else. But I've never shared a creation before, so is there something else I have to do after uploading before it becomes available to the public? Could someone else maybe check if they can find it? I don't know why this isn't working.
    @GrumpyGlowfish

wooooooooohaaaaaaaaa finally i found them and you made them teens as well thank you so much it is much appreciated :)<3
    Sometimes you can't find stuff on the gallery because the Advance search function "Maxis curated" gets ticked by default. You need to uncheck it.
    edited March 2021

lol wolfsbane apartments? I got confused thinking you had decorated the Hollow apartments instead so when I just placed the build into FH just now I was like whattttttttt it's still empty :D

:sweat_smile: yeah
    the problem of having 2 builds identical on the outsides

hollow apartments one is on fledermaus bend lot and the one i completed on the wolfsbane manor lot

but i call them both "bend" now because well there ain't no manor on that lot

don't think I'm gonna go filling other one anytime soon cause I feel like even with wolfsbane one i started sort of repeating same thing for the first floor so i need to think of other ways to make living room because i swear its same everytime :lol:
    @crocobaura

Thanks for that extra info I will try and remember that as sometimes I find it things really difficult to find on the gallery even when I know for sure it's there :)

@Simmingal

I realize that now just expressing a teeny weeny little disappointment that's all :s
    @SPARKY1922 aw sorry to let you down :pensive:

I'm just really not that great with realistic rooms like kitchens and bathrooms and living rooms cause i have bias on how those rooms function :sweat_smile:

like why put tv in corner if it can be in the center
    why use tv table when i can have fireplace
    why do small couch when i can do big couch... and before you know it ive made same room again :sweat_smile:
    @Simmingal

Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tell me no matter what theme I am trying to go for with lot interiors I end up with the same style over and over again lol

Just joking with you I will get to it but it's not my forte that's all however I am grateful for the build as it suits the world perfectly and makes it look like there are apartments which works well with a bunch of supernatural roomies so basically I have nothing to moan about :)
    edited March 2021
    @Simmingal

Oh ❀️❀️❀️❀️ tell me no matter what theme I am trying to go for with lot interiors I end up with the same style over and over again lol

Just joking with you I will get to it but it's not my forte that's all however I am grateful for the build as it suits the world perfectly and makes it look like there are apartments which works well with a bunch of supernatural roomies so basically I have nothing to moan about :)

yeah its not really all that supernatural inside that build so i get you :sweat_smile:
    but i sort of just wanted wolfsbane lot to serve as snackhouse for time being and house someone with use for death pit

that being said all snacks expire one day so there is no reason it shouldn't be full of occults one day too :wink:
    @Simmingal

Almost anything can be made into a decent theme if i had even one ounce of creativity lol Thats why i get such pleasure from builds that look the part as I don't have to go thinking about adding yet another bland paint colour on the walls-) Don't worry though I won't do that to your build (if I can help it-) as my supernaturals might complain and i will eventually get thrown into the pit snacks be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    These Gamepack worlds are so small, and the irony is that a lot of the time there really is room for more, at least one more empty Lot. There even looks like there's room for a secret boarded up place, but it's been not filled it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    I added a restaurant to Forgotten Hollow in my game. This will give my sims a reason to visit more often than they currently do. I think the residents liked it too cause it was full on opening night. :lol:

dKU8ItY.png

Ee6whiU.png

@Loanet

I would give anything (well almost-) for a FH world the size of WB I would be in my element :)

@crocobaura

That's a nice restaurant and I have one that i have been using for at least a couple of years i would love to add to FH but don't want to take out a residential lot. I do have a nightclub on the chapel lot in the basement and it also gets loads of visitors so that will have to do for now. I have noticed that sims do seem to be really drawn to FH if there is a community lot there..it would help if we could have multi lots work better in the game..