Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle

Is there a way I can not play with Eco Lifestyle? I just want my normal play back without my water and electric getting shut off. I went to youtube and the girl said to click it off but it didn't work. I still had no water. I wouldn't mind if it was for a couple of hours but this is for the whole day. Thank you for your help. Smiles.

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    You have the opportunity to vote on neighborhood action plans on the weekends. If you don't vote, you're stuck with whatever random NAP the townies vote for. If you do vote, it's easy to outvote all the townies on your own, just click the NAP you want several times. Sounds like your neighborhood voted for water conservation and power conservation.

There is an in-game repeal process that you can do for one NAP per weekend. Click on the mailbox to start that. There are also cheat codes. You can google those.
  • Options
    mercy55funmercy55fun Posts: 78 Member
    Ohhhh, I see. Thank you mightysprite. Smiles.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Repeal the Water Conservation N.A.P. and the Power Conservation N.A.P.

You can do this quickly with cheats. Use Ctrl-Shift-C to open the cheat console. Use testingCheats on to enable cheats. Shift-click on your Sim's mailbox to bring up a cheat menu. Click on Instant Repeal Neighborhood Action Plan (Cheat) and then choose the plan you want to repeal. Once you are finished, you can use testingCheats off to disable the cheats and then close the cheat console by pressing the Esc key or using Ctrl-Shift-C a second time.

It sounds like you used the options panel to turn off NPC Voting. That's a good idea if you want to be sure these plans don't get voted back in but it doesn't affect the plans that are already in use. The active plans have to be repealed if you don't want them.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help. Smiles.
  • Options
    expatinus57expatinus57 Posts: 1 New Member
    Until/unless we are given a straightforward way of disabling intrusive NPC behavior, and as nobody has mentioned it I am assuming there isn't a a check box in the Pack Settings that disables it?, I won't be purchasing this Pack. Honestly, I'd love to have Evergreen Harbor as a world to live in/visit and, of course, the items but NOT at the cost of being robbed blind, left in the dark, left with no water, etc--or having to use 'testingcheats' and repeals and--whatever! I dunno if the devs actually read these forums but if they do, I wish they'd LISTEN TO PEOPLE!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Read the thread, please.

You absolutely control whether NAPs are active, and with TestingCheats, even can select which are or are not enabled in your neighborhood easily.

I think the only "intrusion" beyond that is the gal who phones asking you to fund her research, and the guy who rings doorbells to talk about green living.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Until/unless we are given a straightforward way of disabling intrusive NPC behavior, and as nobody has mentioned it I am assuming there isn't a a check box in the Pack Settings that disables it?, I won't be purchasing this Pack. Honestly, I'd love to have Evergreen Harbor as a world to live in/visit and, of course, the items but NOT at the cost of being robbed blind, left in the dark, left with no water, etc--or having to use 'testingcheats' and repeals and--whatever! I dunno if the devs actually read these forums but if they do, I wish they'd LISTEN TO PEOPLE!
    @expatinus57 There is a checkbox. You can disable all NAPs with no cheats. Just do that before you start playing with the pack. After that it's still possible to stop them, but easiest to do with testingcheats.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I like eco living. I disabled voting for naps though as they were really annoying, the only naps that get passed are ones I make my sims vote for. I like the modern development nap. I really enjoyed doing the dumpster rags to riches challenge and fabrication skill is cool. I have a freegan family who have a shop where everything for sale has been scrounged from the dump or fabricated. Really good fun,
  • Options
    Thank you all for helping me. Smiles.