Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk beds are comin y’all!

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It makes you wonder since it will be base if it is coming as a pre-pack patch. The best fit I can think of is Generations.
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    I’m also thinking a Generations type pack might be coming (maybe teen lifestage focused gameplay ‘
    *fingers crossed*) , but it’s also possible that they’ve been working on it separately for awhile and it’s finally ready to be released.
    ldauop39735.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don’t know, I just know I am going to be very happy for that particular rant to die. ☠️
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I hope the speculation is correct about it being related to a new pack. I'm glad we're getting it as a base game update, but I do hope we're getting a pack that will expand on the younger life stages.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Yay! Can't wait.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    nice, it's gonna be for the base game
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh that's awesome news.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Am I the only one who didn't care about these?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member

Probably not. 🙂
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think we will get a gamepack in March and it will be the high school pack mentioned in the survey from last year which will include bunk beds with as they have announced a basegame version. In true sims 4 style I don't think we will have a generations pack but more of a broken up into different packs like we have seen of occults and eco living with different lifestages. So far we have parenthood, toddler and kids and the next one I think will be a high school or education pack. Usually the expansion packs are in the summer/winter so a generations EP would not fit with that as bunk beds are coming in March. As gamepacks are smaller I don't think they would cater enough for a generations pack and with the survery last year of high schools hence why I think we are getting a education/school gamepack with bunkbeds in March.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cool!!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    It's great news. :)
    I think bunk beds will save a lot of space. When my Sims have two children I often have troubles to fit two beds and other necessary items in kids room.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    @GrimSuruDoi just announced it at the end of the live stream.

OZ97m4m.jpg

rxP6Qbl.png

But...

But...

But... They said this could not be done! Did they lie to us!?

Just like the Fear emotion that was a hard "NO!" since 2014 and then suddenly was just... there? Somehow?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    It's great news. :)
    I think bunk beds will save a lot of space. When my Sims have two children I often have troubles to fit two beds and other necessary items in kids room.

Yes, it's really hard to play a large family that is struggling with money. Most of the times my families can't afford moving or expanding their homes...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2021

OZ97m4m.jpg

rxP6Qbl.png

But...

But...

Just like the Fear emotion that was a hard "NO!" since 2014 and then suddenly was just... there? Somehow?

i think they were working on it but wanted to keep it a suprise just in case they couldn't do it.

[double quote removed]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

But...

But...

It's almost like they heard the community and kept working on it until they found a way to do it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I will definitely say this it's great that the developers are putting it in base game, they ruined their chance with tiny living 🤣
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

I don't care about them either, but what's the point in going into a thread where people are excited about something and saying that you don't care?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021

But...

But...

It's almost like they heard the community and kept working on it until they found a way to do it.

I know.
    I was here on launch day.

I have said it before, I do not actually think they are lying when they tell us the game engine can't do something.

BUT I am 100% serious when I say it is their fault, because they choose an inferior engine.
    Remember, the engine was optimized for online play aka "Second Life" but kid rated (hence the loading screens and neighborhoods). It literally could not do basements at release.
    That's the reason, btw, why pools didn't exist: Pools are basements with open tops, they literally could not be built; they released a Sims game with no mechanic in the engine for basements. They had to patch that functionality into the game engine after release.

So again, there is a difference at being angry at someone for refusing to tow a concrete slab with a bicycle. That is wrong and tacky. But you have all the right in the world to be mad at the person choosing to show up with a bicycle when he KNEW he was expected to tow a concrete slab.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    If Kits cost money, maybe they made the bunkbeds to lessen the backlash? Like they knew Kits would be controversial, so they made this to try and look like they care/distract from the drama.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Glad to see all who wanted bunk beds are finally getting it seeing as its free tiny living is finally a complete pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Hur...ray? I think?
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Best news of the day.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

But...

But...

I know.
    I was here on launch day.

I have said it before, I do not actually think they are lying when they tell us the game engine can't do something.

BUT I am 100% serious when I say it is their fault, because they choose an inferior engine.
    Remember, the engine was optimized for online play aka "Second Life" but kid rated (hence the loading screens and neighborhoods). It literally could not do basements at release.
    That's the reason, btw, why pools didn't exist: Pools are basements with open tops, they literally could not be built; they released a Sims game with no mechanic in the engine for basements. They had to patch that functionality into the game engine after release.

So again, there is a difference at being angry at someone for refusing to tow a concrete slab with a bicycle. That is wrong and tacky. But you have all the right in the world to be mad at the person choosing to show up with a bicycle when he KNEW he was expected to tow a concrete slab.

I sometimes think that's why I'm a little less frustrated than some other players. See, I wasn't here on launch day. I thought the game was missing some basic things I needed to enjoy the gameplay and so I happily kept playing TS3 until late 2015. Either way, I think it is important that people voice their issues. And because everything depends on a budget it should be done clearly and repeatedly and yet always respectfully. Not saying that you don't do that - I wouldn't know - but the tone sometimes bothers me, especially on Social Media. The devs are just people doing their jobs within the constraints of a budget. And I believe they explore the possibility of implementing everything major parts of the community are asking for. But that's just my opinion.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

OZ97m4m.jpg

rxP6Qbl.png

But...

But...

While I can see sarcasm in your post, I just want to point out that devs did not ever say those things couldn't be done. (It was said about CaSt and Open World and I believe a CAS color wheel, but I could be mistaken about the last one.) They said that those things would take a while to work on because they are complicated. I know this because I had this conversation with Ninja myself regarding a Fear emotion. It was the Drama Llamas in the community who jumped to conclusions and spread falsehoods because, for some reason, they never want to take a dev statement at face value. I remember people declaring that Toddlers weren't possible because the Sims 4 engine was "too limited", lol.

So rejoice, all. Almost anything is possible.
    #Team Occult