Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has fame gain been reduced (a LOT)?

Today, for the first time in a year or so, I started playing with celebrities again, as in: nobodies who will eventually work their way up to global superstars. The last time I did this, the celebrity jumped from two stars to five stars for publishing one video game. This time, a video game barely helped them reach the second star, and little things such as live-streaming and posting on social media don't seem to do anything at all.

One of my new celebrities has a terrible reputation, so I bought her the perk that grants fame for misbehaving in public. She went to a trendy karaoke bar in Del Sol Valley and harassed people all day (and she's a vampire, so she doesn't get tired quickly), live-streaming the entire event, yet the fame progress bar didn't move one bit.

I remember it being hard, but not this hard. Disabling my mods changed nothing. So I wonder... Has the fame system been revised by any chance?

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    I can't talk about how ot was in the past or if it has changed, but nowdays I think it depends on the activities your sims pursue. I have been playing with fame with some of my sims latelly and I've noticed that recording videos and doing livestreams raises fame very very slowly. One of my sims just plays the piano in Willow Creek's nightclub and lives from the tips and she is raising fame super quickly.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Painting and performing at lounges rise the fame very fast in my game.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    My sim makes videos and writes fashion blogs. I got her to one star yesterday and it wasn't harder than I expected. Sure it took a while, but for me fame has always taken its' time.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Getting the first star is comparatively easy in my experience. All you have to do is write a good book, sell a good painting, or do a good job at acting, and you're there before you know it. (Literally; it has happened to some of my sims that I never even intended to become famous.) It's from then on that it becomes a struggle.

But anyway... I think I figured out why I've been struggling so much lately, compared to the last time I played with fame. That celebrity I mentioned, who became world-famous overnight for developing one video game, was living in a house with the Celebrity Home lot trait, which increases fame gain. That explains everything! The game didn't get harder, I was just used to playing it on a lower difficulty thanks to that lot trait, and now I feel dumb for not noticing this earlier. :s
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have not noticed a difference; I remember having to grind for it when the pack was new, too.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited February 2021
    I use Road to Fame to augment GF, since I very much needed my singer Sim back. However, Erik has been at the top for quite some time, now. He became a GS while in high school, continued making albums and doing concerts while in Uni. Is now married and the father of six children. He's still on the go. Make sure your Sims maintain their Simstagram accounts as well. Get them out and about in front of an audience. Even GS can lose fame, if they don't stay in the limelight. His eldest just became a Teen and he's got a star. His younger twin sisters, however, newly aged to Teen now have two stars, each. Melodie is into making vlogs, despite her father warning her of the dangers, and Harmony has a Simstagram account. I'll have to have Jamison pursue a music career, which means he really, really, really needs more practice singing. LOL If that happens, I'll let you know how long it takes. Erik managed in 16 Sim days from start to GS.
    Getting the first star is comparatively easy in my experience. All you have to do is write a good book, sell a good painting, or do a good job at acting, and you're there before you know it. (Literally; it has happened to some of my sims that I never even intended to become famous.) It's from then on that it becomes a struggle.

But anyway... I think I figured out why I've been struggling so much lately, compared to the last time I played with fame. That celebrity I mentioned, who became world-famous overnight for developing one video game, was living in a house with the Celebrity Home lot trait, which increases fame gain. That explains everything! The game didn't get harder, I was just used to playing it on a lower difficulty thanks to that lot trait, and now I feel dumb for not noticing this earlier. :s

Twenty minutes, real time to get that first star. I've had to restart my Sim quite a few times, and it takes twenty minutes. I had him sing in the Karaoke Contests, for starters. Practice like mad, write a song or two. Make those tracks on that music mixer machine thingy and release them. After that the pace got slower, downright painful in some cases. That last star was the hardest of all. I did use MCCC to give the kids the summer months off, however, so he had all day to apply himself.

v0HKNjt.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/