Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This lot uses too many packs...or does it?

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,870 Member
    Yes it is very handy if deciding should I download lot what uses pack I do not have :) If t is like 1 or 2 items then I download :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I had no idea we can do that! Thanks for posting.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It is good to use when uploading to the gallery too. I check it before uploading to see if any packs have a few items that I can remove so that is one less pack needed :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Right? I knew you could click on the pack icons to see what was in the packs. I had no idea that there was a button to show you what from those packs had been used in a particular build. 🤯
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I had no idea this was even a thing. It blew my mind!

https://youtu.be/UIy5YKfXMc0

Thanks for sharing! I didn’t realize you could do this!
    Glad to share, hopefully this could help people not pass on a build they like because they think it’s chocked full of stuff they don’t have, because it may not be the case.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    yeah most of the time when my builds have million packs listed i might have only used like some random one object

and then its like bro why did i do that to em but also like can't bother reuploading 5 times hunting em down
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    It is a very useful way to see if you want a pack. I use this a lot, but mostly to see what I used in my uploads, builds and sims. Sometimes swapping out a few items for similar ones can get me less required packs for something I want to upload.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    It is good to use when uploading to the gallery too. I check it before uploading to see if any packs have a few items that I can remove so that is one less pack needed :D
    I do the same :smiley: Some items are easy to replace, but sometimes I just need to have that one item, like once I wanted the Stangerville lava lamp in my bar.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Holy crap. As someone who owns many fewer packs than most builds of interest to me seem to use, this could be extremely, extremely useful for me. Thanks for passing it along! :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm honestly surprised how many people didn't know about this feature.
    Am I the only one who clicks all the new buttons whenever we get a UI update?

That said, this is a very useful feature, and as builder who owns most packs, I should use it more to check if there are things that can be replaced to limit the amount of packs used.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    oh, cool, didn't know about this.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is why I laid down a challenge to any builder to build using a single pack (or from the packs I own).
    It’s too bad they don’t do a short walk through on UI updates on their YT channel to show people this stuff. It a shame that people may pass up a build they really like because they think it has tons of items from a pack or packs they don’t own when in fact it may just be a vase, a picture, a small bit of terrain paint, or 1 landscape item that’s easily replaced or even still as the video shows that nothing from that pack was used after all.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sometimes the only thing from a pack somebody's using is say, the wallpaper or an item or two of clutter.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Thank you so much for this!

I have had to pass up on so many beautiful build for this reason. I had no idea this feature existed, but I'll be using it all the time now. I wonder if CAS is the same?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,870 Member
    I wonder if CAS is the same?

Yes, it is :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    I wonder if CAS is the same?

Yes, it is :)

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! :blush:

Like with builds, I have had to pass up on downloading so many Sims as well, just in case there's like 2 outfits (including hairstyles) I may not have. When if it's just a necklace or something... I don't really care if it's "missing."
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im actually surprised that it puts people off so much TBH. I know I have all the packs but Ive downloaded CC builds or sims before despite having no CC! I just pick new furniture or clothes for what is missing!
    I recently downloaded a build where practically all the interior was CC....I got a house filled with generic white base game placeholder furniture and blank canvases instead of art!LOL (it was such a pretty build though that I didnt care).
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's already there for quite some time. I always used that as a reference if I want to download something from the gallery.
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised how many people didn't know about this feature.
    Am I the only one who clicks all the new buttons whenever we get a UI update?

That said, this is a very useful feature, and as builder who owns most packs, I should use it more to check if there are things that can be replaced to limit the amount of packs used.

You're not alone. I know about this feature & it's very helpful when I don't own all the packs before.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Im actually surprised that it puts people off so much TBH. I know I have all the packs but Ive downloaded CC builds or sims before despite having no CC! I just pick new furniture or clothes for what is missing!
    I recently downloaded a build where practically all the interior was CC....I got a house filled with generic white base game placeholder furniture and blank canvases instead of art!LOL (it was such a pretty build though that I didnt care).

Well I'm not a good builder by any means. I can kind of renovate the inside of builds, but if I'm being honest I'm not too good at that either. But I'm super picky about wanting a nice house to play in instead of an EA default and I'm not fond of Base Game only houses since they don't have nearly enough clutter. :(

So I have to depend on multipack houses.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member

I only found out recently. Wish I had known sooner.