Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yay bunk beds are coming

bunk beds are coming for free in an update in march
I'm sure I will get lots of use out of them as my sims always have a full house :)
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I can make military barracks with it
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish they showed us what they look like
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I am very happy about bunk beds, now my Sim kids can share a room and still have lots of space for toys and such.
    I'm also hoping that it means we will be getting a big pack soon
    izecson wrote: »

good idea
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member

Same.
    I thought I would make this thread because I bet a lot of simmers don't know about the bunk beds
    because a lot of them don't watch the streams and most everybody on the forum has been talking about kits
    also I was hoping to hear what others plane to do with it and how happy they are that its coming at last
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    As long as bunkbeds work. I'm sick of that bug where sims are close together then they all suddenly "snap" out of place.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm definitely going to make a retro summer camp build in Granite Falls with them after the update!

By the way, it looks like the bunkbed in the teaser is very similar in shape to a bed from Parenthood:

E7l0QRZ.png

N70EEyJ.jpg

But you'd think we'd at least get 2 different meshes in the patch.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Interesting observation @EliasVersace
    It makes sense for them to re-use existing meshes in order to quickly produce a variety of bunkbeds.
    It “just” takes stacking the beds, adding a ladder and applying the animation code.
    Done.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

omg same
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

I'm sure The Octagon (military build from Sims Bustin Out) is in the gallery.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Ooh I hope it does match that bed from Parenthood as that is one of my faves.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can kind of live with only having a few skins for ladders. Even though we could use a few more.

I'm less appreciative of only having a few skins for bunkbeds.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I can kind of live with only having a few skins for ladders. Even though we could use a few more.

I'm less appreciative of only having a few skins for bunkbeds.

since it will be basegame, we'll probably end up with more bunkbeds from future packs, just like they did eventually with the toddler beds.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm super excited for bunk beds! As a CC creator I have been wanting "official" functioning bunk beds for a long time so that I could clone the rigging and slots for my own meshes and it have the appropriate animations.

It would be awesome if the beds could be separated so that a desk or sitting area could be underneath the top bunk.

It would also be amazing if some of them use a full bed on the bottom.

So yeah! This will probably end up being one of my most favorite free updates!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I'm sure The Octagon (military build from Sims Bustin Out) is in the gallery.

I didn't know that besides military barrack isn't complete without bunk beds and some footlockers.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    An actual gameplay item.. it's about time.

Good. i can save space on new lots where i can put two boys together in the same room rather than having to expand the room or create an extra room for the boys. That helps.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm so excited about it. So many ideas.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Just had triplets, so bunk beds are a good idea.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It is going to be fun making some kid community lots with the bunk beds like a summer camp lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    It is going to be fun making some kid community lots with the bunk beds like a summer camp lot.

I love that idea @Scobre
    I'm definitely going to make a retro summer camp build in Granite Falls with them after the update!

By the way, it looks like the bunkbed in the teaser is very similar in shape to a bed from Parenthood:

E7l0QRZ.png

N70EEyJ.jpg

good eye @EliasVersace I do hope they have some plane colors though for people who want to use them for military barracks
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited February 2021

E7l0QRZ.png

N70EEyJ.jpg

good eye @EliasVersace I do hope they have some plane colors though for people who want to use them for military barracks

Yeah, me too. It looks promising though, that Parenthood bed is one of the prettiest single beds in the game in my opinion. I hope they'll give us a modern one as well.
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe they'll turn a whole ton of previous beds into bunkbeds. So they won't have to make new beds and they can use the same programming and animation for each one.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.