The Modern Menswear Kit is available now! Picked it up? Head on over to the Screenshot thread to show off your new creations here
December 3rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

What's your favourite expansion pack from each iteration of the Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,089 Member
    Sims 1- vacation
    Sims 2- never liked it so hardly played it and never bought any expansion packs
    Sims 3- seasons
    Sims 4- city living
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    TS1 - Makin' Magic
    TS2 - Seasons
    TS3 - Late Night
    TS4 - who?
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 103 Member
    TS1: Makin' Magic and Vacation. I personally don't think that any of the magic packs since have compared.
    TS2: University, I loved all the different courses that you could choose. Being in a dorm as well really made the experience for me.
    TS3: Island Paradise, loved the general theme of this pack and the fact that you actually had hotels that you could build on and send families there. The houseboats were a cute feature too and used to enjoy letting my Sims explore the island on the weekend (in game).
    TS4: Island Living, although I haven't been able to explore and play with all of the packs in this version, I would say atm, that this is my favourite. The scenery is beautiful and really makes it feel as though you're there with them. When the weather is grey and dull outside, I find myself gravitating to play with my families in Sulani.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 433 Member
    The Sims 2: Open For Business
    The Sims 3: Generations
    The Sims 4: Seasons
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 560 Member
    edited July 20
    Sims 1 - Super Star
    Sims 2 - Nightlife
    Sims 3 - I skipped it.
    Sims 4 - Tie between Get to Work and Snowy Escape

I actually like more of the TS4 GPs than EPs: Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Island Living, and Realm of Magic
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,385 Member
    The Sims 2 Nightlife is the apex of dlc for this franchise. It checked all boxes, and had everything done well.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 126 Member
    Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    Sims 2: Open for Business
    Sims 3: Supernatural
    Sims 4: Realm of Magic
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 1,676 Member
    1: Unleashed
    2: Pets
    3: Pets
    4: Vampires
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 24
    never played 1 or 2
    sims 3: either Pets or World Adventures. I love the quests and exploring the tombs. Pets is also my favorite because we can control them. I'm a huge animal lover, but can't have pets in ts4 because I need to control everyone in my household. Even with the mod, pets still have autonomy which doesn't work with my playstyle.
    sims 4: Get Together. Windenburg is my favorite world and I couldn't imagine playing without it
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 76 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > Sims 1 & 2 I never played.
    >
    > Sims 3 Supernatural
    > Sims 4 Get Together

I hope you play them soon! It's very easy now. Many get started tutorials online!
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 118 Member
    Sims 1 ummmm...
    I don't know much about sims 1 packs because I've played the least of all games. I think sims 1 without packs is just fine and fun.

Sims 2 Nightlife
    Probably the best pack they ever made in general, with base game's gameplay detail, it's just chef's kiss.

Sims 3 University Life
    There are so many great packs in 3 but university is my most favourite. It gives so many cool features and activities. The pack's world is cherry on top.

Sims 4 Seasons
    Great visuals in-game because of weather (especially rain it looks so good here!!!!!! :D), holidays and a lot of new activities.
    q4ahJsp.jpg

• johnny33johnny33 Posts: 79 Member
    Sims 2- seasons
    Sims 3- supernatural
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,598 Member
    The Sims 1 - Hot Date
    The Sims 2 - Seasons
    The Sims 3 - Seasons
    The Sims 4 - Seasons

I want to answer more varied, but Seasons is just so integral to playing The Sims for me that if it's there, it takes the spot by default.
    mJw75LN.jpg
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Sims 3: Island Paradise
    Sims 4: Seasons

I never played Sims 1. As for Sims 2, I didn't play it properly enough to have a favorite EP. I was about 10-11 back then, and all I really did was create sims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Sims 2 : Nightlife or Appartment Life
    Sims 3 : Late Night, Seasons & Island Living
    Sims 4 : Seasons
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 121 Member
    1: Hot Date or Makin Magic
    2: Reallllly hard to pick. I couldn't imagine playing without Nightlife (cars, chemistry, dating!), but I also love Seasons, University, and Apartment Life
    3. Generations, followed closely by Late Night. Honorable mention to World Adventures and Seasons
    4. Seasons (only one I've played).
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 4
    See the problem is that most of them add something that I feel is "essential". I guess I would say Hot Date, because it was so fun to be able to go downtown for the first time! Oh hold on. Each.

1 - Hot Date
    2 - I guess University because it adds the long hairstyle for men
    3 and 4 - I don't have expansions for these
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 12,290 Member
    edited November 7
    1. EP7 Makin' Magic : I like the spooky ambient of the Magicland
    2. EP2 Nightlife : Downtown and nightclubs, that's all I need.
    3. EP06 Showtime : Acrobat career is my favorite feature in TS3. The second favorite feature is the Firefighter career in EP02 Ambitions
    4. EP03 City Living : I can't live without a concrete world and skyscrapers