Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Honestly I'm surprised I haven't already heard anyone talking about this, but for anyone who doesn't know the Sims team announced in the anniversary livestream that Bunk Beds are coming at the end of March.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously this seems a pretty random time to release an item so it makes logical sense that it's going to be in a pre pack update. And looking at the possible upcoming packs, there's only really one pack that it would make sense with - Generations. They also did the same with ladders last year, they were added in a pre pack patch before Eco Lifestyle so it makes sense that they would do the same again and then with the pack they'd include more versions of bunk beds

If you look at the release timetable it also perfectly adds up. Eco Lifestyle came out at the start of June, 5 months later Snowy Escape came out at the start of November. 5 months after that is... the start of April. There's also usually two other releases between expansions, people have been theorising game packs but I think these "kits" mark the second release so it's very likely an expansion will be next after them.

If you look at the calender, it also all makes sense timescale wise. The bunk bed announcement specified late March so I'd assume the last few days of March, patches usually come out on a Tuesday and the last Tuesday is the 30th aka the very end of March. Expansions usually come out on Fridays, so this would mean that if I'm right the pre-pack update with bunk beds will happen on March 30th, and the pack will come out April 2nd!

So if this is right, which is an if but I think it's likely, this is the timeline I'm expecting
    • Kits Annoucement (Confirmed): March 2nd
    • Kits Release: March 5th
    • 16th/9th March: Generations Trailer Reveal
    • March 30th: Pre-Pack Update (With Bunk Beds!)
    • April 2nd: Generations Released

I think from what we've seen kits are gonna be a quick release, they're gonna announce them and then push them out the same week. The pre-pack patch for kits most likely was the anniversary patch hence why all the details have been leaked as they were included in the code for the patch. I think they also know kits are gonna be controversial hence why they announced bunk beds early at the same time..

(And also not to brag but I'd also like to point out that last May I posted that a winter vacation is very likely to come out that fall and I think that was one of the first speculation threads made on it last year, and I also posted that there was gonna be a vacuuming pack last June so yknow...)

Bunk beds could release with Resorts and Hotels as well.

Are there ever any resort or hotels that provide bunk beds in their rooms?

Prisons and the military traditionally provide bunk beds. However, they are also popular with summer camps for kids/teens and ski cabins also do provide rooms with bunk beds.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I wouldn't think April, but I think it's possible we'll get it in June. True, the June-Nov cycle is 5 months. But in 2018, 2019 and 2020 we got the EPS in June and November. I think they'll stick to that quite honestly.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited February 2021
    i like how it just goes
    " getting married, having baby, dying"
    ah yes the 3 major long term desires :lol:

there has been tons of romance mentions in last few packs and even in birthday update they had couple nods towards that so I am really wishing for next ep or gp to expand romance gameplay ;;

if not im gonna just :bawling:

generations could possibly help but I still need romance before my sims go unleashing any babies cause i mean if no romance there aint babies to unleash u kno
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    generations could possibly help but I still need romance before my sims go unleashing any babies cause i mean if no romance there aint babies to unleash u kno

What about the aliens?
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I honestly believe a pack is due. In my opinion, they wouldn't simply release bunkbeds just for releasing it, without a pack behind it. It seems more likely it'll be a situation just like dishwashers/loungechairs - that were part of a pack but also added to base game.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
    edited February 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

What about the aliens?

I'm sure they would want to be loved too :kissing_heart:

maybe they wouldn't always feel need to abduct everyone if they had their own earth gf or bf or nonbinaryf

What about the aliens?

maybe they wouldn't always feel need to abduct everyone if they had their own earth gf or bf or nonbinaryf

Lol, are you suggesting they are such bad apples they need to look to earthlings to find love? :lol:
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I could go for a romance or a school pack right about now. I’m definitely leaning more towards the romance though but the bunks would make more sense with a school pack plus the nifty knitting trailer hint...

It could be either or, tbh!

What about the aliens?

Lol, are you suggesting they are such bad apples they need to look to earthlings to find love? :lol:

I mean perhaps they have other aliens to date but they probably have to leave everyone on home planet going on their saucer trips

cause saucer is too small for big party of aliens

so like they'll be feeling quite lonely by the time they get to earth and want to find someone to play with

having earth boo could certainly help with saucer fever at least ~

What about the aliens?

I mean perhaps they have other aliens to date but they probably have to leave everyone on home planet going on their saucer trips

so like they'll be feeling quite lonely by the time they get to earth and want to find someone to play with

There is no "love" with the saucer guys.

What about the aliens?

have you actually tried? they can be pretty sweet : <

What about the aliens?

have you actually tried? they can be pretty sweet : <

Had a female sim abducted in my game. Can't tell if there was any romance involved while she abducted.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

Don’t forget Hostels. Been there. Done that.
    Some Holiday resorts have bunkbeds. Been there. Done that.

....Now I begin to wonder how on earth I always end up in a bunk bed when I’m on my holidays....

I’ve been tricked....

As long as I get the top bunk! 😛
    Cruise ships also have bunk beds in some of their cabins.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Really ?? I’ve seen several hotels that had bunk beds in family bedrooms. Also hostels have bunk beds. Maybe it’s more common in Europe ?
    Nicolea wrote: »
    Honestly I'm surprised I haven't already heard anyone talking about this, but for anyone who doesn't know the Sims team announced in the anniversary livestream that Bunk Beds are coming at the end of March.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously this seems a pretty random time to release an item so it makes logical sense that it's going to be in a pre pack update. And looking at the possible upcoming packs, there's only really one pack that it would make sense with - Generations. They also did the same with ladders last year, they were added in a pre pack patch before Eco Lifestyle so it makes sense that they would do the same again and then with the pack they'd include more versions of bunk beds

If you look at the release timetable it also perfectly adds up. Eco Lifestyle came out at the start of June, 5 months later Snowy Escape came out at the start of November. 5 months after that is... the start of April. There's also usually two other releases between expansions, people have been theorising game packs but I think these "kits" mark the second release so it's very likely an expansion will be next after them.

If you look at the calender, it also all makes sense timescale wise. The bunk bed announcement specified late March so I'd assume the last few days of March, patches usually come out on a Tuesday and the last Tuesday is the 30th aka the very end of March. Expansions usually come out on Fridays, so this would mean that if I'm right the pre-pack update with bunk beds will happen on March 30th, and the pack will come out April 2nd!

So if this is right, which is an if but I think it's likely, this is the timeline I'm expecting

I think from what we've seen kits are gonna be a quick release, they're gonna announce them and then push them out the same week. The pre-pack patch for kits most likely was the anniversary patch hence why all the details have been leaked as they were included in the code for the patch. I think they also know kits are gonna be controversial hence why they announced bunk beds early at the same time..

(And also not to brag but I'd also like to point out that last May I posted that a winter vacation is very likely to come out that fall and I think that was one of the first speculation threads made on it last year, and I also posted that there was gonna be a vacuuming pack last June so yknow...)

I’ve never been to a hotel with Bunkbeds I really don’t understand why people think that The two correlate with each other it makes way more sense for bunkbeds to come with a generation or a child who pack and that’s what I think will be next Not hotels or resorts even though I know many people want them I just don’t see that being the next game pack or expansion pack

• NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Really ?? I’ve seen several hotels that had bunk beds in family bedrooms. Also hostels have bunk beds. Maybe it’s more common in Europe ?
    maxresdefault.jpg

I’ve never been to a hotel with Bunkbeds I really don’t understand why people think that The two correlate with each other it makes way more sense for bunkbeds to come with a generation or a child who pack and that’s what I think will be next Not hotels or resorts even though I know many people want them I just don’t see that being the next game pack or expansion pack

Yes he has to be more common in Europe because I’ve been to many hotels and resorts in the US and I have never been to one that has bunkbeds

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes he has to be more common in Europe because I’ve been to many hotels and resorts in the US and I have never been to one that has bunkbeds

You probably didn't need one. :lol:

https://familyreviewguide.com/18-disney-hotels-bunks-beds/
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

You probably didn't need one. :lol:

https://familyreviewguide.com/18-disney-hotels-bunks-beds/

Oh wow that’s pretty cool I’ve been to Disney but we stayed in a house which is probably why I did not know they had hotels with them is very cool 😎
    First time for everything
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Don’t forget Hostels. Been there. Done that.
    Some Holiday resorts have bunkbeds. Been there. Done that.

....Now I begin to wonder how on earth I always end up in a bunk bed when I’m on my holidays....

I’ve been tricked....

As long as I get the top bunk! 😛

Right.. I forgot about Ski Lodge Resort they do have bunk beds usually, and you're right the top bunk is usually the most wanted but depends whether they have a railing around them or not lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I remain skeptical that we'll actually get a pack that has gameplay for all life stages, and I'm expecting a school years game pack rather than a Generations inspired Expansion pack.

That said, I'll be perfectly happy to be wrong.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

Iron Seagull has mentioned he's seen hotels with bunk beds.
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Chaton wrote: »
    Interesting speculation. I said in another thread that if these bunk beds come in a pre-pack patch, it is very likely that this pack will be kids or family-related (could be generations, school, or something similar). My bet is on a school pack (could be primary schools or high schools, or both).
    If we get that kind of pack, I hope improved babies will be patched in as well.

Me too, my game is like on hold because I am waiting for a baby update...

Lol, my game's on hold at the moment because I'm hoping for imminent romance updates. So much fun!

I don't know if I'd take bunkbeds as a sign that Generations is coming soon - very often pre-pack patches have nothing to do with the pack itself, like toddlers coming out right before vampires (you can make a toddler vampire, obviously, but the two things aren't strongly related). I am still hoping a March expansion pack might come, but the longer things go on the less likely that seems. They generally announce expansion packs about four weeks/a month in advance, so at this point something coming before the end of March doesn't seem likely. They might have pushed the announcement to celebrate the anniversary (which was already pushed for Black History Month), and maybe on Tuesday we'll get info on kits and other packs coming out this year or soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well in the Island Living Prepatch we got lounge chairs in the base game.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't think April, but I think it's possible we'll get it in June. True, the June-Nov cycle is 5 months. But in 2018, 2019 and 2020 we got the EPS in June and November. I think they'll stick to that quite honestly.

We could still get a Gamepack on Mar 31st and the Patch the Thursday before.
    i like how it just goes
    " getting married, having baby, dying"
    ah yes the 3 major long term desires :lol:

there has been tons of romance mentions in last few packs and even in birthday update they had couple nods towards that so I am really wishing for next ep or gp to expand romance gameplay ;;

if not im gonna just :bawling:

This.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    maxresdefault.jpg

Iron Seagull has mentioned he's seen hotels with bunk beds.

I strongly doubt they'd come with hotels, when I think bunk beds I think kids rooms and family houses not hotels. Sure some hotels have them but bunk beds are primarily a space saving thing for families with kids. If they're making a hotel pack the focus of it is gonna be running and owning hotels, hotel decor, staff, etc not bunk beds.

It makes a lot more sense for them to come with generations as the pack is literally about family life, and bunk beds are pretty popular for family gameplay so it just adds up. 99% of players aren't gonna want bunk beds for hotel decor they're gonna want them for their kids rooms... Bunk beds were also first added to the game with Generations in the Sims 3.