Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did or will you buy any of the kits?

Comments

• GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Yes
    I bought Bust the Dust to get a feel for object/gameplay-based kits and honestly, so far, I like it. New Aspirations! Two! And I like them. Now, as for CAS/Build-buy based kits... hard pass. Unless there's specifically one that's like 70s, 80s and 90s stuff because I'm obsessed with that crap.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    I do not intend to ever buy a kit. $5 for a single kitchen, some workout clothes, or for dirty floors. The dustbunnies were cute and all, but for $5, I can buy dinner. I can buy toilet paper. If I'm cheap, I can buy both!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    None of the kits interest me, that’s not to say any future kits won’t, but I am only going to buy something if it makes this game more fun.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited March 2021
    No
    I bought two of them but I don't see myself buying the fitness clothing anytime soon. I just don't have a need for it.

(I also read it wrong and thought it asked if I would be buying all of them)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    I bought the Bust the Dust. Initially i was more interested in the cas kit but i think it's overpriced, both cas and bb kits... Bust the Dust has more content than many of other stuff packs though. Not cas and bb content but plain gameplay. I've been playing for a couple of hours and so far im enjoying. It adds challenge.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No
    Nope but I am enjoying the quality of life updates with Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Maybe
    babajayne wrote: »
    None of the kits interest me, that’s not to say any future kits won’t, but I am only going to buy something if it makes this game more fun.

That's how I feel about it. If something interests me in a kit, I'll buy it. I like occults, so if it's anything occult, gothic, or dark, I'll be interested. Or if they go really niche like a vaporwave based kit I'd buy it lol.

• AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    No
    Imagine spending actual money on virtual dust.
    Come on guys, you can't just give in to every DLC that comes out. Are you really going to use 90s' themed athletic wear? (Then again, maybe it's just me who wouldn't.)
    I think that many people will eventually become annoyed at the dust and will turn it off.
    But I mean, you do you...
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Yes
    Imagine spending actual money on virtual dust.
    Come on guys, you can't just give in to every DLC that comes out. Are you really going to use 90s' themed athletic wear? (Then again, maybe it's just me who wouldn't.)
    I think that many people will eventually become annoyed at the dust and will turn it off.
    But I mean, you do you...

Yes, you can turn the dust off and still use the vacuum cleaners and get benefits from it. The dust feature is just another challenge.
  • Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    Yes
    I'm planning on at least getting the dust bites one. That looks cute, plus, new aspirations! I look forward to what they'll have in the future.
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Maybe
    If these things ever go on sale, I'll probably buy one.
    At full price? None. Unless at some point one appears with a gameplay object/feature that I really really want.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Maybe
    I'm not interested in the clothing kit, and I'm not too jazzed about the vacuums either. However, I do like the kitchen, but I won't buy it unless the cost is lower. Right now, it's a maybe from me. I'm waiting to see what else they release in the future before I fully decide how I feel about kits.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Yes
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Ooh I was bad well originally I wanted the hover (vacuum) and the kitchen set, then I saw all the items and in different swatches in the throwback fitness kit, then I was like I'm having that too 😂, all my households have a hover, one of my families had their kitchen redone and my sporty sim is loving her new clothes 🤣 so thats what happened 😂

@Nikkih whrre did you see the different colored swatches?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2021
    No
    None of these three holds any interest to me. Also as I have stated before, they must get down in price to below $2.50 for me to consider them worth it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Ooh I was bad well originally I wanted the hover (vacuum) and the kitchen set, then I saw all the items and in different swatches in the throwback fitness kit, then I was like I'm having that too 😂, all my households have a hover, one of my families had their kitchen redone and my sporty sim is loving her new clothes 🤣 so thats what happened 😂

@Nikkih whrre did you see the different colored swatches?

On the livestream we saw some swatches and I saw all the clothing before I bought it @SheriSim57
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Maybe
    So far I'm not interested and won't buy any of the first 3, but I can imagine future kits being more appealing. Maybe.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    Maybe
    voted before knowing what the kits were all about.

I bought two of them.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    If they release world kits they might tempt me, but until then, no.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    I haven't bought anything yet, but will get the dust kit eventually, and... that's probably all, at least from the current selection. I'm not opposed to buying more kits in the future if they come with themes and items I like, and if not, well, they're easy to ignore.

The CAS one, for example, is totally not my style, but even if I happen to download a sim from the gallery that ends up missing some clothes because they're from this kit, whatever, I would have replaced them anyway. The country kitchen would be nice to have, but feels overpriced for what it is, I might as well get similar-looking cc for free.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    I've been out on a break mainly due to being very busy in my daily life. I just saw this and didn't know anything about it before.

I actually like the concept. I've been thinking that people have been getting so specific about their tastes that maybe we need more customization. I get that it's drifting a little bit into micro-transaction territory but as long as nothing is required to have an advantage at playing the game and it's really just extra customized stuff, I'm fine with it.

I did ask for a French country kitchen so yes, I'll get it. I'm undecided about the other two. They can put out more of these as long as they release more in-depth packs. Maybe they'll shift more stuff in this direction and focus the other packs on more gameplay. Not a bad thing IMO.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    No
    These kits reek of EA’s greed for money. I’m convinced TS4 doesn’t have CASt simply because they would rather sell you the same objects only with slightly altered models and new colors...
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Maybe
    I'll probably wait for a kit that catches my interest. I don't really care for the ones that are available now. I might still get them, but it'll be last on my list.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited March 2021
    Maybe
    I haven't bought any of them yet. I am not really an impulse buyer and so far nothing in these 3 kits are something that I "must have".
    • I don't care for the clothing, it's not my style.
    • The kitchen looks nice, but I was a little turned off by the "worn" rustic look. I need to see if there are non-worn swatches before I purchase it.
    • I do like realistic and mundane activities for my sims to do, so the vacuum kit adds to that, but I'm willing to wait and see what other packs they come out with before I purchase it, because again ... that's not a "must have" purchase to me.

But, the concept of the kits are perfectly fine by me and I'm sure by the end of TS4 I'll have purchased quite a few.

To me, this is no different than buying digital books for my kindle, I'll spend sometimes $5-$7 for a book that I'll read over a couple day span and never read it again because I always remember what happened in the story.

But more content for a game is something that I would use over and over if I liked it, so yeah, I'll buy the ones that I like in the future, just not too keen on these 3. (Hopefully these weren't the "best of the best" just to entice us).
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    No
    No I will not buy these and quite frankly I'm also giving up on playing The Sims altogether now. I spent way too much on it as it is (all DLC except Batuu) and won't fall into a trap where it's; "Oh it's only $5, I'll buy it" and then 4 kits later you spent $20 on some minor things just because I got tricked.

So I suppose this is the last post I'll make until The Sims 5.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I probably will get a few kits at some point. I want to wait a bit to see if these kits ever go on sale. But if they offer gameplay or an item I really want, then I don't see why not.