Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features we all thinking about is coming to Generations

2...Next

Comments

• OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    Whatever they add, I do not want rabbit holes!

High School and particularly things like Homecoming and Prom need to hands-on. You should be able to run a teen sim throughout an entire year or High School if you wanted to, lessons and all, sports too, join and create cliques in the lunch hall, pit cliques against one another, create gangs and intimidate other students, have detention, have slumber parties, compete not just to get good grades but compete to win that Homecoming Crown/Tiara. It would bring a new dimension to the Sims and basically be whatever American Teen TV show you want to live out you can.

For adults having midlife crisis, while we can kind of roleplay this already, I want a feature rich system that is based upon Consequences of the sim giving into their desire. Otherwise it will just be like another tickbox to check if its something like "sad husband wants a flashy fast car" and rewards you simcash for succeeding and ends, but then there's no knock on effects for the wife or kids, or the dumb blonde who jumps in his flashy car. The ultimate consequence for a married sim: divorce - this should be fleshed out; the game requiring you to make separate bedrooms, moving the kids to their grandparents, moving one sim out and housing them, attending marriage therapy; even go more realistic and have the other parent move out with the kids and you as the player sim have to re-establish contact with your kids, you might only be able to see them at school at first or at the park for 1 hour a week. That's realistic rather than a sad moodlet for a few in game days.

If we don't get this type of feature integration in Sims 4, I expect it in Sims 5 as the franchise has been in a kind of static state for over a decade now
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Orangemon wrote: »

You should be able to run a teen sim throughout an entire year or High School if you wanted to, lessons and all, sports too, join and create cliques in the lunch hall, pit cliques against one another, create gangs and intimidate other students, have detention....

@Orangemon you seem strangely obsessed with creating a version of the game that allows/encourages you to be a high school bully/Mean Girl. Do you need a hug?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would like to see more things enabled for children to do, like bikes, gardening and any thing I've missed. But particularly those two. Those two being omitted just baffles me. Gardening would be a huge improvement for my off the grid families.
    I'd also like home schooling and for it NOT to require a computer phone.
    And let the poor children do some magic if they're spell casters.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    In my game there was a townie teen sim who looked older than me, yes I’m told I look way younger at times but I’m actually in my late 20s.

I want teens to have their own height again and for pre teens to be in this game. It’s been 600 years we need both. Sims 2 was the best in aging faces you had mystery while you could also tell how they might look as an adult... Here a kid can be a cutie and Monster-Frankenstein look as they age up

I’d also like every feature and any future feature put on this list in sims 4 or sims 5... I can’t play sims 4 right now... Personal reasons

I wish we could all get what we want and be happy
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We need anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette, vehicles, driving skills and more
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I, personally, don't mind the current school setup, but I can see the appeal and value of having additional options - Homeschool (using the Work From Home or Freelance systems) Boarding School, and making school active - as long as Active school stays optional. Ideally, I'd want it as a second school system (private school? with Uniforms?) that worked like the Active careers where I can choose to send alone, and if my kids aren't in private school, they just go to the rabbit hole public school.

School dances as active events is more appealing to me, but I doubt I'll send my kids/teens to those regularly. I play on long life, which means 8 weeks (assuming a dance every Saturday or every other Saturday, which seems a fair guess, since they have to base their timing on Normal Lifespan, not Long or Custom.) I went to two school dances in 4 years, and I don't regret missing the other eight (prom was only for Juniors and Seniors)
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Orangemon wrote: »

High School and particularly things like Homecoming and Prom need to hands-on. You should be able to run a teen sim throughout an entire year or High School if you wanted to, lessons and all, sports too, join and create cliques in the lunch hall, pit cliques against one another, create gangs and intimidate other students, have detention, have slumber parties, compete not just to get good grades but compete to win that Homecoming Crown/Tiara. It would bring a new dimension to the Sims and basically be whatever American Teen TV show you want to live out you can.

For adults having midlife crisis, while we can kind of roleplay this already, I want a feature rich system that is based upon Consequences of the sim giving into their desire. Otherwise it will just be like another tickbox to check if its something like "sad husband wants a flashy fast car" and rewards you simcash for succeeding and ends, but then there's no knock on effects for the wife or kids, or the dumb blonde who jumps in his flashy car. The ultimate consequence for a married sim: divorce - this should be fleshed out; the game requiring you to make separate bedrooms, moving the kids to their grandparents, moving one sim out and housing them, attending marriage therapy; even go more realistic and have the other parent move out with the kids and you as the player sim have to re-establish contact with your kids, you might only be able to see them at school at first or at the park for 1 hour a week. That's realistic rather than a sad moodlet for a few in game days.

If we don't get this type of feature integration in Sims 4, I expect it in Sims 5 as the franchise has been in a kind of static state for over a decade now

how do you expect no rabbit hole when even University is a GIANT rabbit hole?
  • Alys_ParinaAlys_Parina Posts: 19 Member
    Half of the stuff in this thread I didn't even know I wanted it until I read everyone else's ideas (TT^TT) and they're SUCH good ideas. I think some of my favourites are:
    - a stroller to be able to take your baby around (maybe even toddlers too)
    - more baby furniture/baby interactions
    - trikes for toddlers, training wheel bikes for kids
    - more kid w kid interactions like tag and marco polo
    - a dress up chest and a treehouse (I never played sims 3--this sounds so cute!!)
    - a more interactive high school experience w after school activites, dances, etc
    - a walker or cane for elderly sims
    - more elder specific activites like bingo night :P

And also, not sure if this is generations specific, but I'd love to be able to tweak the height of my sims. Not sure if that's a doable request, I just wish I could make them different heights (like short, average, and tall)