Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    My complaint is that the Eco Power Cell that makes vacuuming off the grid possible isn't letting me vacuum off the grid, and that every time i click on it the sim will just go over to it and put it in their inventory!
  • AmyHxAmyHx Posts: 2 New Member
    I turned off the mod in the game settings under packs and all its done is stop the sparkle and doesn't allow me to purchase a vacuum

However it still says its dirty, there is still dust and dust bunnies and although everywhere looks clean my sims keep feeling uncomfortable over the dirt

Anyone have any further tips on how to disable this mod as its getting a bit annoying that I cant turn it off
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    My complaint is that the Eco Power Cell that makes vacuuming off the grid possible isn't letting me vacuum off the grid, and that every time i click on it the sim will just go over to it and put it in their inventory!

The vacuum has to be in their inventory to use it. Once they put it in their inventory click on it again and select “vacuum around” or click in the floor and select the vacuum options there.
    edited March 2021
    AmyHx wrote: »
    I turned off the mod in the game settings under packs and all its done is stop the sparkle and doesn't allow me to purchase a vacuum

However it still says its dirty, there is still dust and dust bunnies and although everywhere looks clean my sims keep feeling uncomfortable over the dirt

Anyone have any further tips on how to disable this mod as its getting a bit annoying that I cant turn it off

Turning it off stops the dust visuals, bunnies, fiends, and sparkles. But it doesn’t turn off the buffs. I don’t know if that’s a feature or a bug. If you don’t mind mods Zero has several and they turn off different aspects of the packs, including the buffs. I can’t post the link because he uses a censored word in it and the forums puts the ❤️s in the link which then causes an error 404 when it’s clicked. *sigh* so...

The mod is free on his Patreon it’s the fourth post down in his Recent Posts section.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    It’s a kit I’m not buying, I’ll take the fashion and build and buy (when I feel the want to buy them) because that what the sims team does best right now. Right now I want to play sims 2 but extremely nervous because I got to do a lot to get it in working condition and I want to make it beautiful and when I’m not putting that off I’m either working or watching anime/anime abridged series and listening to music.

As for sims 4 I’m afraid to play it... Right now potential glitches in sims 4stress me out way to much. Why can’t games just come out completed glitch free, we have to wait long enough for sims games already especially for things we want (all of which should of been in the game by now). But we’d all wait even longer for the things we want and anything else EA creates that we might like, if they would just work properly.

(I love the new spooky pack I wanted to be a psychic but the build and buy is wonderful and I actually want to play the career. I expected it because we voted for it but I didn’t expect it to have so many cool features.)

But as for this kit why would I buy more chores for my sims to do? (I want sims 4 realistic things too) but cleaning no, why not give them an actual skill (we already have cheerleading outfits I’d like a cheerleading skill, even if they only came to cheer on community lots) I want more clubs (and for drama students to not have to change their outfit unless their in a play and we can pick their costume they should wear their street clothes.)

While we only get clothes for the outfit kit (and not enough pieces) I like what we get. As for the kitchen pack we get a couple food recipes (I think), that is something unexpected for me and I like that.

The dust bunnies are actually very cute but they come with dirt around my sims house and sparkles when everything is clean not to mention glitches. I do love what I’ve seen about the aspirations for actually being like aspirations but why is this the first time we get better aspirations.
  • missdeefyingmissdeefying Posts: 10 New Member
    Bought the pack and on the whole it's going well.

My retail lot gets nice and dusty and I can ask the staff to help me clean it.

My tiny house only seems to generate dust in one room, for some bizarre reason, but my larger houses get dusty all over as one might expect.

I also have a haunted house with the gremlins and filthy trait, and my goodness did it get to a disastrous state quickly. Unfortunately I forgot that leaving the lot resets your cleanliness level, so I undid all my good work there at a very inopportune time. Lost all my dust bunny friends.

Where I have stalled out is on the Perfectly Pristine aspiration, which I'm doing on the sim who lives in the tiny house.

I've gotten his house to clean, he's got the moodlet - he even got the special "extra vacuuming" moodlet - but I haven't been able to show off my clean house to a guest, as required in the aspiration. Has anyone successfully done this?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The kit is glitched for me. I have the dusty appearance stuck in my sims home all the time even when it says that it's sparking clean. I've tried removing mods and repairing my game but nothing has fixed it. :(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

My tiny house only seems to generate dust in one room, for some bizarre reason, but my larger houses get dusty all over as one might expect.

I also have a haunted house with the gremlins and filthy trait, and my goodness did it get to a disastrous state quickly. Unfortunately I forgot that leaving the lot resets your cleanliness level, so I undid all my good work there at a very inopportune time. Lost all my dust bunny friends.

Where I have stalled out is on the Perfectly Pristine aspiration, which I'm doing on the sim who lives in the tiny house.

I've gotten his house to clean, he's got the moodlet - he even got the special "extra vacuuming" moodlet - but I haven't been able to show off my clean house to a guest, as required in the aspiration. Has anyone successfully done this?

Leaving the house resets the cleanliness? So if I travel with a Sim to work or to visit someone and then come home, it'll revert back to like a neutral state?
  • missdeefyingmissdeefying Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Leaving the house resets the cleanliness? So if I travel with a Sim to work or to visit someone and then come home, it'll revert back to like a neutral state?

Yes, it resets to clean.

You don't get the moodlet straight away, but if you check the dust level you immediately get the inspired moodlet from a clean floor.

Also any dust bunnies or filth fiends you've befriended disappear, at least in my experience.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Show off to a guest completed for me by having it in clean state and then inviting someone over. They arrived and it completed. I had tried to look in the chat options for 'show off clean house' or similar but there wasn't anything.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Has anyone ticked off "have a floor dirty" in the filthy aspiration?

I had my slob sim's home so dirty that even they complained about the mess, every toilet, shower and sink dirty, dust fiends aplenty and it still wasn't enough.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The sims team added the Jungle Adventure items to things that the dust bunnies could find... so day 2 James Turner got 30000 simoleons...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkhGQ-vEIVU

That does sound a little broken.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    2) I’m already tired of seeing my Sims stop watching tv to get up and vacuum for the 5th time. The autonomy should be tuned. (I used a mod to disable it for the time being.)
    I guess they wouldnt do that if you just remove the vacuums from their inventory.

3) Sims automatically putting the vacuum cleaner into their inventory after use is annoying. I just want to be able to set the vacuum cleaner in the corner, have them use it, and then have them put it right back in the corner again.
    I wish they had a sorta "put back to where you got it" mechanic, not just regarding vacuums but guitars and violins too.

4) The house gets dirty too frequently. One day it said the house was pristine and the very next day, 3 dust bunnies appeared.
    true.

5) It’s weird that an entire floor can be filthy and a Sim can vacuum literally in one spot and “magically” the whole floor is clean. Am I the only one who expected Sims to actually roll the vacuum around and go into each individual room? Idk maybe my expectations were unrealistically high.
    yeah but also kinda handy, especially if you got a huge house and/or floors/rooms where the cleaning sim cant enter or doesnt have enough space to vacuum.

6) It doesn’t feel like it was worth $5 so far.
    does to me, new gameplayobject, 2 new aspirations, new moodlets and dustBUNNIES!
    well...I got it for 4, something € tho, if that matters.

I'd like to add:
    It bothers me that spellcasters cant clean the dust with scruberroo, big oversight.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I had my slob sim's home so dirty that even they complained about the mess, every toilet, shower and sink dirty, dust fiends aplenty and it still wasn't enough.

yes, it ticked off for me and the floor was just really dusty no other messes, might be a bug for you?
    Maybe try cleaning it and letting it get dirty again?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

I own so few packs that the dust bunnies have so far found me plates of food and toys.
  • AmyHxAmyHx Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Turning it off stops the dust visuals, bunnies, fiends, and sparkles. But it doesn’t turn off the buffs. I don’t know if that’s a feature or a bug. If you don’t mind mods Zero has several and they turn off different aspects of the packs, including the buffs. I can’t post the link because he uses a censored word in it and the forums puts the ❤️s in the link which then causes an error 404 when it’s clicked. *sigh* so...
    >
    > The mod is free on his Patreon it’s the fourth post down in his Recent Posts section.

even when I turned it off I still get dust visuals fiends and dust bunnies the only thing it turns off for me is the sparkles and hoovers
    calaprfy wrote: »

It didn’t tick off in mine either and it was so bad even I was feeling skeeved out by it. So I used UI cheats Extension to tick it off manually.
    AmyHx wrote: »
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Turning it off stops the dust visuals, bunnies, fiends, and sparkles. But it doesn’t turn off the buffs. I don’t know if that’s a feature or a bug. If you don’t mind mods Zero has several and they turn off different aspects of the packs, including the buffs. I can’t post the link because he uses a censored word in it and the forums puts the ❤️s in the link which then causes an error 404 when it’s clicked. *sigh* so...
    >
    > The mod is free on his Patreon it’s the fourth post down in his Recent Posts section.

even when I turned it off I still get dust visuals fiends and dust bunnies the only thing it turns off for me is the sparkles and hoovers

After you turn it off leave the lot and come back. Many people are saying that resets the lot to clean. :)
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I’m really enjoying this kit. Quickly worked out they will Hoover all the time if the hoover is left in inventory so just took it out. If you want to micromanage who hoovers and how often, build a wee closet room in your house put the hoover in it and lock the door, then just drag hoover out when you want to use it.

The dust bunnies are awesome, stomping on them is probably my favourite thing about the pack. I’m loving playing my stay at home simmie, between laundry, hoovering, upgrading, cooking and knitting, she is always on the go! Not to mention the twin baby girls she had 😳
    The inspired moodlet you get from a clean home is so strong even the pets get it! And that's a problem because you often cannot tell if a pet requires veterinary attention.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I really liked the concept of this pack, but after reading and viewing some reviews on it I have decided to wait until it is balanced a bit better. If they don't end up doing that then I can see me searching for mods to fix the balance of it, but I am going to wait to see what they do.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The sims team added the Jungle Adventure items to things that the dust bunnies could find... so day 2 James Turner got 30000 simoleons...

@logion How did EA not notice this happening?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Leaving the house resets the cleanliness? So if I travel with a Sim to work or to visit someone and then come home, it'll revert back to like a neutral state?

I tried that. Lost the dust bunnies and fiend and now the place is permanently clean. I tried playing for 3 days and it's still sparkling and I only occasionally can check dust levels.

Also I can't complete the fabulously filthy aspiration. Before I left the lot and broke everything the house was filthy but it wouldn't complete the part where he had to fill his fun metre in dusty, dirty or filthy floor or to have at least one floor dusty, dirty or filthy.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2021
    logion wrote: »

@logion How did EA not notice this happening?

I don't know, it feels like some packs are not that well made when it comes to their game design. This was probably not picked up by their QA team because they thought this was by design (like the developers intended), I don't think they really check balance issues and discuss it a lot with the developers but they should...

Maybe if they could have more game designers assigned to their packs like SimGuruConor we would have less problems with this.
    Post edited by logion on
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The sims home frequently getting dirty is really annoying so is the sims stopping any interactions including taking care of their toddler's needs just to vacuum.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios