Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jumanji UPick Mafia - Survivor Win!

Comments

• Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »
    ok, so Nerd, Song, Pandora (you) and I are all ones who have town roles discarded. I have no idea what bus driver and flagbearer...dimly remember playing a mafia flagbearer once, I think, but can't bring to mind what it does, especially in a town capacity. And so why did you give up the Flying Pumpkin with Laser Beams out the Butt thing, anyway? It seems like it would bring bragging rights just getting such an unual role.

Are bus driver and flagbearer just relatively uninteresting roles? Or might Song be going for a streak? She certainly had a strange string of luck recently getting mafia roles.

I commented my choice a few times, as much as I would've loved having the awesome cool role with the awesome cool name it was a very complicated offensive role. I didn't want to have a role that I could not fully understand and make a terrible mistake to be the cause of our demise.

I would have been pretty tempted to have taken that town role. Just because of the funny name lol. :p

Is that really a role or something that Mouse made up to be funny?

Apparently, according to the mafia wiki - it was a joke role at some point? I'm not sure, I've never heard of majority of these roles. I'd rather not choose something that I'm not comfortable playing just cause of it's real cool name XD

I think Pandora might be scum. The way she's been defending her choice of discarding that town role doesn't feel right.

ok, so Nerd, Song, Pandora (you) and I are all ones who have town roles discarded. I have no idea what bus driver and flagbearer...dimly remember playing a mafia flagbearer once, I think, but can't bring to mind what it does, especially in a town capacity. And so why did you give up the Flying Pumpkin with Laser Beams out the Butt thing, anyway? It seems like it would bring bragging rights just getting such an unual role.

Are bus driver and flagbearer just relatively uninteresting roles? Or might Song be going for a streak? She certainly had a strange string of luck recently getting mafia roles.

As we saw Dekay had two third-party choices, I don't think we should clear anyone who discarded a mafia choice as well. The chance they had two scum choices could still be on the table.

I'm starting to think Mouse gave me these choices cuz the other time I said I hated alien and would never be one if I had a choice, so she purposely gave me a survivor card cuz when was the last time I even made it to the end of a game alive...? LOL. Nice try, Mouse. :D I would only choose an alien role over my dead body.

Haha while those specific ones may be true for you (I mean that is absolutely hilarious XD) I'm still not comfortable not looking into the players that discarded a scum card as the possibility is still there.

Not to mention, we still haven't heard from Bella yet too.

And if she is mafia, I don't think her partner discarded a scum card. (I'm saying this not because I'm certain it's her, but because if it is, this will be useful information to look back on.)

Interesting theory....

Hmm, and Bella is still MIA. :D Does she have some plumbing problems again or something?

We had to put the plumbing repair on hold due to the weather :sweat_smile: so yeah, the issue hasn't be resolved yet...

We've had pipes burst before, it's a PITA. We replaced those with PEX so it would be an easier repair in future, should it happen again in that particular location. You've turned off the water there in the meantime, though, right?

Yeah, we have the water turned off currently. Otherwise I'd have a giant puddle in my room :sweat_smile: This particular pipe is galvanized and it's the tub so the repair just isn't all that easy :confused:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Hey, we should do a survey on pizza crust! You prefer thin crust, hand tossed, or deep dish pizza?

Chicago style deep dish is my personal favorite. If you're ever in Chicago, go to The Silo. Best pizza ever!

I have a feeling that thin crust is gonna win this survey. :'(

Depends on where I'm getting the pizza whether or not I'll go for thin or deep dish, but I do tend to prefer deep dish pizza.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    Hey, we should do a survey on pizza crust! You prefer thin crust, hand tossed, or deep dish pizza?

Chicago style deep dish is my personal favorite. If you're ever in Chicago, go to The Silo. Best pizza ever!

Thin crust, Hand-Tossed or stuffed crust YUM!!!
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

Depends on where I'm getting the pizza whether or not I'll go for thin or deep dish, but I do tend to prefer deep dish pizza.

Awesome! Another deep dish pizza lover! :)

Gratz btw on sniffing out Pandora! :)
  • Options

Thin crust, Hand-Tossed or stuffed crust YUM!!!

Ok, I get it. You love pizza! That's awesome! :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    But does pineapple deserve a place on pizza??? <- Me trynna start a fight.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

Yes and no? :sweat_smile: Like I'd eat it, but it would potentially kill me :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options

Yes and no? :sweat_smile: Like I'd eat it, but it would potentially kill me :joy:

Well, you're not included cuz you're allergic to it, so it's okay. I'll give you a pass.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member

Hand tossed alll the way lmao. I just cannot stand deep dish. It might just be the ones I've tried, but the dough always feels way too thick to the point of being somewhat gummy, and there's way too much sauce. I used to live a couple hours away from Chicago, but we only ever went there for the airport lol. I've still never tried Chicago deep dish. On the flip side, thin crust is just way too thin and sometimes gets like crunchy which is the exact opposite of what a good pizza should be imo. The sauce and cheese just overwhelm it. I like a thinner hand tossed pizza, where the dough isn't overwhelming but still nicely cooked and with a good crust.
    they/he
  • Options

I've never tried it. I want to someday, because it's a whole debate. It doesn't sound all too amazing though.
    they/he
  • Options

I've never tried it. I want to someday, because it's a whole debate. It doesn't sound all too amazing though.

I love it and a lot of people here in Singapore love it too, it's probably one of the most popular flavors. I don't understand why other people have a problem with the sweet taste on a savory dish. Maybe cuz I'm Asian and we are used to having sweet and sour type of dishes so to us, it makes sense?

You know what's even crazier? Pizza Hut did this new special flavor. XD Bubble Tea pizza.

pizza-hut-sg-bubble-tea-pizza.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Ok gonna tell a little story here. Hope I don't bore you all too much. All this talk about pizza reminds me when I was stationed on a ship that was homeported in Sardinia.

Now the Italians are known for inventing pizza. Raffaele Esposito in Naples, Italy to be exact. Like I've already said, my favorite "food group" is pizza. So I was excited to have some Italian pizza. On my first visit to the local ristarante, surprise, surprise, I ordered pizza. To say I was greatly disappointed was an understatement.

My pizza was hand tossed and served on a plate. Large enough to cover a normal sized plate. The crust did have a nice flavor to it, but the texture was a bit hard. The sauce was very bland and not seasoned like the American pizzas I was used to. The toppings were very sparse and there was a lot less cheese on the pizza than was I am used to getting. Mainly, because meat and other food products were not in abundance there back in the 70's.

I will say though that I got to visit Rome on a 96 hour liberty for my birthday. There was a pizzeria there that served a deep dish style pizza slices and I have to say that the Rome pizza was a lot better than the La Maddalena pizza, but still not nearly as good as the American pizza I had become accustomed to eating.

That's my pizza story. Hope you enjoyed getting some insight into what food is like in other countries of the world.
  • Options

A resounding NO! :'(

I had never heard of pineapple on a pizza until I was on a ship that had a pizza contest in the Chief's Mess. Some New Yorker made a ham and pineapple pizza. I couldn't believe it! Sacreligeous I say! Apparently, New Yorkers love pineapple on their pizza. *shiver*
  • Options
    Pizza Hut pizza makes me sick to my stomach anyways. Too greasy I'm thinking. DeKay just gave me another reason to hate Pizza Hut.

Btw, not so fun fact, I worked for years at Papa Johns and Little Caesars. :o
  • Options

I love it and a lot of people here in Singapore love it too, it's probably one of the most popular flavors. I don't understand why other people have a problem with the sweet taste on a savory dish. Maybe cuz I'm Asian and we are used to having sweet and sour type of dishes so to us, it makes sense?

You know what's even crazier? Pizza Hut did this new special flavor. XD Bubble Tea pizza.
    pizza-hut-sg-bubble-tea-pizza.jpg

Does that like... genuinely have pizza sauce and cheese and boba? Or is it like a sweet pizza?

I love the sweet and savory combination in general. Like Tacos al Pastor, which is a type of taco where the filling is seasoned meat with pineapple. The grilled meat and juicy pineapple is an amazing combination. The thing that sounds iffy with the pineapple on pizza is like the sauce and cheese and pineapple just sounds so like liquid-y if you get what I mean. I need the textures of food to be nice in addition to the flavor, and the texture of pineapple on pizza doesn't sound very good to me. I'd be down to try it though.
    they/he
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    So that clears Bella and Song. Oy Luv, I didn't even know you voted me!

It doesn't clear them, they could still be scum or SK or alien or something. Or they could have thrown Pandora under the bus.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Mouselline wrote: »
    etOaf0p.jpg
    While it’s night, tortillas r winning!

Now, do one of tacos vs pizza. :P

I still don't understand the hype around tacos but I guess it's cuz I usually eat salads with like meat pieces and sauces stuff and then I throw in tortilla pieces in there so maybe that's why I think tacos are not much different than that? So it's boring to me. And when I mean 'usually', I mean like pretty much every day except on Sat when I eat McDonald's. XD

Pizza is my favorite food group! :)

Pizza isn't a food group!

The four basic food groups are candy, candycanes, candycorn, and syrup!

NooooOoooOOOoooooo.

It's a joke, from the movie Elf :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

Oh man, I just got home from work - I hope no one had to sniff me out! XD
  • Options

No. Absolutely not.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

It totally does belong on pizza! No one can tell me otherwise XP
  • Options
    Ok gonna tell a little story here. Hope I don't bore you all too much. All this talk about pizza reminds me when I was stationed on a ship that was homeported in Sardinia.

Now the Italians are known for inventing pizza. Raffaele Esposito in Naples, Italy to be exact. Like I've already said, my favorite "food group" is pizza. So I was excited to have some Italian pizza. On my first visit to the local ristarante, surprise, surprise, I ordered pizza. To say I was greatly disappointed was an understatement.

My pizza was hand tossed and served on a plate. Large enough to cover a normal sized plate. The crust did have a nice flavor to it, but the texture was a bit hard. The sauce was very bland and not seasoned like the American pizzas I was used to. The toppings were very sparse and there was a lot less cheese on the pizza than was I am used to getting. Mainly, because meat and other food products were not in abundance there back in the 70's.

I will say though that I got to visit Rome on a 96 hour liberty for my birthday. There was a pizzeria there that served a deep dish style pizza slices and I have to say that the Rome pizza was a lot better than the La Maddalena pizza, but still not nearly as good as the American pizza I had become accustomed to eating.

That's my pizza story. Hope you enjoyed getting some insight into what food is like in other countries of the world.

Yeah, I don't always believe that a dish that originated from a country will be the best tasting. It all depends on the recipe and who is making it, to be honest.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Pizza Hut pizza makes me sick to my stomach anyways. Too greasy I'm thinking. DeKay just gave me another reason to hate Pizza Hut.

Btw, not so fun fact, I worked for years at Papa Johns and Little Caesars. :o

Yeah, Pizza Hut is really greasy. The dough tastes like those instant deep fried donuts my mom used to make. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

It totally does belong on pizza! No one can tell me otherwise XP

YAAASSSS.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    So that clears Bella and Song. Oy Luv, I didn't even know you voted me!

It doesn't clear them, they could still be scum or SK or alien or something. Or they could have thrown Pandora under the bus.

I was thinking the same thing, but I do have to admit that, for the time being, my sus of Song has lessened a bit.
  • Options

Oh man, I just got home from work - I hope no one had to sniff me out! XD

LOL Gonna keep it G rated and not comment! :p