Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2021(Patch Now Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
Well we know we're getting a patch in Late March to fix skin tones on the console.

We're also getting bunkbeds in next months patch which means it might be a pre gamepack patch.

We have a new pack type called kits coming however we don't know if it will be
in March.

It's possible the bunkbed may not be part of a pre gamepack patch.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    It's 2021.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bunkbeds are a very nice add. Looking forward!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    It's 2021.

I know. I fixed it.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    The Sims just wrote on twitter that we have more news on kits on march 2nd
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    glad bunk beds are base game but will the kits be ts4 version of ts3 store? no please
    I hope kits aren't replacing stuff packs.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I want kits AND stuff packs
    edited February 2021
    Oh i hope not! Specially now that stuff packs are getting so interesting... i think kits will be more niche. Imagine what people would say if we got a cleaning stuff pack with vacums and brooms...? When we only get 1 or 2 stuff packs per year? But in a kit, with frequent kit releases, people can choose... i think it can be a way of getting those little desires that are so niche that problably would never come in a bigger pack, even a stuff pack... people who were asking for vacums are surely happy today :) at least that's what i hope...

On the other side, the fact that they'll be offering this smaller and nicher pieces of content, appeasing our last desires... i can't avoid thinking that sims 4 may be in it's last years. And it somehow makes me a bit sad, but of course, we all knew that day would be coming...
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited February 2021
    I’m wondering if they’re releasing all three kits on March 2 or if they’re going to be spread out. My dream scenario would be three kits being released separately on March 2 (Tuesday), March 9 (Tuesday), March 16 (Tuesday), and then on March 23 (Tuesday) they’ll release a pre pack patch for an EP releasing on March 26 (Friday).

If any case, if a new pack is indeed coming they’ll probably announce it next week. A new EP announcement would distract any backlash against the new kits :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I’m wondering if they’re releasing all three kits on March 2 or if they’re going to be spread out. My dream scenario would be three kits being released separately on March 2 (Tuesday), March 9 (Tuesday), March 16 (Tuesday), and then on March 23 (Tuesday) they’ll release a pre pack patch for an EP releasing on March 26 (Friday).

If any case, if a new pack is indeed coming they’ll probably announce it next week. A new EP announcement would distract any backlash against the new kits :D

i think that's why they're releasing bunk beds. and if there's more backlash we may get lucky and get cars or body hair as they're other popular requests ea probably has on hold until controversies happen lmao
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2021

They have to, unless they hire more people. You can't just make more DLC without cutting from anything else.

They might still make stuff packs but there are most likely going to be less of them now.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I feel like this might be a big patch. We're due for a game pack, right?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    logion wrote: »

They have to, unless they hire more people. You can't just make more DLC without cutting from anything else.

They might still make stuff packs but there are most likely going to be less of them now.

Two of the kits are literally just CAS items and non-gameplay Build/Buy items.

In case you're not aware, the artists at Maxis only draw the concept art of CAS items and non-gameplay Build/Buy items. The actual modeling/texturing of the items are outsourced to two studios in China. If there is a need, they can certainly contract more studios to make stuff for them.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    What are kit packs? I’m seeing people mention them over social media? Did I miss them talking about them in the livestream? I can’t see anything about them from EA as to what they are.
    edited February 2021
    netney52 wrote: »
    What are kit packs? I’m seeing people mention them over social media? Did I miss them talking about them in the livestream? I can’t see anything about them from EA as to what they are.

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    netney52 wrote: »

Thanks well I was thinking we would be getting a gamepack in March with bunk beds in it with the pre-patch coming with a basegame version. Now seeing this I don’t know.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well we know we're getting a patch in Late March to fix skin tones on the console.

We're also getting bunkbeds in next months patch which means it might be a pre gamepack patch.

We have a new pack type called kits coming however we don't know if it will be in March.

It's possible the bunkbed may not be part of a pre gamepack patch.
    No details on bunkbeds were given except for the fact that they are expected to be coming late March 2021. This includes rather or not if they'll be in March's update. As always more details on bunkbeds are likely to follow at a later date.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

Agreed. I hope we have the choice of both stuff packs and kit packs.

I like the idea of kit packs as a way of selling us odds and ends of things that we've been wanting in the game but those items weren't necessarily things that could fulfill a whole stuff pack, so we haven't gotten them yet. Odds and ends like maybe a pool table, or a musical instrument, or theme-specific cas items, or a pizza oven, or a pool slide, etc etc.

Expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs, and kit packs. All these various pack sizes and price ranges allow us the option to pick and choose what we want and/or how much we want to spend.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

Two of the kits are literally just CAS items and non-gameplay Build/Buy items.

In case you're not aware, the artists at Maxis only draw the concept art of CAS items and non-gameplay Build/Buy items. The actual modeling/texturing of the items are outsourced to two studios in China. If there is a need, they can certainly contract more studios to make stuff for them.

Many stuff packs are literally just CAS and non-gameplay Build/Buy items as well with one or two gameplay items. So we will see.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I don't see the chance that kits will replace SP.
    I see more: Kits are a way to deliver those micro contents that didn't fit in a SP or that have been created after a pack they would fit in was released yet.

Example: fitness clothing could have been amazing with the Fitness SP. Should they do a new fitness SP? of course NOT! People would hate them. So they will deliver fitness clothing in a kit.

Same for dust remover (they could have fit in the laundry pack or the eco pack).

Country kitchen is the only one that makes me scream at "hint" for a future farm pack or a little bonus for that horrible kitchen SP we had long time ago.
    I'm wishing for sleepwear cas kit and historical cas/bb kits. I wish that they do world kits too. As for gameplay kits there are so many niche things that i would love... i'm not excited about this first 3 kits so i hope they release new kits often...
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I wonder what will be in the March patch besides bunkbeds. I was hoping to see cars soon, but I doubt they'd release those at the same time as bunkbeds. Hoping for it though!
    telmarina wrote: »
    I'm wishing for sleepwear cas kit and historical cas/bb kits. I wish that they do world kits too. As for gameplay kits there are so many niche things that i would love... i'm not excited about this first 3 kits so i hope they release new kits often...

I think the chance that there'll be historical kits is extremely high. They can cater to more niche requests from the community with this new pack format.
    telmarina wrote: »

Yes sleepwear and world kits. I ll suggest those to TheSims on Twitter.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Anyone else see this home and get reminded of the house from an old TS4 UI render? The color scheme is on point