Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Chazzzy vacuums don't work off the grid. In my game yesterday i had the power conservation day and i couldn't use them during the hours that the power was off. It may have some upgrade that enables it to work off the grid, but i haven't checked...
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Most homes have wood floors thus a vacuum isn't needed. Either use a swifter or the robot cleaner. This appears to be a unthought money grab.

I vacuum my wood floors.
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    SimguruNinja said in the livestream that teens and kids would get responsibility from dusting/cleaning.
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    I agree that the speed that the house gets dirty is too fast. As for dust bunnies, I love them! 'n yes, it's annoying that in big families you have to buy gazillion vacuum cleaners or micro-manage.

My main actual complaint is that as far as I can see, teens and children don't get any Responsibility from using vacuum cleaner. Surely if they get that from all the other cleaning, as well as doing laundry or taking care of the hamster, they should get that from vacuuming as well?

Oh good! Then it either doesn't work as intended right now but should be fixed soon, or I somehow missed the green text signs from it. I also did try to stare at their values window and didn't see the value rising, but very good to hear that it's intended to do that, so hopefully fixed soon.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    telmarina wrote: »
    @Chazzzy vacuums don't work off the grid. In my game yesterday i had the power conservation day and i couldn't use them during the hours that the power was off. It may have some upgrade that enables it to work off the grid, but i haven't checked...

There’s an upgrade, it’s called Eco Power Cell or something like that. It will enable you to use it off the grid.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    SimguruNinja said in the livestream that teens and kids would get responsibility from dusting/cleaning.
    I agree that the speed that the house gets dirty is too fast. As for dust bunnies, I love them! 'n yes, it's annoying that in big families you have to buy gazillion vacuum cleaners or micro-manage.

My main actual complaint is that as far as I can see, teens and children don't get any Responsibility from using vacuum cleaner. Surely if they get that from all the other cleaning, as well as doing laundry or taking care of the hamster, they should get that from vacuuming as well?

Oh good! Then it either doesn't work as intended right now but should be fixed soon, or I somehow missed the green text signs from it. I also did try to stare at their values window and didn't see the value rising, but very good to hear that it's intended to do that, so hopefully fixed soon.

My kids are getting the little +Responsibility indicators when they vacuum but they’re small and the float by pretty quickly.
  • KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Most homes have wood floors thus a vacuum isn't needed.

umm.... you do still need to vacuum even if you have wood floors... i should know living in log cabin that gets dusty in record time

well unless ofcourse youd like to live among them dust bunnies

We need mobs and brooms.
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    I wish they would have added brooms, for off-the-grid and historical households. Hopefully a modder will add that, I won't be purchasing until then though.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Thanks for this thread. This was a pack initially I had no interest in but seeing some videos on it I think it will suit my gameplay style. I think I will wait a while to get it to see if any bugs are resolved.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    For people that have bought the kits, does the game save the current dust on a lot if you save a lot on the gallery?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    logion wrote: »
    For people that have bought the kits, does the game save the current dust on a lot if you save a lot on the gallery?

That is a good question. I do not think so, but that will require some testing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    This is the one pack I will never buy, yuck. I don't even like dust bunnies in real life & I'm not going to put my precious sims through that.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    So let me recap: Houses get dirty too quickly, public lots get dirty as well, some features don't work as intended, and the only way to avoid all that is to turn off the system entirely rather than just certain aspects of it, which would basically mean you spent 5€ on a decorative vacuum cleaner.

Ugh! I'm glad I found this thread. I was going to buy this kit, but not under these circumstances. You know, with big packs such as Snowy Escape, some bugs and questionable decisions are to be expected, and some things are going to need fine-tuning (*cough* lifestyles *cough*), but selling just one gameplay feature separately that still ends up being broken / poorly thought-out has to be a new record.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Some one in a different thread mentioned that the Cats & Dogs robo cleaner and the Discover University cleaning bots are not cleaning up the dust like Ninja said they would. Can any one confirm they have tried either of these and whether they worked please?

The Cats & Dogs robo works very well in my 3 story house. Haven't used the University bot yet, but I cannot hire a maid anymore. It doesn't grey out so the option to hire a scheduled maid is always there. :(
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Besides these "kits" just being microtransactions with a cute name, they're basically just stuff kept out of other packs and sold back to us piecemeal. Minimal effort for maximum profit.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

So basically it's either "on or off" for the dirt stuff. Hmm...

May be fun occasionally to play, but like the "Laundry" pack, I mainly got it for the build items and clothing. I rarely use the actual laundry in households. Though a few I do for fun. Usually apartments though. (Don't get me wrong, no complaints with the Laundry pack. But I did make sure you weren't forced to have laundry active everywhere before I bought the pack)

My point being I suppose that getting the vacuum cleaner pack for just an ornamental vacuum cleaner seems kinda meh.

Perhaps if it's improved, and the bugs repaired, then may be worth it. The only thing that catches my attention really is the "dust-bunnies" :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2021
    I could see the autonomy becoming an issue, but I'm stopping my sims from doing so much stuff ngl. other than that I haven't encountered anything annoying or weird with the kit. If I get tired of it I can just turn it off and then turn it on when I want the challenge. Perhaps they could have included a dust slider in the settings or a toggle for light or heavy dust accumulation, but honestly I've noticed that a little goes a long way with the vacuum, and I'm not sure I would want to have to dust every single room ALL the time, I think the level difference is enough. Can you imagine the whining that would have happened if sims had to vacuum every single room? Not saying they couldn't have included a setting for that though, I would've loved the choice, because sometimes I DO want my sims to go crazy. lol
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It's most likely the same as the laundry, that it's a gameplay effect and doesn't save with the lot.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I agree with you Admiral8Q. I only got Laundry Day for the CAS & Build Items also. I never use the actual Laundry stuff.
    And, I'll never get the Bust the Dust. I don't want my precious sims to start having sinus problems due to dust bunnies, even if they do look cute in the Sims 4.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I love the idea of vaccuming but these issues are the reason I never bought it. I expected our sims could walk around while vaccuming which would add to the realism.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have similar complaints actually but I feel it's less a pack problem and more of a general problem. Like those environment idols need to go. Eco playstyle brought the worse and they did it constantly I had to mod it out. And the way they would constantly react to a pristine reputation.

Things in this game generally go too fast. I'll need to mod it to make things get dirty in a more reasonable amount of time.

I hate that they put them in inventories but bikes are equally annoying. I love bikes but gate to get it to them because they put them in inventories and want to bike everywhere. I really want to display them. And have them use it at my command.

Yeah kinda weird they don't atleast wall around a little while vacuming 😅😅
    .oh and the sparkles don't bother me too much now but long term I'll probably mod it out lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Some one in a different thread mentioned that the Cats & Dogs robo cleaner and the Discover University cleaning bots are not cleaning up the dust like Ninja said they would. Can any one confirm they have tried either of these and whether they worked please?

I can definitely confirm that the robot vacuums from Cats and Dogs actually does clean up all the dust. I had 5 in my sim's home and never saw a speck of dust ever again. I don't know about the robots from DU, but I can confirm the roombas from C&D does the trick.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited March 2021
    • Played for 3 sim days with a slob sim.
    • Sim autonomously fed dust bunnies, appeased dust fiends and played in dust but did not hoover once.
    • Befriending dust bunnies proved impossible and a chore.
    • Dust fiends can find collectibles and clutter.
    • Sims can be scared of dust fiends!
    • Enjoying the extra revenue a happy dust bunny generates. Hope that doesn't get nerfed.
    • Getting a floor of a house dirty enough for the aspiration proved impossible.
    • With dust effects switched off, the game defaults to a clean status and sims constantly have positive moodlets. So you get the benefits of having a clean house without the effort. Sim was constantly inspired.
    • The best way forward is to have the owning of a vacuum trigger the dust. Because I don't fancy every household battling dust just like I don't have every household owning a washing machine to do laundry.
    Post edited by calaprfy on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited March 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    • The best way forward is to have the owning of a vacuum trigger the dust. Because I don't fancy every household battling dust just like I don't have every household owning a washing machine to do laundry.
    I was expecting them to do it that way, to be honest- following in the footsteps of laundry day.

But I guess it's not difficult just to go in the settings and untick the box if you decide to play a household where you don't want the dust. Though that may get old if you're rotating every few sim days like me!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    So, in other words OP, this is not a buyable object where the player can determine whether they want dust bunnies or not, and the object is not clickable but in the Sims' inventories? And the trait system is a fail again because shouldn't only neater Sims care about their homes, if it is dirty or not? I wonder how hard it would have been to code this to be a buyable object that produced the dust if you had the object on the lot, and how hard it would have been to code it that the player clicks the object to use, and or how hard it would have been to code only particular Sims would use it autonomously. I guess all that was too hard? Depth is Hard.

Would a creative Sim care if the house is messy if they spend most of their time and mind on artistic projects etc.? Would a perfectionist care...I think so, but what do I know about the complexity of gameplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I was expecting them to do it that way, to be honest- following in the footsteps of laundry day.

But I guess it's not difficult just to go in the settings and untick the box if you decide to play a household where you don't want the dust. Though that may get old if you're rotating every few sim days like me!

@elanorbreton Yes, I will be allowing dust only if household contains neat or slob sims.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I might be having issues with the maid service :grey_question: So I haven't had too much time to play but it's been a little over a sim day and the maid service should have arrived already.

I'll have to test this again and pull out mods in a clean save.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/