Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many kits do you think they’ll release on a yearly basis?

124...Next

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I didn't think this in February, or March, or even September. But the livestream this week has convinced me that Sims 4 is wrapping up. I feel like Paranormal Stuff, Dream Home Designer and Cottage Living were the finales for their respective pack types. And they were good finales!

I think the guru team is not allowed to confirm that it's basically patches and updates from here on out.

They better not be wrapping up TS4, they've left out so many staple occult states that I'm unsatisfied with the game. All the people who have been hanging on for Werewolves, fairies, genies, repaired/restored vampires etc certainly won't be coming back for TS5 if TS4 is any indication of how people who love playing with occult sims/life state/gameplay is going to be handled.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    31-40 kits per year
    If they still have more than a year of content left in this game, I can see Kits being shoved down our throats more often next year. We already had Kits being released every 2-3 months this year alone. I see this being a pattern while they are working on bigger releases.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I thought it was all but confirmed that the series can’t end / won’t end without them giving us cars.

Now whenever we do finally get cars added into TS4, start the countdown for TS5.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    31-40 kits per year
    I forgot to mention that MAYBE now we will get the stuff that we didn't get back when they had us help them with the 3 Community Voted Stuff packs.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2021
    5-6 kits per year
    logion wrote: »
    It looks like three kits have around the same amount of content as a stuff pack...more or less, Maxis usually made 2 stuff packs every year so unless they change their production schedule I would say 6 kits every year. It depends if they will cut down on other type of packs or if it's easier for them to make three kits compared to one stuff pack.

They still usually make 2 expansion packs, 1-2 game packs and 1-2 stuff packs every year.

Yeah...about that....
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I hope they will release new kits after TS5 is released

Ugh, no thank you. Sims 5 would sound dreadful if it cannot stand on its own after so many years in n development and there would still be development of TS4 even in the form of kits.
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    The real question is : why There is only one gameplay kit ?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited November 2021
    11-15 kits per year
    BL5036 wrote: »
    The real question is : why There is only one gameplay kit ?

I believe that is because gameplay kits get more expensive than the others, with the need to use resources to fix bugs and make tweaks for people's likings... Cas and Bb kits are easy money.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited November 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Cas and Bb kits are easy money.

Easier development without breaking the game.
    The role is to make us wait until the next major pack and while they are fixing the issues.

SDX will add free content at the same time, so it's not only about money. EA is more reasonable than with The Sims 3.

We already have more than 600 free items (2 EP in term of quantity). TS1, TS2 and TS3 never did that much.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977861/the-sims-4-updates-7-years-of-freebies
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Too many. And not enough proper packs with actual gameplay.

I agree. Especially since after the release of Cottage Living we've had nothing but kits instead of proper packs and it slightly concerns me that there's no major gameplay heavy pack in time for the holidays.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited January 2022
    2021 : 9 Kits
    2022 : It depends on the number of EP and GP released but it could be 9 or 10 kits.

I hope this method helps The Sims Studio to do better quality EP/GP (less issues).
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited January 2022
    9-10 kits per year
    I didn’t see this poll when it first came out 🤦🏼‍♂️.

I think we’ll get 9-10 a year. They’ve worked with real life designers. Promoted them heavily and kits even have thier own section on the main menu. They are definitely a big focus.

Last year launched with three kits. Then we had Oasis Courtyard, Industrial Loft, then there were two CAS kits together; Fashion Streetwear? and Inchon Arrivals. Then the plant one and the menswear. That’s 9 for 2021.

2022 starts with a kit, Carnival CAS and another kit is due.

I do hope they introduce a filter system soon when searching items in game!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    I didn’t see this poll when it first came out 🤦🏼‍♂️.

I think we’ll get 9-10 a year. They’ve worked with real life designers. Promoted them heavily and kits even have thier own section on the main menu. They are definitely a big focus.

Last year launched with three kits. Then we had Oasis Courtyard, Industrial Loft, then there were two CAS kits together; Fashion Streetwear? and Inchon Arrivals. Then the plant one and the menswear. That’s 9 for 2021.

2022 starts with a kit, Carnival CAS and another kit is due.

I do hope they introduce a filter system soon when searching items in game!

Yes, I wish we could filter kits too.
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    At this point, too many LOL!!!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    16-20 kits per year
    I was way off. Bummer. 😕
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    More than 50 kits per year
    Way too many, obviously.