Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No farm pack then?

13...Next

Comments

• KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Two of the items added in the anniversary patch refer to llamas and farms.

y7gJe7l.png

HAx0z4B.png

I know from Peacy that the descriptions were written by the Sims team, not the CC creators (for his items anyway, likely for all).

I'd love if after 4 iterations we are finally getting actual llamas in TS4.

This is very interesting. Not just llamas but also sun reference. Aztecs and Incas had llamas, sun gods and calendars. We saw a suspicious looking base game calendar in a recent maxis stream. Would love if we get a South America inspired world with old temples and llamas everywhere.

isn't jungle adventure inspired by incas and aztech?
    I thought so by the type of buildings and hidden lots.

But sun, llamas and so on make me think even more about zodiac or astrology coming soon (one can dream!)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Two of the items added in the anniversary patch refer to llamas and farms.

y7gJe7l.png

HAx0z4B.png

I know from Peacy that the descriptions were written by the Sims team, not the CC creators (for his items anyway, likely for all).

I'd love if after 4 iterations we are finally getting actual llamas in TS4.

This is very interesting. Not just llamas but also sun reference. Aztecs and Incas had llamas, sun gods and calendars. We saw a suspicious looking base game calendar in a recent maxis stream. Would love if we get a South America inspired world with old temples and llamas everywhere.

isn't jungle adventure inspired by incas and aztech?
    I thought so by the type of buildings and hidden lots.

But sun, llamas and so on make me think even more about zodiac or astrology coming soon (one can dream!)

Maybe we will get a residential world this time. Ancient civilizations of South America had good knowledge of astronomy and used zodiac signs.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2021
    It's about time that we got some proper llamas in the game and alpacas as well if it comes to that. They keep referring to them as a joke all the time so why not put them in some kind of Farming pack?

Many of our farmers have alpacas in the UK to guard their sheep, and even chickens, from foxes and they give good wool too!

I'd even accept a Generations pack if it came with farming! I'd love to play a farming family scenario.

Seasons are very important in Farming and I could see a Zodiac fitting in there too. Did you know there is a subject called "Agricultural astrology?" It's often referred to as "planting by the signs" because of its reliance on astrological signs for planting, cultivating and harvesting
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    It's about time that we got some proper llamas in the game and alpacas as well if it comes to that. They keep referring to them as a joke all the time so why not put them in some kind of Farming pack?

Many of our farmers have alpacas in the UK to guard their sheep, and even chickens, from foxes and they give good wool too!

I'd even accept a Generations pack if it came with farming! I'd love to play a farming family scenario.

Seasons are very important in Farming and I could see a Zodiac fitting in there too. Did you know there is a subject called "Agricultural astrology?" It's often referred to as "planting by the signs" because of its reliance on astrological signs for planting, cultivating and harvesting

they will never mix generations with farming for two main reasons:
    1. they are two high selling packs;
    2. having them mixed makes no sense + gives no space to develop a proper game logic, and they yet lack on this when creating specific non-mixed contents. Imagine one pack with 2 themes!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

they will never mix generations with farming for two main reasons:
    1. they are two high selling packs;
    2. having them mixed makes no sense + gives no space to develop a proper game logic, and they yet lack on this when creating specific non-mixed contents. Imagine one pack with 2 themes!

Yes, I know that. I'm just getting desperate! B)

Looks good for more packs though. We've got a new Sim Guru, @SimGuruSoph, (must be the second Sophie to become a Guru).
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruSoph
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can't see what it is about the Country Living Kit that replaces any kind of farming pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I too believe there is a huge difference between a Country Living and a Farm Life theme. Country living can mean different things to different countries. A Farm Life is just just that, something that centers around farming. But there are many things in this world one can farm. I think they'll continue to expand on these themes through different pack types that will be more specific. Example a pack that will have horses just as there was a pack for Cats and Dogs. What all it will contain, who knows. But I'm sure it will come eventually.

Maybe not this year but next. I do think something more generations type is coming this year. That's not to say they won't do both but a lot of the packs and updates have included items more specific to this theme.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Many of our farmers have alpacas in the UK to guard their sheep, and even chickens, from foxes

This is the best thing I have learned all week.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Many of our farmers have alpacas in the UK to guard their sheep, and even chickens, from foxes

This is the best thing I have learned all week.
    great your username! ;)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I’m still looking forward to a farming pack with animals. I know which family my farmers will be.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Should we not get some info on the next packs soon? It feels like forever since there was any pack related info...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I'm hopeful for a farming pack since when Eco was falsely teased as farming people were super excited and then when it was revealed fake the outlash was huge. Plus in a video a good while back they talked about a certain top looking equestrian and then quickly changed the subject.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all ! 😀

I'm also hoping for a pack around the farm and country life since I upgraded to The Sims 4 ! There are indeed many clues (the Country Kitchen "kit" for example...). The gurus talked about the farm some time ago as well, without confirming anything and they know that it is one of the expectations of the fans.
    Since they announced that The Sims 4 will last for several more years, they should be doing something around the farm. The question is : WHEN ?

In the meantime, I created my "Like on the Farm" challenge (on my YouTube channel ) offer using the existing gamplay and it's pretty good ! 🐄🌱

See you ! 😉