Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Memories Hint for The Sims 4?

Could memories like The Sims 2 or 3 be coming to the Sims 4 in an upcoming update? The current memory system in The Sims 4 is difficult to use, and doesn't have much lore to it like The Sims 2 did. We want lore!

https://youtu.be/oKocS4CJ7uM

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Like everything else with TS4, I'll believe it when I see it. But I hope they do eventually implement a more meaningful memories system.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love more Lores in Sims 4 not Memories.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never paid attention to Memories in past games, so I don’t think they would be of any use to me now in TS4.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I hope this is true. KawaiiStacie's memory system is good but an official version would be great.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    The only system of memory that I use, is the one that comes with MCCC and then only so that my sim remembers people who he has met throughout the game. I hate how, they seem to forget people over a relative short period of time.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I don't want a full memory system because I play so many sims and I think it would slow down my game without really for a good reason. I would not mind it introduced for all who want it, but preferably with an option to turn it off or at least reduce the level. My sims could remember that they got a job (hm, why should they?), remembering a fight would be ok (but they probably have the sentiment for that?). But they don't need to remember every time they kissed or ate so and so food. Or if they saw a fun TV show, or if they got wet in the rain etc. It would mean thousand of memories saved per sim - for what use?

I like the sentiments system, and they could rather add a few more sentiments or make some of them last "life long". We definitely need more personality, and I think there is already lots of info stored in the game that could be used in smarter ways - such as the stats we can find in the Simology panel, like "how many times they did so and so", I never understood what most of that is used for, but the game probably use it somehow. It's interesting seeing how different those stats actually are.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I don't want a full memory system because I play so many sims and I think it would slow down my game without really for a good reason. I would not mind it introduced for all who want it, but preferably with an option to turn it off or at least reduce the level. My sims could remember that they got a job (hm, why should they?), remembering a fight would be ok (but they probably have the sentiment for that?). But they don't need to remember every time they kissed or ate so and so food. Or if they saw a fun TV show, or if they got wet in the rain etc. It would mean thousand of memories saved per sim - for what use?

I like the sentiments system, and they could rather add a few more sentiments or make some of them last "life long". We definitely need more personality, and I think there is already lots of info stored in the game that could be used in smarter ways - such as the stats we can find in the Simology panel, like "how many times they did so and so", I never understood what most of that is used for, but the game probably use it somehow. It's interesting seeing how different those stats actually are.

I liked the sims 2 memory system, they remembered their first kiss, when they got married, and stuff like that