Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No farm pack then?

Kinda disappointed with one of the kits announced. With the new Country Kitchen Kit, I wonder if we will ever get a Farm pack. It would make sense to save a country kitchen for a Farm pack. I wish they could give us a yay or ney...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited February 2021
    Maybe they're purposely releasing this ahead of a farm pack. Then, to get furniture for the rest of the house, you have to buy the EP. Like My First Pet Stuff in reverse, or Off-the Grid & Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    edited February 2021
    Farm =/= midwest/"classic" aesthetic. A farm could be in China (wasn't there an option for Chinese countryside in one of the old surveys?), Scottish highlands, etc. Considering that they're definitely trying to move away from an American-centric game there's a good possibility of it coming in the future.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Why not??
    As said before, that country kitchen might be a hint to a farm pack coming this year.
    Also, Releasing the kitchen outside of the bigger pack let me think they could use more space and funds to enhance farming actions and BB objects!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    That was my thought exactly when i saw the kitchen kit... i don't think they would release that kit if farms would be out in a near future... but, let's see...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yeah that was my thought as well, it kinda makes sense to me to have country style furniture together with a farm pack. Country style furniture for what country really?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I thin k "country kitchen" is rather universal, not just American. Even if it would be Asian Farming, I'd expect such a pack to include a few non-Asian alternatives. I mean, if we get African farming, most of us would still run farms in Windenburg, Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay, right? I hope farming features won't be restricted to just one world.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    Farm =/= midwest/"classic" aesthetic. A farm could be in China (wasn't there an option for Chinese countryside in one of the old surveys?), Scottish highlands, etc. Considering that they're definitely trying to move away from an American-centric game there's a good possibility of it coming in the future.

Please I want a country world.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Unfortunately, there's been hints of a Farming Pack since Cats & Dogs back in 2016.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    While we may never see a complete farming expansion, I think we can and will see horses, cows, chickens, etc in the game eventually. It can be done through a game pack since there is already quite a bit of farming in the game. I think...
    Lets see we have...
    We can grow crops.
    Sell produce either through our inventory or a market table.
    Eco Lifestyle gave us some new additions like windmills and the new tall planter.

That is all I can think of at the moment as I haven't played in a while.

We do need something like a farmer's market or market lot, maybe a Ranch lot type/trait or Farm lot type/trait
    Some produce stalls instead of the table would be nice.
    Country Living items, farm home items do need to be added like tractors, hay, etc... and farm living attire.
    Then the obvious Horses, Cows, Chickens, Pigs, maybe goats or even Llama's as llamas are a bit of a sims icon. Plus items that would correlate with the care of those animals... chicken coop, horse stall, barn items, pasture...

But the additional farm animals can easily be its own expansion or game pack while stuff like country kitch, country living, country style can be spliced into mini packs. Though that would be disappointing it is possible.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love a Horses Pack, Medieval Pack, Farm Animals Pack & a Western Pack.
    I don't mind if it needs to be separate packs as long as it's in Sims 4. :p
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    I do not think that Country Kitchen "Kit" will rule Farming Pack out, to be honest, total opposite.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    or then they might be thinking different build/buy theme for farming ep in which the kitchen didn't quite fit

best possibilities :

1.farming in country where kitchens are very different from this farm aesthetic so it didn't quite add up

2. time period where this type of kitchens did simply not exist such as medieval being mixed with farming theme

3. perhaps they just wanted to make room for more animals
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2021
    I bet this is how they'll be releasing it now. There will be no Farm Kitchen stuff so to have a good farm kitchen we'll have to buy the kitchen kit if we didn't already.

Ultimately we pay more.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That's exactly what I was gonna say. They might release a Farming EP but without kitchen stuff.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I bet this is how they'll be releasing it now. There will be no Farm Kitchen stuff so to have a good farm kitchen we'll have to buy the kitchen kit if we didn't already.

Ultimately we pay more.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Maybe the kitchen kit is their answer to people asking for more kitchen cupboards.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    It's very likely EA will split farming into several packs, to maximize their profit.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm sure one day we will get a farming pack. I doubt the kits will replace anything... just be a way to get out more ideas and themes that they won't use in a larger pack for whatever reason.
    egTcBMc.png
    I think we'll get Horses with a farming style to its clothes, clutter and furniture, and maybe a few farming activities.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I personally think that if a farm expansion pack was in the works then this kitchen set should have covered another theme, maybe a steampunk kitchen set like in ts3 store, or any other niche theme that has slim chances of having a whole pack.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I personally think that if a farm expansion pack was in the works then this kitchen set should have covered another theme, maybe a steampunk kitchen set like in ts3 store, or any other niche theme that has slim chances of having a whole pack.

Maybe the (hypothetical) farm pack isn't going to use the Country Living Aesthetic (or at least not the US one)
    Or maybe the country aesthetic was simply stripped from a future pack and will conveniently match with a future pack, swatch for swatch. Then you'll have to get that kit.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2021
    Or maybe the country aesthetic was simply stripped from a future pack and will conveniently match with a future pack, swatch for swatch. Then you'll have to get that kit.

If you don't want a separate package, don't buy it and that's it!

Edited by EA_Neil.
    Post edited by EA_Neil on
    edited March 2021

If you don't want a separate package, don't buy it and that's it!

Unless, of course, I like the pack? I can like a pack but not like the price, you know. I am aware of the value of money - unlike some people in management in EA.
    Post edited by EA_Neil on
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

Wow. You are incredibly pessimistic about everything! If you don't want a separate package, don't buy it and that's it!

Unless, of course, I like the pack? I can like a pack but not like the price, you know. I am aware of the value of money - unlike some people in management in EA.

But you can't demand a different price! I am from South America and here the prices are very high! what I do is wait for them to go down or not buy them! as well as I do not buy the latest model TV because the cost is very high. I can't ask the factory to lower its prices, I just don't buy it and that's it. Unfortunately this is how the world works and this is a taste not a necessity.
    edited March 2021
    No, it's not how the world works, it's how South America works. Which is fine in South America, because South America is a different place to the UK. Every country has a different economy and so a different opinion of how expensive is too expensive.