Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal has added so much spice to gameplay

I'm not sure where this discussion belongs so please move if necessary mods ๐Ÿ˜„ it's kind of feedback kinda general.

I just wanted to share my finalized thoughts on paranormal and the fear emotion because I have been busy lately, only playing here and there or finishing up builds. However,yesterday I had a chance to sit and play all day without interruption. Paranormal has really spiced up gameplay. And personally I think the fear emotion is pretty well balanced. Not too overwhelming at all. If anything I think it's a bit too easy to override but also it feels pretty natural when I think about how fear works in most real life situations. Unless you are constantly encounter with the thing that's causing your fear it's a pretty passive emotion. For me anyway. Give me some ice cream in the dark and my fear would greatly reduce ๐Ÿ˜…

I made a haunted school. It's a shame we can only use haunted lots as residential though. But I understand it's probably because the haunting is a slow progress that cannot be properly experienced on a community lot.

So a few students pulled up some school desk chairs and tried to communicate with the dead in secret in the bathroom.

F8NYfTD.png
NHfupLT.png
7As8NMi.png

We all heard a creepy noise and started to freak out a bit. (Me and my sims both)
Especially with the opening of the door with no sim walking through, and my sim looking over like what the heck lol

ZrcBVCO.png
s9g9N8J.png

Then one of them starts freaking out over the noises and my brave sim tries to calm him down.
aXYMN4a.png

This shot was funny because I had a club gathering if 16 sims. When I ended the gathering most if them went literally running home scared. And this one stopped in the door way and took a breath of fresh air like ahhhh I'm finally free (because I had doors locked) and continues running home in a panic lol
JCVH0yK.jpg

Night has fallen and since this has to be a residential lot I decided the students will just have to sleep here due to some unforeseen circumstances lol. I had candle light as back up just in case the lights went out as they did homework and good thing I did because they went out!! But the funny part was how the teacher literally looked at the light like omg and got scared.
6jz8L3n.png
KgTCvLQ.png
3wOQNTR.png
yP5yI3j.png

Caught the other teacher sitting in the dark doing a seyance in the bathroom lol.
5VG7pyA.png

Around 12oclock I put cc sleeping bags around and had everyone go to sleep when the weirdest thing happened.๐Ÿ˜ฏ One of my sims got up and started investigating something. I look up and it's a space ship!!! My first abduction after about a year so I was thrilled but the timing was so funny. Especially because I learned then that there was a hole in my roof! And he got abducted through the hole ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
OBmGenA.png
onPJC41.png
yeH5kG7.png

As I'm waiting for his return I look out the window and see something blue. I check the courtyard and it's a spectre!! (I use zer0's mod to make them look like spirits to add to the creep factor) he was just floating outside the window doing goodness knows what.
C6S4iXs.png
JSIt0Pb.jpg
There's more but I'll stop here because this is getting long ๐Ÿ˜…

It was a long eventful day and I was a bit on edge playing because I was constantly waiting for something and listening for noises but that's what made it exciting ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…. This was only day one. Maybe a bit too long because I used mcc to slow down time some more so it took almost all of my real day to get through a sim day lol I have to adjust that later.

Can't wait to see what day 2 has in store!!
I've always had fun with sims but this is some
of the most "excitement" I've had during gameplay. As you all know sims 4 is a bit of a lala land ๐Ÿ˜… it really felt good to break the mold.
And it's totally up my Alley. I really hope to see more packs like it. I can only imagine what an apocalyptic and fantasy pack would bring ๐Ÿคค

Thanks devs for this amazing pack and the fear emotion!! โค๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸคŽ I never thought it would happen but you guys totally did it!!๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like how it adds some much needed chaos to the game, I always try to get my sims haunted house as haunted as possible for maximum chaos
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love your story, your idea of the haunted school! Amazing!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like how it adds some much needed chaos to the game, I always try to get my sims haunted house as haunted as possible for maximum chaos

Good to hear! I think this game has been far too easy that it's caused simmers to get so used to the happiness that they want any problems nerfing.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love your story, your idea of the haunted school! Amazing!

Thanks!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2021
    For me it is one of the things that you never knew you needed in your life.

My police now has a department for paranormal investigations. It spices up their gameplay by giving me a new direction for the old familiar sims.

Unlike the investigators that went through in-depth training, in a side-save I play a haunted ship. The sims on it are unaware of the paranormal, therefore I do not let them skill up Medium just yet. First I want to see how bad it can get.

Plus, I activated free will...

0a11f41eab7597c4149d68e51be4a8eff76e9a07.png

...worth it B)

dbd0873b84fe186a832d0af88b2c56e2090b0368.png

"The shower grime is pretty bad here... We stirred it up and we see faces in it, because that's how the human brain works. Nothing strange at all."

2c4fe721ef53b1341854393adce932d66875d033.png

"Markus, come to the hold and look what we found there!!!"
    "More "ghosts"?"
    "Just come already!"

da7df5e4b4bc8e7e167563883ef77de81276aec4.png

"Markus, we need to talk. There's critters on my ship that do NOT belong here."
    "Yes, I know. The Happy Haunts..."

791b6c2f3bd6bf12ea09cd84bdbff78cdb7cb471.png

"What "haunts"? I'm talking the MICE! EEEEEEEEEEK!"

5b162bfef53992321644c4ede4b1b142806bc8c8.png

Poor little Happy Haunt - outclassed by mice.

427bed9cd365cab974a7a78f6a7213d073b5f82c.png

"You're cute. Do you by chance eat mice? If so, feel free to gorge on ours! Such an adorable happy haunt as you will be helpful, right?"

a546c99c4c14b460877d46a8b12b829369c35821.png

"Call me cute one more time and... grrrr."

f20e19c409df1290108f960de745cd432252b5b8.png

"Say, we don't have anything flammable in those boxes, no?"

4e1ceee5cc71e8eb5b397f3d23c053e6eb2d71f2.png

Long story short, I always wanted to play in a freighter, but had no idea what to actually have my sims DO there.

Freighter shell by wrathmall, interior by 69th_KeKe_Vlad
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    @EnkiSchmidt hahaha nice shots I love it!! Simmers creativity knows no bounds!! Great ideas. This pack really opened up a lot of gameplay.