Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how good do you think paralives will be in comparison to sims 5

DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
edited March 2021 in Off Topic Chat
I wanted this to be something you have to really think about so i put sims 5 not sims 4
Post edited by Dragonmasterleo on

how good do you think paralives will be in comparison to sims 5 15 votes

very bad - i think the game is going to be the worst game ever
0%
bad - i don't think it will be very good in comparison to the sims 5
40%
BabykittyjademintycupcakeDeKaySeashoreLiviaSimAlexandriaGeralt_ofRivia 6 votes
okay - i think it will be about the same
6%
SimSpock 1 vote
good - i think it will be better in some aspects, but not anything too major
20%
GabbyGirlJSERVERFRANushnushganay 3 votes
very good - i think that it will outperform the sims 5 in most if not all aspects
26%
icmnfrshSassycottoncody6268Dragonmasterleo 4 votes
extremely good - i think that it will outperform the sims 5 so much that EA will give up on the genre (like simcity)
6%
sikasika18 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    bad - i don't think it will be very good in comparison to the sims 5
    Oh, I totally forgot about Paralives. That's really hard to say cuz we haven't even seen anything from The Sims 5. 😂 But I have hope that TS5 will be way better than TS4.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    okay - i think it will be about the same
    Honestly I haven't got a clue, so I chose the middle category. Regarding Paralives, there doesn't seem to be any game yet built around the interesting looking graphics engine. The team is small, and I don't know how much experience they have with this type of simulation programming. Not sure when/if it will be finished. On the other hand, the current rumor mill seems to envision TS5 with a significant online component. That's a major turn off for me.

Now, if the question were about the mystery Sims game that can't yet be confirmed as a Sims game by Paradox, my answer would be that I expect it to be innovative, fun, and deep.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2021
    very good - i think that it will outperform the sims 5 in most if not all aspects
    I think that we're going to end up having a situation akin to Paradox/Cities Skylines vs. Sim City (5)/EA situation very soon. And, really ironic in that while not expressly stated, Sim City was the fifth installment, and presumably what TS5 will be as well.

So far, from what's been in the roadmap and Patreon/Steam posts, there's a lot of features TS4 doesn't have, and probably won't bother with. But, I've been playing TS2 for about two years now. Paralives doesn't even have a playable alpha/beta yet. They recently revealed the revamped Parafolk mesh, and I'm still on the fence about that. Still, even though TS4 Sims are stylized, they're slightly more photorealistic. And it's planned to be cheaper. But, even though I have several more hours of TS4--the better TS4 already exists--it's called TS3 and TS2. The well-received features from all three need to make TS5 in my opinion in order to make it successful for TS4's critics (myself included). I feel that some recent decisions that have received quite negative reception (kits, Journey to Batuu), prove that EA is wanting to monetize TS4 as long as they can without bothering developing a new game.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I guess it depends whether Paralives is going to have at least the kind of gameplay in which things happen, without the player having to make everything happen as with action figures.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hopefully extremelly good (not in comparison but in absolute) because i love life simulations :) I can play both...
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think they will be anything alike
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    They will not be the same because the budget is very different. So I think we can expect things like a much simpler UI, maybe simpler graphics etc.

I think were Paralives will be better than the sims is in terms of innovation and features and it will probably also be much better over time as they will keep improving it after it's release, unlike the sims where they are mostly just focusing on making packs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Who knows. However, I hope Paralives will be the compation that EA needs to smarten up.