Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best Sims 4 pack?

hello all,
so i finally joined the crowd and started playing the sims 4! it is so much fun and works better on windows 10. I am looking to expand my game but i was wondering what EP/SP is the best?
i am definetely going to get University and seasons, but is there any other ones that are awesome?
Favorite EP/SP
Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Generations
My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Comments

• Options
    winterdaywinterday Posts: 16 Member
    I recently got Snowy Escape and I'm really enjoying it! Island living and Get to Work are also good ones
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    winterday wrote: »
    I recently got Snowy Escape and I'm really enjoying it! Island living and Get to Work are also good ones

Get to Work includes the doctor career right? and for Island Living is it like Bon Voyage in the Sims 2? like vacation lots? Forgive me with the questions i just want to know!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • Options
    winterdaywinterday Posts: 16 Member
    Yes Get to Work does include the doctor career! Also, yes! I never had Bon Voyage, but to my understanding it's pretty much like that with vacation lots! I've also moved a family to the island and it makes for fun gameplay. No forgiveness needed, I'm happy to help😊 I also think City Living is a good one too. I just really like new destinations, if you can't tell :)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    The best packs for you will depend on your own play style, but my personal favourites are Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Paranormal, and Nifty Knitting. I recommend checking out some reviews if you haven't already to see which packs appeal to you the most.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My favourite:
    Expansion packs - Seasons, Eco lifestyle and Island Living.
    Game packs - Vampires, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Parenthood and Dine Out.
    Stuff Packs - Paranormal and Vintage Glamour.

My playstyle is mostly family play and i love occults.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    My favourite:

Dine Out allows the player to have restaurants right?
    As for parenthood, can that add more interactions with parenting a toddler/baby/ teen/child?
    Does Paranormal introduce aliens?
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • Options
    Yes Get to Work does include the doctor career! Also, yes! I never had Bon Voyage, but to my understanding it's pretty much like that with vacation lots! I've also moved a family to the island and it makes for fun gameplay. No forgiveness needed, I'm happy to help😊 I also think City Living is a good one too. I just really like new destinations, if you can't tell :)

Awesome good to know thank you!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Island living is not a vacation world, but thanks to a recent patch you can make any lot rental. Just had to point that out.

I think you should go by the theme or the type of gameplay that interests you most. I personally enjoy all packs, some of my favourites are Get Together, Get Famous and City Living. Get Together club system gives control of non played characters, fame in Get Famous can be achieved in many ways and is challenging, City Living comes with apartments which I love to use. Like I said it really depends what you're after.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    My favourite:

Dine Out allows the player to have restaurants right?
    As for parenthood, can that add more interactions with parenting a toddler/baby/ teen/child?
    Does Paranormal introduce aliens?

Dine out allows you to own and manage a restaurant. You can choose everything, from the menu you'll be serving to the clothes the staff uses. You have to hire staff... It also allows you to visit restaurants.

Yes, Parenthood also brings a new skill for parents or caretakers that will allow parents to influence their kids better and also many ways to punish them, like forbid the kids to use tv all day, or go out, or use computers...
    It also brings a new system of character values. If your kid for example develops responsability during his toddler, child and teen days, by doing responsible tasks, like doing his homework, taking out the garbage... they can get a new trait when they age to young adult, that will make them reponsible at work, meaning they'll get better pay and other perks. But if they are irresponsible they can get a bad trait.
    There are 5 character values (empathy, emotional control, responsability, education and one that i can't remember now), so 10 new possible traits to get (one good and one bad for each character value).
    Paranormal brings haunted lots. Get to work brings aliens.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    Island living is not a vacation world, but thanks to a recent patch you can make any lot rental. Just had to point that out.

I think you should go by the theme or the type of gameplay that interests you most. I personally enjoy all packs, some of my favourites are Get Together, Get Famous and City Living. Get Together club system gives control of non played characters, fame in Get Famous can be achieved in many ways and is challenging, City Living comes with apartments which I love to use. Like I said it really depends what you're after.

Get Famous sounds a lot like showtime- which i found fun. so thanks!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »

Get Famous sounds a lot like showtime- which i found fun. so thanks!

Get famous has a much wider range than showtime. Any skill or career can make you famous. It also added the acting career and the possibility of living as an influencer.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited March 2021
    I recommend the following to get started:
    Get Together for the beautiful large World & outdoor parties.
    Island Living for the beautiful large Island World, Mermaids & Festivals.
    Snowy Escape for the winter fun, pretty World, cool Hot Springs & Festivals.
    Spa Day to go with Snowy Escape's Hot Springs.
    Tiny Living for the cool Furniture & Tiny Residence Lot type.
    Movie Hangout for the pretty stuff & CAS.

If you also like to play fantasy, I recommend getting:
    Get to Work for the Aliens.
    Vampires, for the obvious.
    Realm of Magic for Spellcasters.
    Paranormal for Guildry the Ghost, Bonehilda, Medium Skill/Career & Haunted House Residence Lot type.
    Strangerville for the Motherplant plus this really goes well with Get to Work's Aliens & Scientist Career.

And finally, if you like regular everyday domestics, I recommend getting:
    Cats & Dogs for the pets, they can be useful as familiars for Realm of Magic.
    Parenthood for the families & the cool Value traits.
    Eco Living to turn your lots Green or Polluted, plus there's some cool furniture, CAS.
    Nifty Knitting for the Knitting, Rocking Chairs & other cozy stuff.

• Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Expansion Packs
    Cats & Dogs ~ An absolute MUST for the pet lover! It's worlds above the Sims 3 Pets, as the animals actually look like cats & dogs and not giraffes. They are adorable, and the amount of detail gone in to making the pets do actual pet things is amazing. If you're not a pet lover, you could probably do without though the new world Brindleton Bay and alot of the build/buy stuff is pretty awesome.
    City Living ~ This pack introduces SO much gameplay! San Myshuno is one of my favorite worlds of Sims 4 period, as the views are amazing. There's apartments, festivals, fun new careers (politician, critic and social media). You can do karaoke, graffiti (on specific boards/murals), and play video games. There's nothing I don't love about this pack.

Game Packs
    Strangerville ~ I was actually hesitant about this one at first because I knew it was a Stranger Things ripoff, and I'm not a fan. But when I actually gave it a chance, I regretted not buying it sooner. I love the desert world, so much different from Oasis Springs with much more character to the surroundings. I'm BIG into conspiracy theories also, and I adore that that can be a thing thanks to this pack. You can buy conspiracy books, have a paranoid trait, and even bug people and listen to their conversations. If you hit pay dirt, you can blackmail them lol
    Jungle Adventure ~ Selvadorada is a beautiful new world with much to explore! The new decor is amazing too, with a bit of a southwest feel to it. I really enjoy paying with the new archaeology skill and the skeletons are cute.

Stuff Packs
    My First Pet ~ If you decide to purchase Cats & Dogs, this is a good supplemental pack (note that you can't play with some items unless you have C&D expansion). I love the tiny creatures, and they can even earn you money because they write books and blast off to space and have rave parties. The circular aquarium coffee table is also my favorite in-game object EVER. It's in every single house I play in, whether it belongs or not. I love all the build/buy and pet costumes too. Not as bad as everyone says.
    Bowling Night ~ I love to watch my Sims bowl, and have the hidden skill too. The clothing and build/buy is some of my favorite stuff in Sims 4.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    For me, Jungle Adventure. It has a good blend of everything; it has gameplay and things to do which is actually immersive and fun to play with, one of the nicest worlds in the game, some of the most useful build items in the game even for regular houses, it's totally different to anything else in game and it's only a game pack price! :)
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    My fav bundle is Get Together/Cats and dogs+vampires+paranormal SP. If you like pets C&D is better but I also like the world and townies of GT.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited March 2021
    For EPs, Get Famous was a day one buy and I havent regretted it. I love making celebrity sims and watching how other sims react in their presence. The build/buy is alot of fun and pairs well with Vintage Glamour if you'd like to make an old Hollywood starlet.

Snowy Escape is also alot of fun from a building perspective. 2 thumbs up for the build/buy and I stretched my building muscles creating traditional Japanese homes and bath houses that would fit the neighborhoods.

For GPs, Vampires and Realm of Magic rank high since occults are always awesome. Dine Out as well is fun for me. I dont run restaurants much, but I enjoy building them and sending my sims out to eat for outings or dates. With the menu so customizable, you can basically have any kind of restaurant you want.

For SPs, my favorites are Moschino and Paranormal. Moschino also pairs well with Get Famous and really expands on the photography skill. I don't care much for the poses used ingame, but I have alot of lookbook model poses downloaded that I use instead.

Paranormal is the best SP. I still am playing around with my spellcaster medium, and even made her fall in love with Guidry. (She's kinda obsessed with him) The new fear emotion is a godsend and I just love having my sim live in her haunted house.
    I love the build/buy and the cas outfits are pretty cute as well. Overall, the gameplay wins the day with this SP and though I would have preferred a Grim Reaper pack, this pack very quickly won me over.
  • Options
    MeteorizerMeteorizer Posts: 30 Member
    Well it depends on what you love doing first. There are alot of good packs, What kind of playstyle do you like?
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    For me: Expansions: seasons, get together, eco lifestyle.
    Game packs:vampires, realm of magic,
    Stuff pack: paranormal.
    But that's me. It really depends on your playstyle. Here are some suggestions.
    Achievement gameplay: get famous, eco lifestyle. There is also get to work which i find boring and discover university which is a lot of work and no fun.
    Social gameplay: get together and eco lifestyle. The first allows you to manipulate groups. The second allows you to get involved with the neighboorhood community.
    Lifestyle gameplay: city living and eco lifestyle.
    Traveling pack: island living and snowy escape.
    The two most beautifull worlds imo.
    Occult gameplay: the two game packs and the stuff pack mentioned above.
    I hope you ll find the one you like.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I couldn’t play without City living. It’s my must have pack. Best world, apartments, festivals, fun careers, and karaoke bars. In my opinion it’s the world that also feels the most alive.

I think get together is also a really good EP. Clubs are very usual. I also like the pool and cafe lots.
    The dancing skill and DJ booths to add to night clubs. It also came with a very big and beautiful world.

I know a lot of people find it buggy but I love Dine Out. My sims eat out at restaurants a lot. I also enjoy running them from time to time.
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    My favorite expansions are Seasons, Pets, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat.
    Seasons - I think it adds a good variety to the game with the changing seasons
    Pets - It adds cats and dogs which is very good, it also adds a new beautiful neighborhood
    Get together - It adds the groups to make parties and that, it also adds a new beautiful neighborhood
    Outdoor retreat - It has a new vacation place on a forest, it's fun to go there
    Those ones are my favorite, i recommend you that ones
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited March 2021
    Expansions: Snowy Escape, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle
    Games: Parenthood, Vampires, Strangerville
    Stuff: Paranormal, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting (AKA Luv 2 Knit)
    Kits: Country Kitchen, Bust the Dust
    Post edited by MyriadSims on
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    hello all,
    so i finally joined the crowd and started playing the sims 4! it is so much fun and works better on windows 10. I am looking to expand my game but i was wondering what EP/SP is the best?
    i am definetely going to get University and seasons, but is there any other ones that are awesome?

What's your playstyle? Or do you kind of like it all, because that's me. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Since you already have the Season, I reckon to get either Get Together (the club system is amazing other than the world itself) or Get to Work (I personally like the active careers).

For SP, if you want something to add to your gameplay, the Tiny Living is one of the best options. The tiny houses perks are amazing. Other than that, if you enjoy paranormal activities, then Paranormal pack is cool too!

Though you're not asking about the GP, I reckon to get the Parenthood (the character value is something that I like about this pack) or Vampire (the power/perk system is amazing!)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Css995Css995 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that they should add rabbits and bunny’s to cats and dogs - I know it’s called cats and dogs but i want to have a bunny like a real pet and not a my first pet. I think it would be cool if they didn’t bring them in cause then they could make a bunny bed if you want to have your rabbit as a inside rabbit and have a hutch for your rabbit if your want your rabbit to be an outside one.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    My favorite is definitely Cats & Dogs. I love them in real life and in game too. I also love the vet career and the CAS and build & buy items. Brindleton Bay is one of my favorite worlds, although with Seasons the weather is too stormy during the summer.
    Other ones I love are Island Living, Get To Work, Snowy Escape, Vampires and Jungle Adventure.