Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Kit Pack Reaction Thread

ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
Hi all,

I didn't think I saw a thread like this yet! I wanted to create a positive kit pack reaction thread where you can post your thoughts, game pictures and so forth.

My thoughts:

I've been playing around with the Bust the Dust kit and it's actually really interesting. Trying to build up a relationship with a dust bunny :heart:

The athletic casual type wear is actually really cute in CAS--the hat I can use outside of athletics which is great. The dress they made is really nice.

The country kitchen set is a hit for me! I actually updated my favorite house's kitchen with it (I combined this set with the parenthood one). :smile:
50997583298_ca3c7ef128_h.jpg
50998286351_2977bcc609_h.jpg

How about you?
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990
Post edited by ashcrash19 on

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I love both the idea of being able to selectively get what I want and the initial kits. I am confused about where the “tall” cabinet is. The kit was pictured with one, and there’s one in you pics too, but I can’t find it.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    I love both the idea of being able to selectively get what I want and the initial kits. I am confused about where the “tall” cabinet is. The kit was pictured with one, and there’s one in you pics too, but I can’t find it.

So when you go to click on one of the counters, you'll see a gear icon. If you click that you'll see the long counter option. If the gear doesn't pop up for whatever reason then turn the "auto counters" off. Hope that helps!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I love all three packs! The Dust pack is absolutely keeping me busy! I have several of the retro outfits on for one of my favorite and longest plaid sims and I've completely country kitchen'd the kitchen area and it looks fantastic. I noticed my sims are flambe 'ing food which I'd never seen before.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Metaphasic wrote: »

So when you go to click on one of the counters, you'll see a gear icon. If you click that you'll see the long counter option. If the gear doesn't pop up for whatever reason then turn the "auto counters" off. Hope that helps!

Oh... my... sims! I had no idea this even existed, and I’ve been playing and building since release! How did I not try turning off auto-counters all this time? I’ve always wondered how people got those half-tile overhead cabinets and tall ones, not to mention rounded corners. Thank you! Much appreciated!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I was reluctant at first, but the 'Country Kitchen' kit is so adorable! I love the aesthetic!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m finally able to have a country kitchen in my builds. The swatches on the parenthood counters I’ve never liked. After seeing some videos on the dust one the gameplay looks good and my sort of thing. For £5 each it doesn’t seem too bad.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    I love this idea. Yes, we have a fitness pack and snowy escape athletic gear, but throwback fit kit has the perfect cheerleader skirt and great sneakers!

I already uploaded a group of cheerleaders to the gallery.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bust the dust adds a lot more gameplay than most of the stuff packs we have.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love all the packs. The dust bunnies are so cute. I don’t like all the free money though. :D
  • Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    Ohhhh, I haven't bought any yet (because I only found out about them earlier, and I had to pay some bills, so gotta wait for payday), and I was originally just planning on the dust bites one. But those pictures have pretty much sold me on the country kitchen kit, too! It looks soooo cute!
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm having fun with it. Already redressed my sims in new fitness gear. I'm using some cabinets, floor and wallpaper in a gardening room and having fun with the house getting messy so my butler has more to do (well all of them do).
    For some reason I'm liking the dust kit more than laundry day gameplay wise. Not even sure why.
    I really want to make a filthy family with all the bad traits that make sense and bad lot traits soon.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm going to buy all the kit packs today. I love the clothes on the Throwback Fit Kit, especially the sweatpants and tops. The Country Kitchen items look really cute and Bust the Dust Kit is the one I'm mostly excited about, it looks fun.
    At first I thought I was only going to buy the Dust one, but I changed my mind after the livestream. I can save money on some other things, Sims 4 is my therapy and I'm just going to treat myself. Sims 4 is my only expensive hobby anyway.
    Happy Simming, everyone. :)
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I was really surprised and excited when I first read about the kits on the forum. Yet, I knew that I would purchase them because they compliment my family gameplay style. I'm really enjoying all three little kits.

By the way, this is my neat freak Sim. These dust bunnies don't stand a chance with her around.
    Neat-freak.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like bust the dust
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The Throwback Fitness items will make a good uniform for my Bro club.

• Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I haven't bought them yet but thinking about buying the Throwback fit Kit! I am all for that! ( I also really liked fitness stuff..) <3
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I got the Throwback Fit Kit yesterday and I love it as much as I thought I would. The colours and designs add something fresh to CAS that makes it fun to create outfits with the new items and other packs (especially Discover University). I am mostly going to use the items for everyday and partywear in my game and occasionally for athletic wear and sleepwear to wear around the house.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I appreciate you posting a pic of the matching fridge and stove. I was beginning to think there were no matching swatches to those counters for those appliances.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I appreciate you posting a pic of the matching fridge and stove. I was beginning to think there were no matching swatches to those counters for those appliances.

No problem! I was playing around with which colors I'd settle on, but I like them. :)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am in love with the dust bunnies! They so cute and that they can stay even when its clean if you befriend them is an awesome feature.
    The kitchen is very cozy, will post pics of mine when I get to it.
    @ashcrash19 your kitchen is gorgeous! Beautiful combination.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member

I got all three kits, but am having the most fun with the dust/vacuum set. The funniest thing I discovered is if you leave the Dust Bunnies to become Filth Fiends, the Fiends have a tendency to spontaneously combust and start a fire. :D My poor Sim had 3 fires at her place in a very short period of time.

On the flip side, the Fiends also can give gifts like the Bunnies do. I got what the notice called a "rotten vegetable" from one fiend, but it turned out to be a perfectly good Green Pea seed, so my Sim planted it. The bunnies gave money a lot of the time, but one gave my Sim a coconut. Cute!

filth-fiend-fire.png
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am in love with the dust bunnies! They so cute and that they can stay even when its clean if you befriend them is an awesome feature.
    The kitchen is very cozy, will post pics of mine when I get to it.
    @ashcrash19 your kitchen is gorgeous! Beautiful combination.

Thank you so much! It took longer than I want to admit to get the coloring the way I wanted it since the dining room ties into that room. :sweat_smile:
    cchant86 wrote: »

Wow! Had no idea they literally get fiery, haha! :sweat_smile:
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I was really surprised and excited when I first read about the kits on the forum. Yet, I knew that I would purchase them because they compliment my family gameplay style. I'm really enjoying all three little kits.

By the way, this is my neat freak Sim. These dust bunnies don't stand a chance with her around.
    Neat-freak.jpg

I was starting to get a little exhausted by the dust build up last night so I unchecked it and was happy my sims still get positive moods from vacuuming. I have a lot of domestic sims that surround my main characters and that's a great activity even if there isn't any dirt.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@Kerrigan .... The Sims houses are always so clean looking; so, this is a nice change of pace for me. My Sims need dust and dirt in their lives and this little kit delivers.

Plus, now I have a reason to add a butler. Meet Cadbury.
    Butler.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue