Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    jennlynh wrote: »
    I don't know if you guys know this but I found out from a Deli youtube. Dust bunnies can make you a lot of money. I had one find over $500 in about 15 minutes last night. The more dust bunnies the higher the payout LOL
    You don't even have to ask the bunnies for "treasure" all though that will award more money. As my sims sleep, more dust bunnies appear and sims make bank. I'm just letting my newly weds enjoy the extra cash until I mod it out or EA nerfs it. :D But it is annoying and makes money even easier than before.

James Turner is right... You really can do a Rags to Riches challenge with this OP feature. lol

Oh wow, I thought you only got money if you asked the dust bunnies to find treasure. But you’re saying that if you let them stay, they just randomly earn you money? Weird.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

My complaint is that it says it is clean, but the floor still looks filthy - vacuumed so many times and still looks really bad - only thing that helps is trying to cover it with rugs - different flooring does not help. Also have the autonomy issue, at least with the Neat Sim - she stops eating or anything to go vacuum - the slob sim does not, so at least that makes sense.

v7zCzzA.png
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

3) Sims automatically putting the vacuum cleaner into their inventory after use is annoying. I just want to be able to set the vacuum cleaner in the corner, have them use it, and then have them put it right back in the corner again.

That’s really disappointing! I really wanted to vacuum to be an object in the home. What’s the point it if it stays in inventory, then any sims can’t use it.

Also disappointed to hear that sims don’t go from room to room vacuuming! What’s the point of that. I was equally concerned it would either take too long to clean or things would remain dirty all the time. I’m also not interested in those buddies. They freak me out a bit.

I guess I’ll be waiting on this one or not getting it at all.

Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I don't know if you guys know this but I found out from a Deli youtube. Dust bunnies can make you a lot of money. I had one find over $500 in about 15 minutes last night. The more dust bunnies the higher the payout LOL
    You don't even have to ask the bunnies for "treasure" all though that will award more money. As my sims sleep, more dust bunnies appear and sims make bank. I'm just letting my newly weds enjoy the extra cash until I mod it out or EA nerfs it. :D But it is annoying and makes money even easier than before.

James Turner is right... You really can do a Rags to Riches challenge with this OP feature. lol

Oh wow, I thought you only got money if you asked the dust bunnies to find treasure. But you’re saying that if you let them stay, they just randomly earn you money? Weird.

I don't think it's the dust bunnies. I played tonight and have no dust bunnies but every so often I got these random amounts of money added to my household.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2021

I don't think it's the dust bunnies. I played tonight and have no dust bunnies but every so often I got these random amounts of money added to my household.

So if it is not the dust bunnies then where...

giphy.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Haha who knows. I seem to remember this money glitch happening before, a few years ago.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i looked at it and it looked kinda skimpy next to the country kitchen one
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don’t like this. It’s nice for people that do but I wish they had given us the option to turn it off. I’ve downloaded Zero’s mod to remove it. Sims already make way to much money to fast in the Sims 4.

So do they find you items and money even if you don't ask them to?

@elanorbreton The dust bunnies generate money automatically but you must ask them to find items (and if they aren't happy, they don't make the effort!).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @Chazzy, would that 5.) would happen in RL.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    My complaint is that it says it is clean, but the floor still looks filthy - vacuumed so many times and still looks really bad - only thing that helps is trying to cover it with rugs - different flooring does not help. Also have the autonomy issue, at least with the Neat Sim - she stops eating or anything to go vacuum - the slob sim does not, so at least that makes sense.

v7zCzzA.png

If you live drag the vacuum out of their inventory after they clean I am pretty sure you can avoid the autonomy issue with neat sims because I believe the vac has to be in their inventory to use it autonomously. Because butlers won’t vacuum on their own unless you gift it to them since that’s the only way to place in their inventory.

Also for your floors are you vacuuming lightly on individual dust piles, or vacuuming around by clicking the vac itself? Because when I vacuum around my floors look clean because that cleans the whole floor.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

v7zCzzA.png

This is random but it really annoys me that we need a separate table for sims to play chess...I wish they could set up the chess game on any table.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2021

This is good to know... I went into the game to record this happening because I assumed it was the dust bunnies. I even stepped on the one my sim befriended to rule out any influences. (didn't save - purely for testing)

I always have money flooding in at night time in different amounts randomly but it does pick up if the house is dusty.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

v7zCzzA.png

This is random but it really annoys me that we need a separate table for sims to play chess...I wish they could set up the chess game on any table.

If you don’t mind mods, I have had this in my game for a long time. I love it because I don’t always have room for a separate table, and sometimes the table available don’t fit the decor.

https://modthesims.info/d/584992/any-surface-chessboard.html
    @Pamtastic72 May have been a glitch from rotating. My slob sim lives in another apartment in the building and he got the dust piles. When I rotated back to my neat sim's apartment - that is how the floor looked - it was not the dust piles - just like dirty all over and footprints. She vacuumed a lot in various places, but it never changed. When I quit and came back to the game though - the floor was fine and had the sparkles.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    @AprilDawn Thanks for suggesting rotating households! My main save is a reverse harem set in this huge haunted mansion. It never got dusty even after a Sim week of playing and letting the dishes and trash pile up. In my build save, however, the house spawned dust after just a day of playtesting. I thought the dust might be conflicting with the events from the haunted residential lot type so I changed it back to a regular residential then switched households. Now the dust has finally settled lol.

But it makes me wonder if the haunted houses could actually accumulate dust? I think it might be just broken for me coz the build is kinda large and cluttered and the save itself is glitchy from too many gameplay mods.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @AprilDawn Thanks for suggesting rotating households! My main save is a reverse harem set in this huge haunted mansion. It never got dusty even after a Sim week of playing and letting the dishes and trash pile up. In my build save, however, the house spawned dust after just a day of playtesting. I thought the dust might be conflicting with the events from the haunted residential lot type so I changed it back to a regular residential then switched households. Now the dust has finally settled lol.

But it makes me wonder if the haunted houses could actually accumulate dust? I think it might be just broken for me coz the build is kinda large and cluttered and the save itself is glitchy from too many gameplay mods.

My haunted lot is generating dust. Temperance refused to help with the cleaning :'(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    edited March 2021
    CelSims wrote: »

My haunted lot is generating dust. Temperance refused to help with the cleaning :'(
    So, are you really complaining?

ETA, never mind.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

@orenjiAi I just know that rotating households in Sims 4 sometimes causes problems - especially with things that take time to happen, like sentiments and likely dust. I have almost always played rotationally since Sims 2 because that is the way I prefer to play, but the only game that did that really well was sims 2 because things stayed stationary when you rotated.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited March 2021
    Guess it’s time to go vanilla again. Oh well, I’m tired of the haunted house anyway, been wanting to change it back to a regular house for the longest time. lol

Bonehilda will. She’s the better roommate.
    @orenjiAi I just know that rotating households in Sims 4 sometimes causes problems - especially with things that take time to happen, like sentiments and likely dust. I have almost always played rotationally since Sims 2 because that is the way I prefer to play, but the only game that did that really well was sims 2 because things stayed stationary when you rotated.
    I know! I switched households so this one kid can go to college. Imagine my horror when I saw his mom in the dorms with a Roommate’s Girlfriend tag over her head. Anyway. Changing households fixed the dust issue for me. So thanks!
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    The sparkles are the most annoying thing for me. I only got this kit because I felt it was the only one that added extra gameplay. I bought the pack the day it came out and I've only had 1 dust bunny so far. My Sims don't stop other activities to vacuum, but my maid vacuumed the same spot for her whole entire shift.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

@Pamtastic72 May have been a glitch from rotating. My slob sim lives in another apartment in the building and he got the dust piles. When I rotated back to my neat sim's apartment - that is how the floor looked - it was not the dust piles - just like dirty all over and footprints. She vacuumed a lot in various places, but it never changed. When I quit and came back to the game though - the floor was fine and had the sparkles.

Ah, yeah sometimes reloading the lot can fix a lot of things.

So, are you really complaining?

ETA, never mind.

As you probably realized, I'm not complaining, some people are finding their haunted lot isn't generating dust so I wanted to comment that mine is :)

I had a sim living on a haunted empty lot and 0 simoleans. She made money from fishing to buy a 3x2 house and from then on was only allowed the money from dust bunnies. Biggest problem.. Stopping her from picking up the piles of dust even though she's a lazy sim /sigh.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hmm not sure why but the robot vacuum from C&D isn’t working at all for me. It rolls off the base and then stays in one spot.
    edited March 2021
    Hmm not sure why but the robot vacuum from C&D isn’t working at all for me. It rolls off the base and then stays in one spot.

@Chazzzy I have 3 of those in one house, 2 are working, the 3rd is having the problem you are. Maybe a random bug with them?

Is anyone living in a tiny house residential? My sim has been living in one for over a week and it's still pristine. My sim hasn't done any cleaning.

I alt tabbed back in and the house was getting dirty.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited March 2021
    I rotated to the Lykke family in Windenburg and switched the dust effect back on. The dust is relentless and, at one point, one floor was clean but the other looked dirty. And they do an annoying dust check animation every time they enter a new room.

Well, it didn't take long for dust bunnies to materialise. I noticed all sims ignored them so only slobs must acknowledge them. But I did notice sims picking up dust piles and putting them in bins. I placed a roomba on the upper floor but it zipped in between two dust bunnies!,

Befriending dust bunnies is a bit of a chore. It requires constant spamming of the "feed dust" and "pet" interactions. Though with three sims doing it one after the other, a new friend was made! Once befriended the dust bunny is apparently here to stay...but will probably still need tender loving care. Best place them where the most traffic is (like a passageway off the front door) so sims can care for them easily.

The butler was gifted a hoover (he didn't appreciate it) and he did an average job. So far, the butler doesn't clean enough to rid dust bunnies but does enough to prevent dust fiends. And the butler is not constantly hoovering.
    Post edited by calaprfy on