March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Kits - Bite-size packs, big possibilities

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Kits are mini collections of content made to boost your playstyle with more choices—and more ways for you to Play With Life!

THROWBACK FIT KIT
Outfit your Sims in retro‑inspired athleisure looks!

Take it back to nostalgic colors, bold patterns, and trend-forward silhouettes with these all-new Create-a-Sim items to elevate your Sims’ fashion.

xb07j24u6m4o.png

COUNTRY KITCHEN KIT
Build the charming kitchen of your Sim’s dreams!

From vintage refrigerators to casserole dishes, these Build/Buy objects offer a delightfully trendy take on a timeless style. The kitchen is the heart of the home for a reason!

46lhdwik0ky2.png

BUST THE DUST KIT
Dust off the vacuum and tidy up!

Got dust? Yes, you do! Conquer chores with new buffs and rewards, vacuums to help fight the good fight, and aspirations related to cleanliness—or befriend your dust bunnies.

8ztrteeir3e9.png

Click here to find out more.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    edited March 2021
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So I assume the kits will be available after this stream?
    calaprfy wrote: »
    So I assume the kits will be available after this stream?

I believe they're available now.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    I'm tuning in!
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    Thank you for letting us know about the livestream, I have it open in another tab waiting for it to start.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,381 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. I can't watch this evening but will look for a recap tomorrow.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you :) i was just saying that i'ld need to know more info to make my mind. I'll wait for the livestream then...
    telmarina wrote: »
    Thank you :) i was just saying that i'ld need to know more info to make my mind. I'll wait for the livestream then...

Get on over there, tel, it's like 50 seconds away!
    There are actually some really cute pieces in the Throwback pack. Some pretty pastels.
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    So you've finally done it. You've added microtransactions to The Sims. Giving it a cute name does not take away that fact at all. Let's just call it like it is.
    There are actually some really cute pieces in the Throwback pack. Some pretty pastels.
    The only item in that kit I like is the little skirt.

The kitchen is rather gorgeous. Even lil hinges on the cabinets!
    I love the tee-shirt dress and the three piece jacket and shorts set.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Well I can see the good point in this, packs require a theme and everything in the pack has to go with that theme, this allows us more content if we want it that wouldnt go with the theme, something extra
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    OMG OMG OMG YESSSSS
    Dusting has cross pack functionality with Parenthood. Effects character values. You can vacuum your toddler. :p
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh i couldn't watch it all 😥😥 i did watch the cas and bb ones... so how's the bust the dust? Can anyonr fill me in?
    *i love the cas one!!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    The kitchen set pack has a lot more than it first looked. There's a bunch of clutter, completely new types of kitchen pieces, a new floor, a new wall, a good amount of swatches for all, and the quality looks mint. I absolutely love the black set. I think it's probably worth the money, but remains debatable depending on personal taste and play style. I think I'm going to get this one because I love the shabby, dark potential.

The gameplay Kit almost goes above and beyond the cost. It's quite extensive, the way Knitting, Laundry and Paranormal gameplay is. It's still not for me but I found it to be quite in depth, full of options and hilarious. Definitely worth the cost and actually a bargain.

The CAS one I feel fell very short. In comparison to the other two, it just doesn't seem worth the same price as the others. I think if it had included some hair styles and a few more outfits it would have been more reasonable. But one hat (for all ages), one pair of shoes, minimal options for kids and men and only a few for women...I think it needs to be stepped up. I love CAS and creating Sims, but I most likely won't get this one.

I understand now the reasoning for these kits. They are extra focused and specifically designed for certain play styles (Stylist/Sim Creator, Builder, Gameplayer) and include some misfit themes that may not appeal to the general public so won't take up space and budget in the larger packs nor be stretched to fit a Stuff Pack. It's an interesting angle, but I think they need to work on the balance for the CAS to make it worth it. And I still need to see if I feel it affects the larger packs or not. I have always felt that EPs need more but GPs are great. And doesn't this mean that some devs are now taking time to work on these so won't be contributing as much to larger packs? We'll see what happens.
    #Team Occult
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Dusting has cross pack functionality with Parenthood. Effects character values. You can vacuum your toddler. :p
    That is nice! It seems like it is really well done. Now i really wanna know what other themes they pick in the future for the gameplay kits.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    The hover (vacuum) is awesome my sims daughter made a mess and all my sims had to do is hover it up 😂, their kitchen got redone aswell, busy family and my sporty sim loves her new clothes 😊
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    I like the 1980's Throwback Clothing & the off-the-grid Country Kitchen.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Oh i couldn't watch it all 😥😥 i did watch the cas and bb ones... so how's the bust the dust? Can anyonr fill me in?
    *i love the cas one!!

Bust The Dust:
    • works with the robot vac from C&D
    • works with maids
    • works with existing traits in game, so lazy sims won't autonomously clean much, slobs won't care if it's dirty, neat sims will be very uncomfortable in dirty environments and be more compelled to clean autonomously, as will squeamish sims, and foodies will find it hard to cook if it's dirty.
    • It can be difficult to woohoo in dirty homes if your sim isn't a slob
    • there are 2 new aspirations
    • kids can earn Parenthood traits for helping vacuum if you have that pack installed.
    • The cleaning bot from Discover University works with the dust system
    • If the environment is really dirty some sims will "rage clean" and gain energy from it.
    • you can turn off dust effects in the current household and just have the vacs for aesthetics if you like
    • You can encourage/demand other sims to clean for you
    • ETA: Vacuums can be upgraded with many features including the ability to work off the grid!
    • Filth Fiends can spontaneously combust if they get angry enough.

That's just what I can remember. If you can watch a replay of the stream I highly recommend it. BTD is the last pack he covers but he goes deep into it. There's not a lot of BB and no CAS but there's a ton of gameplay.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I glad BTD works with the robot vacuums from C&D because I swear those things needed more use.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,381 Member
    *i love the cas one!!

Bust The Dust:
    • works with the robot vac from C&D
    • works with maids
    • works with existing traits in game, so lazy sims won't autonomously clean much, slobs won't care if it's dirty, neat sims will be very uncomfortable in dirty environments and be more compelled to clean autonomously, as will squeamish sims, and foodies will find it hard to cook if it's dirty.
    • It can be difficult to woohoo in dirty homes if your sim isn't a slob
    • there are 2 new aspirations
    • kids can earn Parenthood traits for helping vacuum if you have that pack installed.
    • The cleaning bot from Discover University works with the dust system
    • If the environment is really dirty some sims will "rage clean" and gain energy from it.
    • you can turn off dust effects in the current household and just have the vacs for aesthetics if you like
    • You can encourage/demand other sims to clean for you

That's just what I can remember. If you can watch a replay of the stream I highly recommend it. BTD is the last pack he covers but he goes deep into it. There's not a lot of BB and no CAS but there's a ton of gameplay.

Thanks for the recap. I like that we can turn the dust system off. I might get this pack at some point after all.

Was there any talk about dust in off the grid lots because I assume vacuum cleaners need power?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    the vaccum stuff should have been in the base game, and the country kitchen should have gone with Kitchen pack.
    6adMCGP.gif