Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did or will you buy any of the kits?

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No
    I didn't purchase any of these kits. I'm not philosophically opposed to the idea of kits, so if one interests me in the future I will probably purchase it.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes
    For me personally, I find them fun. I normally would spend that same amount on coffee or breakfast/etc when I was at work in person most weeks--those were done within an hour or two and this I have lasting gameplay with.

I understand the anger/frustration and that money doesn't grow on trees, greediness etc.

I do think the price point is a bit greedy, though the concept of kits is interesting. I play Sims 4 to destress from every day life and my anxiety disorders. Gameplay and building are my loves with this game. These kits give me more of that. Wanted to give my two cents since it's a bit of an unpopular opinion right now.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Yes
    I haven't yet but I know I'm picking up BtD. The price is a bit much for these honestly so I might pass on the item ones but I do like the gameplay for BtD. The kitchen might win me over as well.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited March 2021
    I haven't bought any kits and I don't know if I ever will. First, I don't think the Sims 4 needed a fourth type of DLC. I personally would have preferred that the developers use their resources to fix the numerous bugs in the game, and to the extent that there is more DLC for the Sims 4, that they work on making quality EPs, GPs, and SPs (like Paranormal Stuff). Second, as I mentioned in other threads, IMHO kits are overpriced for what they offer. While the idea of giving players the option to buy only what they want is good in theory, in reality kits just feel like a way for EA to charge more money for less content. Based on the content, each kit should have at been priced at most at $3.33 (1/3 the price of a traditional stuff pack). I personally won't consider buying any kits unless they go on sale for around $1-2.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes
    I got the fitness and dust packs. I tend to like the little things.

I know a lot of people are saying they are overpriced and it's a cash grab but EA have had only £9.98 out of me since January 2020! :D

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    No
    I don't plan to but any of these kits.
    If they start releasing supernatural kits I would probably be more interested.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    The vacuum pack doesn't interest me, but I bought the other two.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Maybe
    As someone born in the eighties and who came of age in the 1990s, I'm sadly attracted to the 90s kit. However, I'm not nostalgic enough to pay $5. If they do a sale for $2.50 or even $3, that will probably judge me over. The kitchen one has some marginal appeal, and the idea of paying $5 for vacuum cleaners is hysterical to me. I'd pay $5 to make sure they never ever ever ever ever found their way into my game.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Maybe
    I probably won't buy any from this grouping of Kits unless by some miracle they go on sale, or I win one via giveaway. But depending on the themes of future kits, it's defintely a possibility.

It just has to be the right theme for me to consider it.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    I haven't and I won't. I'm not going to start attacking people for supporting this, but I personally don't see the value in these kits and don't want another form of monetization in just this one game.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Maybe
    I planned to, at first. Now, I think I'll wait to see exactly what future kits will give us and what content they will limit themselves to.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Maybe
    Imagine spending actual money on virtual dust.
    Come on guys, you can't just give in to every DLC that comes out. Are you really going to use 90s' themed athletic wear? (Then again, maybe it's just me who wouldn't.)
    I think that many people will eventually become annoyed at the dust and will turn it off.
    But I mean, you do you...

I mean, I spend more money on 1 Frappuccino from Starbucks than I would be on a pack. So the price isn't a huuuge deal to me.

It's just the themes that were released already didn't interest me that much. The 90s athletic wear is the one that appeals to me most, lol. :tongue:

babajayne wrote: »
    None of the kits interest me, that’s not to say any future kits won’t, but I am only going to buy something if it makes this game more fun.

That's how I feel about it. If something interests me in a kit, I'll buy it. I like occults, so if it's anything occult, gothic, or dark, I'll be interested. Or if they go really niche like a vaporwave based kit I'd buy it lol.

See this is me right here. Lol. Not as much the gothic or dark part. But occults? Absolutely. Or even minorly occult related if I'm being honest.

I haven't bought any of them yet. I am not really an impulse buyer and so far nothing in these 3 kits are something that I "must have".
    • I don't care for the clothing, it's not my style.
    • The kitchen looks nice, but I was a little turned off by the "worn" rustic look. I need to see if there are non-worn swatches before I purchase it.
    • I do like realistic and mundane activities for my sims to do, so the vacuum kit adds to that, but I'm willing to wait and see what other packs they come out with before I purchase it, because again ... that's not a "must have" purchase to me.

But, the concept of the kits are perfectly fine by me and I'm sure by the end of TS4 I'll have purchased quite a few.

To me, this is no different than buying digital books for my kindle, I'll spend sometimes $5-$7 for a book that I'll read over a couple day span and never read it again because I always remember what happened in the story.

But more content for a game is something that I would use over and over if I liked it, so yeah, I'll buy the ones that I like in the future, just not too keen on these 3. (Hopefully these weren't the "best of the best" just to entice us).

This my thought process as well. Except for me, it's just Starbucks instead of Kindle books. I don't think twice about buying my favorite Frappuccino which is gone in a matter of hours. And since I get customizations it's even more expensive than a kit. So why would I throw a fit about spending less on something I'm going to get multiple uses out of?

As long as I like the theme of the kit.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    No interesting gameplay going on here and I still think the concept is dumb. Hard pass.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes
    Purchased them already and I am not disappointed in my decision :):)
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Yes
    I'll pay for anything that comes out. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    No
    I believe that I (and everyone else who has invested in packs) have spent too much money on the Sims already and the lack of updating to the game play and build/buy mode is boring me to the point of not wanting to play anymore. a $5 kit with 8 items will not change my mind on that. There is soo little in these packs they could have just given them to us in a patch or just put it into one stuff pack.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Yes
    Yep, the country kitchen. Can't wait to make over my sims' kitchen in their southern farmhouse! I might get the BtD kit next month. No interest in the CAS set, I seldom use EA stuff on my sim, there's too much great CC out there. And EA clothes are UGLY.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    Nope I have no desire to have dust bunnies or another kitchen set and the clothing style does not feel 90s and is pretty ugly with only 2 items for male Sims in horrible colors they made it so easy to not want them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes
    The Dust Kit!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Yes
    I love the look of the bust the dust one especially as it looks like it would fit well into any gameplay. For the price it is at, I would definitely pay for that new feature.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2021
    Maybe
    I might, if they cut the price in half (like with a sale or something). I'm unsure about the rest of the world, but the price in Aus is $8.00...Eight, freaking dollars...Wth? Like, ok I can understand that price for Bust the Dust because it has gameplay, but for Throwback Fitness and the Kitchen set, nuh-uh, no way captain that's far too expensive. Make those other two sets cost like $2.50 or something and I'll consider it, but for $8.00, feck off.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yes
    I bought all 3 today.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Maybe
    After watching a few videos of players reviewing and using items in each kit I can say that the only kit that I might buy is the Country Kitchen Kit. However, I'm not going to buy it at full price because of the wall cabinets. I thought people were being too critical until I saw the issues they found with corner cabinets, gaps, and limited options. The counters, stoves, and refrigerators look nice though. Half price - maybe.

Bust the Dust Kit - I probably won't buy it because it doesn't offer anything that I want in my game.

Throwback Fit Kit - This one is a definite "No" because male sims and children were overlooked again and three more midriff tops for females is pathetic.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Yes
    I bought the kitchen kit, because I’m on console and don’t have the option of CC. I mostly build these days, and there’s not enough variety for furniture. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m hoping for beds, bathrooms, build mode stuff like window/door architectural style kits in the future.

I have zero need for more chores when I actually drag out my game save and pretty much knew the vacuuming of puddles, sand, and snow would be a thing, but if they add any activity kits that I might use, I’ll grab it.

• Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Yes
    I got the dust kit. Not really interested in the other kits. If the kitchen set came with casserole recipes that would've been an
    easy buy.