Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many kits do you think they’ll release on a yearly basis?

Now that we already know what the first 3 kits are going to be, how often do you think they’ll release them?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

How many kits do you think they’ll release on a yearly basis? 209 votes

3-4 kits per year
11%
JeanPlayerSinger2010Mariefoxprice83friendlysimmersdrake_mccartyCinebarcatloverplayerKennziKaigedetermigqueenmakedabixtersbenson2006rambahadoerDoloresGreyKyreRoenHearts4uHowmanychairsPeralKACMaiaPlaysSims 24 votes
5-6 kits per year
16%
sketchesbandit5robyngravesLadyDecafMoon_WillowluthienrisingjaymancrazsimmietimeyupptaydevFroilwns2fZeldaboy180SelinaKylesBOYgoldann25SheepilingBriana2425RedShoe7Simplyobsessed 35 votes
7-8 kits per year
9%
alan650111greydonnCinders27HarukotyankristenleighwhiteQueenMercyYBNS2468shinys212EliharbCattyBetsyrinre33llejenaMonda76HolidayGeralt_ofRiviaThunderNebDaWaterRatAyKooChaoKathMHughesIsharell 20 votes
9-10 kits per year
20%
icmnfrshMichelleWalexspoom13jeLlyBeAn1573ncisGibbs02heiblumeYautjagirlDarcVader1tinaestellemlmeadowsashcrash19PiutsikiEmmaVaneSakuske1Onverserkaanvardar99HermitgirlSimzilla_7CeridwenSheriSim57 42 votes
11-15 kits per year
25%
crocobauraauroraael14IcewolfIrishSimmer21IceyJMelisendrealanmichael1goodcakebaker62marcel21bevillepinkparkaKhrisstynejcp011c2halloweenchildmrkingvMoonCrossWarrior22CAPTAIN_NXR7LatinaBunnytexxx78ChadSims2 54 votes
16-20 kits per year
6%
catmom1987keekee53simgirl1010CopperBoltLizzychicagowormofthebookmmb_abrHorrorgirl6SimsRaphGamingTweetyAmapola76SiggDiggitbookish_sammy 13 votes
21-30 kits per year
2%
gifford01Agustín CornejoPamtastic72SeashoreLiviaChaton 5 votes
31-40 kits per year
0%
EricasFreePlay 1 vote
41-50 kits per year
0%
kphillips2977 1 vote
More than 50 kits per year
6%
rudy8292alexandreatroshalomDoodlyDoofusLoanetkeylimepiesimsJojenizecsonbella_gothVINNIHGeminiRoserenamed250420211402m4rta1985melsim 14 votes

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I'm guessing one per month. The TS3 store had two per month though.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    I say nine to ten because they don't have another team like sims 3 did
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Kits actually get their own page on the main menu separately from packs. They're definitely planning on a lot of kits.

WWJYzQd.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    21-30 kits per year
    I would say something between 2 to 3 kits a month.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I say a lot because while we would usually wait for the next SP, GP, or EP there will be a Kit released.

Also for me and many others I think this will be an opportunity for the gurus to give us more masculine clothing.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    What i think they will release is different from what i would like. Once a month is what i think. I wish it were once a week. I won't buy it all so i wouldn't be spending every week... but i would have options, that is something i really enjoy. There's too much time in between pack releases... and i like the idea of them throwing some very niche stuff...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021
    5-6 kits per year
    It looks like three kits have around the same amount of content as a stuff pack...more or less, Maxis usually made 2 stuff packs every year so unless they change their production schedule I would say 6 kits every year. It depends if they will cut down on other type of packs or if it's easier for them to make three kits compared to one stuff pack.

They still usually make 2 expansion packs, 1-2 game packs and 1-2 stuff packs every year.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2021
    9-10 kits per year
    I think it also depends on if they are released in groups of 3 every time (gameplay/BB/CAS) or whether they will trickle out individually after the initial 3 launch.

If they trickle out individually, I'd lower my guess to 5-6.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    as many as possible to get that sexy $
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    5-6 kits per year
    Mini bits
    if they are mini bits as they say, I hope they aren’t ridiculously overpriced if they plan to sell them to us, but it’s EA. Micro-transactions are their favorite 😒
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Mini bits
    if they are mini bits as they say, I hope they aren’t ridiculously overpriced if they plan to sell them to us, but it’s EA. Micro-transactions are their favorite 😒

My bet is 5$ a pop.

I still find it ridiculous though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I think they might release one type of kit each (CAS, BB, gameplay) every time. I have no idea how often that would be, monthly or maybe quarterly.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    5-6 kits per year
    bella_goth wrote: »

:D Just go nuts, release one kit every week. 52 kits in one year.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    logion wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »

:D Just go nuts, release one kit every week. 52 kits in one year.

From the dev point of view (I was in uni for 3D anim) BB & CAS kits every week is entirely possible since they won't require hardly anything new except textures and maybe slightly altered meshes.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    16-20 kits per year
    I don't feel good about this new pack type. The only thing I'm feeling positive about is that they could use this to provide niche content. I'm glad vacuums and dust bunnies won't be in an SP, GP, or EP because I foresee dust bunnies getting annoying immediately. I don't like that they're doing clothing and furniture kits though. That dives into dangerous territory. I will be beyond furious if they start watering down the other packs, so they can sell more kits. If that happens, I will drop this game as fast as I dropped Sims 3 and its stupid store. I'm trying to stay positive, but EA's greed tends to ruin everything. I predict the price will be around $4.99, and I would like to point out the high quality CC can be accessed for much less. :|
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2021
    *shakes future cube*
    too many I'm afraid....

i mean could they make good ones?
    yeah.

but i also still fear it'll be their new excuse to shove cool concepts into even smaller packs and make more my first bug in croptop eps
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    7-8 kits per year
    I really feel it's the sign of the end. Like they are officially wrapping up with game packs and expansion packs and winding down on Sims 4 and gearing up for Sims 5. Which is a bummer. I'm not switching to another base game only for a while.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    21-30 kits per year
    I think 2-3 a month maybe? But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2021
    11-15 kits per year
    At least one a month. Although, this is EA we are talking about so maybe 21-30 is more likely.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    One every week, and there’d better be a key lime pie kit among them!
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    5-6 kits per year
    I think they'll be used to bulk out between other packs as fillers. It might actually reduce over speculation and anticipation.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2021
    Other- either we will get them monthly or in the months we get no released expansion/game/stuff packs. As for how many they release in one go I don't know. Hence why can't pick an answer. This is of they sell well, if they don't then who knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    5-6 kits per year
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    3-4 kits per year
    I was estimating a pretty low number, maybe 3-4 per year. If they're making more than 10 a year, than I wouldn't be surprised if they're pulling resources from other packs too... :(
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I'm definitely thinking at least 1 kit a month.