Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I would really like some way families can enjoy mealtimes round the dinner table instead of individually eating when hungry.

The workaround I have is to lock the kitchen for everyone but the butler, request the butler to cook a meal then drag it to the dinner table. But obviously I cannot do that with every household.

have everyone doing stuff and set the table (if you have parenthood) they'll sit at the place settings to eat.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2021
    This patch is announced without pack. It's probably just a hint for 2022 content.

The sliding doors + Caribbean content were added in August 2018 but Island Living came in June 2019.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This patch is announced without pack. It's probably just a hint for 2022 content.

The sliding doors + Caribbean content were added in August 2018 but Island Living came in June 2019.

I'm hoping for a road map at the end of the livestream for packs coming thru Summer.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member

I'm hoping for a road map at the end of the livestream for packs coming thru Summer.

me too! But I don't see it easily coming as they usually release a road map in April :(
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    As much as I would love a Generations pack I really hope they update the age groups. There is little difference between teens/adults/young adults/elders to the point that the "Reminise" interaction for Elders in Nifty Knitting just felt hollow. Toddlers would be a good place to start as everything down to traits, emotions, moodlets and interactions feel so much more different to the other age groups

My concern is that a Generations EP will just be full empty interactions which don't really have much impact. In a recent survey I really liked the idea of a Growing Pains pack and hope something happens there before a Generations EP.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    op I now that you only want people talking about maybe a Generations ep coming but Generations could be a game pack in sims 4 the guru that talk about parent hood not being Generations and said parent hood was his favorite pack
    is the guy that works on game packs I just feel like he is the most likely to ask for a Generations pack to be made though I would like it if it was an ep
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    op I now that you only want people talking about maybe a Generations ep coming but Generations could be a game pack in sims 4 the guru that talk about parent hood not being Generations and said parent hood was his favorite pack
    is the guy that works on game packs I just feel like he is the most likely to ask for a Generations pack to be made though I would like it if it was an ep

Actually simguruninja clarified last year that Parenthood is a game pack whilst Generations is an expansion as there's a lot more content in a generations pack than a game pack so I don't think they'll size it down to make it a game pack if they do add it

• Options
    The gurus on the live just specifically mentioned Generations and said they'll update when there's more to say on it!
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2021
    nvm - not relevant
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The gurus on the live just specifically mentioned Generations and said they'll update when there's more to say on it!

and cars! :smiley: Can't wait for Generations.
  • Options
    Denton47Denton47 Posts: 18 Member
    The following visual effects have been added:

gp10_bunk_bed_fail_c_dust
    gp10_bunk_bed_fail_dust
    gp10_undercovers_play

So bunk beds may be part of a new Game Pack.
  • Options
    WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    Denton47 wrote: »

gp10_bunk_bed_fail_dust
    gp10_undercovers_play

we got bunkbeds in todays patch tho
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    But this gamepack can bring more. Like the ladders.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    WonderAis wrote: »

gp10_bunk_bed_fail_dust
    gp10_undercovers_play

we got bunkbeds in todays patch tho

They actually don't much budget for free content at all. It would make sense if bunk beds were made using a game pack's budget, but because it's a highly requested item they decided to give it away for free.

Now the question is where is this mysterious game pack then. Maybe they'll surprise us and release both a GP and an EP in the upcoming quarter (April-June)?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hazell wrote: »

They haven't confirmed cars nor Generations. They only acknowledged that they know we want them. And that we'll find out more in the future.

I still say that cars is coming for sure this year, though, and it does make sense to release a Generations-type pack alongside them.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I would really like some way families can enjoy mealtimes round the dinner table instead of individually eating when hungry.

The workaround I have is to lock the kitchen for everyone but the butler, request the butler to cook a meal then drag it to the dinner table. But obviously I cannot do that with every household.

have everyone doing stuff and set the table (if you have parenthood) they'll sit at the place settings to eat.

I created a teen (Liam O'Dourke) living with his Elder parents, and he set the table autonomously even though he was a new Sim; he does have the Neat trait (from his mom; got Geek from his dad) so I wonder if that might be one of the trait adjustments they mentioned.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    As much as I would love a Generations pack I really hope they update the age groups. There is little difference between teens/adults/young adults/elders to the point that the "Reminise" interaction for Elders in Nifty Knitting just felt hollow. Toddlers would be a good place to start as everything down to traits, emotions, moodlets and interactions feel so much more different to the other age groups

My concern is that a Generations EP will just be full empty interactions which don't really have much impact. In a recent survey I really liked the idea of a Growing Pains pack and hope something happens there before a Generations EP.

A Generations pack could add fuller interactions though, especially when combined with trait adjustments. I'd like to see more attention paid to adults and elders especially -- there's a lot of content already there for young adults, but then what? I have an elder couple I'm playing with their teen son (born late in life as the storyline) and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them; they're both retired (cheated them up a few career and skill levels to feel more realistic) and Mom's learning the Wellness skill while Dad's doing side programming jobs to supplement the pensions. I suppose I could have him work on woodworking and sell stuff through Plopsy as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    IceyJ wrote: »

They haven't confirmed cars nor Generations. They only acknowledged that they know we want them. And that we'll find out more in the future.

That is pretty much confirmation though, they wouldn't say we'll find out more in the future if there isn't anything planned or in the works that they'll announce in future. What we don't know is how long that could be though. Could be a few months, could be the end of the year, could be next year.

I'm guessing they wouldn't say something so definite if they only just started working on it though as it could not work out and get cancelled, so that probably means they're at least half way through or have made enough progress to confirm that it's definitely going ahead, so that makes it seem more like it'll be something we'll see this year.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hope we get Fairies & Werewolves after Generations. I need a better mixed Occult family. :D
  • Options

gp10_bunk_bed_fail_dust
    gp10_undercovers_play

Dusting? In a game pack? That's concerning. We already have enough cleaning it definitely shouldn't be expanded to a game pack :#

Doesn't sound like it's necessarily part of the game pack from that though, just sounds like it'll have compatibility with bunk beds, similar to how you can vacuum toddlers
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

That is pretty much confirmation though, they wouldn't say we'll find out more in the future if there isn't anything planned or in the works that they'll announce in future. What we don't know is how long that could be though. Could be a few months, could be the end of the year, could be next year.

I'm guessing they wouldn't say something so definite if they only just started working on it though as it could not work out and get cancelled, so that probably means they're at least half way through or have made enough progress to confirm that it's definitely going ahead, so that makes it seem more like it'll be something we'll see this year.

Due to rumors/clues from last year, I already believe that cars (at least) are coming this year. Still not confirmed, though.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Generations should be the next move for EA, with the lack of interactions between Sims a Generation EP is the right way to fix this.

Also, maybe as a crazy idea, but adding new life stages along with better babies. Between childrens and teens (pre-teens) and adult and senior (elder adult) should be a nice way to improve and enlarge the story gameplay
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Wait, GP ?? Generations better be an EP!! Don’t tell me they’d make Eco Lifestyle as an EP but not Generations!!!

gp10_bunk_bed_fail_dust
    gp10_undercovers_play

• Options
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Generations should be the next move for EA, with the lack of interactions between Sims a Generation EP is the right way to fix this.

Also, maybe as a crazy idea, but adding new life stages along with better babies. Between childrens and teens (pre-teens) and adult and senior (elder adult) should be a nice way to improve and enlarge the story gameplay

I would totally love that. Thank you for your ideas.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Wait, GP ?? Generations better be an EP!! Don’t tell me they’d make Eco Lifestyle as an EP but not Generations!!!

gp10_bunk_bed_fail_dust
    gp10_undercovers_play

I think it's goint to be an active school GP.