Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timing of everything, especially as it relates to story/blog doing my head in! (Help Please).

Long, long story short(er). Does anyone else overthink timelines, especially when writing Sim stories?

I have a custom age span where one week is supposed to equal about six months, but this doesn't work too well for seasons (which should probably be about three months) or university (where to do three papers a term means finishing in around two years).

Found my toddler is gaining skills way too fast for a long lifespan too. They are maxed imagination already and others coming up quickly, but still have some 48 days to go.

I guess I haven't found the sweet spot yet, but this is making my restartitis itch real bad.

Comments

• CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    I've found that I have to view season in term of like Game of Thrones where it's Summer for 10 years and then Fall for a few and then Winter for who knows how long.
    But that's me personally, I found that if the seasons change to much I get tired of all the repeat holidays and events. And since the lowest setting for seasons are 7 days if you're going realistic ish then 28 days is technically a year,
    I haven't tried playing with long lifespans yet. But maybe you could tweak the different age groups however you feel, but leave the adults as is? Cause there's really only so much toddlers can do, before they're just there to annoy you. At least children can start gaining some adult skills after maxing their skills.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
  • CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    Though thinking further into it, if you live in Oasis Springs or Del Sol, you essentially can ignore weather temps since it doesn't snow in either location. so You can still tell a story without having to worry about what the weather is doing. You can use your own creative liberty there.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread