Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SNOWY ESCAPE - FIXES / UPDATES (what need to be fixed?) CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK

carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
Hi Simmers!
We have now had Snowy Escape for a couple of months and I have seen both positive & negative feedback on the forum on it. I overall think it's a good pack, but that it really needs some fixes / tuning. I often see simmers ask for better communication between players and the sims team / Ea, and on the other side Ea / the sims team that’s repeatedly says that “the sims players makes the game”. Snowy Escape is still a recent pack, so I started this thread to gather all of your constructive feedback on it.

Ok. What do you think needs to be fixed / updated in Snowy Escape? What did you like / don´t like and how could this things be better implemented / fixed?

WHAT ARE YOUR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE ON THE PACK? PLEASE SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK!

<3 Happy Simming and stay safe out there! <3

FIXES / UPDATES FOR SNOWY ESCAPE

NEW RELATIONSSHIP – PROFESSIONAL RELATION
Add the new relationship status Professional Relation to avoid getting a lot of random friends / getting the “People person” lifestyle from a career.
*All relations at work (e.g. your colleagues, or the relations with your patients if you´re a doctor) or with working sims (e.g. the barista / librarian / food stand employee) will list as a Professional relation (work as a regular relationship but you will not become friend with them)
*Click on a sim in your relationship panel and choose “Get to know IRL” to start a “real” (friendly) relationship

NEW FREELANCE CAREER
Add the new freelance career: Outdoor sport instructor
Gigs: (both rabbit holes & active) Teach skiing / snowboarding / climbing, join a mountain excursion (random sims, you will get paid), judge a ski / snowboard competition
The Outdoor Sport Instructor -Freelance career could also add new gigs with new packs / skills. Some suggestions:

Beach destination
Surfing, Water skiing, Scooba diving, Volley-ball, Yachting/sailing

Nordic destination (Aurora skies)
Dog/Reindeer sledging, Cross country skiing, skating on frozen pond (add skating skill), Hiking excursions

Adventourus destination
Bungy jumping, Canoeing, Paragliding, Sky diving, Mountain biking

Sport pack
Tennis, Golf, Olympic sports, Baseball, Cross-country running, Orienteering, Basket (updated +add basket skill), Soccer (updated +add soccer skill)

Hobby pack
Skateboard, Archery, Inlines, Cricket, Frisbee

LIFESTYLES
*The notification that the sim has reached the limit of how much they can work towards a lifestyle in one day => also tell me which lifestyle
*Possibility to “turn off” specific lifestyles on a sim (= the sim can´t evolve this lifestyle)
*The Lifestyles needs to affects autonomous actions (e.g. A sim with the “Health Food Nut” shall not grab servings of popcorns/unhealthy quick meals all the time)

Close-knit / People person
*Should only count friends OUTSIDE the family (and no pets! You don´t need to be a People person just because you have a lot of kids/relatives)
*Higher minimum friends for the “People person” (you ain´t either Close knit or People person)
*Add the new relationship professional relation to avoid getting the “people person” from work (e.g. if your sim is a doctor and speak to their patients)

Junk Food Devourer
*Fix the animation so you can add bacon / sugar on a meal when SITTING and MULTITASK (=that you don´t need to cancel the eating action to add bacon / sugar and you sims don´t need to stand up to do this).
*Possibility to “add bacon / sugar” + grab a meal when taking a serving from a group meal

Adrenaline seeker
*Fix so you don´t get the “Adrenaline seeker” lifestyle from skiing/snowboarding on a low intensity level. Only activate this lifestyle from “high intensity” skiing/snowboarding/climbing.

Frequent Traveler
*Need some tuning or maybe give us the ability to “turn off” certain lifestyles on a sim?
Why not just activate this lifestyle if a sim travels A LOT?? And if they travels to new destinations all the time? “Frequent traveler” will start to activate on all sims in a family after ONE longer vacation (7 days). Some of my sims are interested in skiing as a hobby, Mt Komorebi is the only place where you can ski, but I don´t want them to have the “Frequent traveler”.

CLIMBING
*Make it´s possible for multiple sims to climb together (there is no option for it even when you “create a group” for multiple sims).
*Possibility to hire a Outdoor sports instructor for mountain excursions. A sim that work in the Outdoor sports instructor -Freelance career +climbing skill will get assigned to this NPC role.

SKIING / SNOWBOARDING
*Kids should be able to level up skiing & snowboarding to a LEVEL 5 (level up motor skill + skiing/snowboarding when performing this action)
*Option to race with a sim
*Can I please have a positive moodlet from skiing / snowboardning every now and then? (Even with a lower skill). I just get the sad moodlet: “Too many slopes” and “I'm not good at this”, even if my sim has a level 5 in skiing.
*Add a Outdoor sports instructor that can lurk around the slopes (similar to the “gym trainer” on a gym, can instruct and boost your skill gain). A sim that work in the Outdoor sports instructor -Freelance career +skiing / snowboarding skill will get assigned to this NPC role.
*Add competitions for Snowboarding and Skiing
Levels: Novice / Medium / Professional
Reward: Gold tropheé (designed for the skill) + Fame + Cash price

Boost your chances in winning:
1. High level in skill (e.g. Snowboard skill + Fitness skill)
2. Having a suitable mood (e.g. Energized)
3. Bribe the judge (lower impact if competing on a Professional level)
4. Sabotaging for other contestants (higher risk of getting caught and disqualified if having a low Mischief skill)
5. Cheat (higher risk of getting caught and disqualified if having a low Mischief skill)
6. You have performed / practiced the skill recently (it makes no sense that you would win competitions if your sim these days are a coach potato that once upon a time maximized the Fitness skill)

HIKING
*Make more "photo spots", and the ability to take a pictures at this spot without cancelling the hiking action (e.g. the bridge to the Temple should have a “take a photo” option).
*Make the final destination clickable (the Temple should have the option: “visit” -rabbit hole- & “take photo” -take a photo with another sim in front of the temple).
*Multitasking: possibility to take photos/catch spirits without cancelling the hiking action.

KOTATSU TABLE
*Add a Kotsatsu table for 8 sims
*Add the option for toddlers to sit and eat at the kotatsu table (I mean, what?)

WORLD - MT. KOMOREBI
*Make more of the scenery clickable (e.g. make it into rabbit holes, photo spots, or activities like hiking/climbing on walls. Just some small options will make this beautiful world more alive!).
*Make the shops in the Wakaba area clickable (rabbit holes): a sport gear shop (skiis /snowboards/climbing gear/etc, will have sales sometimes), a fast food restaurant (instead of a vending machine in this area), a tourist info, a tea shop. +Make it possible to become a business partner (own 10-100%) of a shop and gain profits from it (like in sims 3).

OTHER FIXES - SNOWY ESCAPE
*Add a moodlet after a vacation (don´t know if this is a bug, but I get no moodlet when I return to home).
*Add a list on things to do at festivals. Works similar to holidays => complete activities and gain satisfaction points +positive moodlet. Or ignore and no punishment/negative moodlet.
*SEASONS UPDATE: Add an option to choose what worlds/groups that are affected by a holiday (if I don´t want Winterfest in Mt. Komorebi)

SNOWY ESCAPE - BUGS
Lifestyles keeps adding (More than 3 lifestyles active at the same time)
Can't get rid of lifestyle

POSITIVE FEEDBACK
1. Fun with more cultural worlds
2. Lifestyles (it´s a good start, but needs some tuning)
3. Some things to interact with in the world: hiking / climbing on walls
4. Dogs can go on hike with sims
5. Option for chops sticks
6. The kotatsu table
7. Kids can go skiing / snowboarding
8. 2 sims can go sledding, toddlers can go sledding with another sim
9. Different skills for each activity: skiing / snowboarding / climbing
10. Sims can swim in the river (Can we please get a Swimming skill? = level up swimming +fitness)
11. Athletic skills also level up fitness (climbing = level up climbing + fitness)
12. Great idea that game changers / simmers built all the lots

@SimGuruGraham
Post edited by carpe_diem on

Comments

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Wow i call that dedication. These are very good points.

The only thing i would add is Yamachan. Should act more like a special NPC... Shoud have its own Yamachan Dance at least... There is the option to take a selfie with Yamachan and a toodler, would be cool to see the picture

___

To be honest i think giving feedback on a DLC/Update that they already released is somewhat pointless, because when do they ever go back and adjust the features that they worked on? But again a girl can dream i guess xD and maybe they add the feedback in their next DLC or expanding on it.

And when they say... ''You make the game'' they mean that you have to make it fun. So some simmers that can mod the game said... i am not gonna rely on EA to fix certain things about the game/ add on to it that i care about so let me just do it for myself and share it with the community.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I have only one comment. Mountain excursion needs to be expanded to be more like jungle adventure temple run with added challenges. It needs to be less trivial than it currently is. Once you hit climbing level 6 you just literally stroll through the whole trip to the top.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I have only one comment. Mountain excursion needs to be expanded to be more like jungle adventure temple run with added challenges. It needs to be less trivial than it currently is. Once you hit climbing level 6 you just literally stroll through the whole trip to the top.

Yes I agree! And thanks for you comment, it really got me thinking on how they could improve the excursions! :) Do you have any ideas on how? I also want more challenges... I got an idea for an interaction mode where you need to interact with your surroundings more (wild animals that can show up / Avalanches / interactive climbing) ...don´t know if it could improve it but I made a disscussion +poll on it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987333/do-you-want-interactive-climbing-excursions
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    PreCiious wrote: »
    Wow i call that dedication. These are very good points.

The only thing i would add is Yamachan. Should act more like a special NPC... Shoud have its own Yamachan Dance at least... There is the option to take a selfie with Yamachan and a toodler, would be cool to see the picture

To be honest i think giving feedback on a DLC/Update that they already released is somewhat pointless, because when do they ever go back and adjust the features that they worked on? But again a girl can dream i guess xD and maybe they add the feedback in their next DLC or expanding on it.

And when they say... ''You make the game'' they mean that you have to make it fun. So some simmers that can mod the game said... i am not gonna rely on EA to fix certain things about the game/ add on to it that i care about so let me just do it for myself and share it with the community.

@PreCiious Yeah a girl can dream hehe… :)

But I think that the Outdoor Sport Instructor could be used in a lot of new packs where we get new Outdoor Hobbies/Sports, so I do really hope that they will patch in this later on.

Professional relations is also something that is needed in the game (I mean why do I have A LOT of relationships with all this RANDOM townies???), and even more now when we got the People person/Close knit Lifestyle... :#

I do really like the idea with Lifestyles but they need to be fixed to be playable. I had to turn them off today because my sim got her third child and wasn´t even happy with the new one. She became SO TENSED because the new friend (her newborn baby) wasn’t in line with her Close Knit Lifestyle: “I HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS!!!”. What an awful parent! Luckily, babies are still objects so there were no hurt feelings… ;)

But your idea with Yamachan is really adorable! I would love if we could get the picture of toddler + yamachan in the inventory.... and hang it on the wall.... and just look at it... that's. so. cute. <3
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Suggested fix: Snowboards, skis, and the various potions for hiking trips - all need to be activated for placement in the storage bins/boxes we have in the game. Inventory gets too cluttered with STUFF and these items could instead be stored in a labelled box and then placed in personal inventory before going on a Snowy Escape visit.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    These are all really cool ideas! My biggest disappointment in Snow Escape were the festivals. I quite like the City Living festivals, and comparison the Snowy Escape ones just feel really empty. I like your idea of adding tasks--there's also a mini version of this in CL where, if your invited, there's usually ONE thing you got invited to do, that you get rewarded for completing in the allotted time. My sims have never been invited to a SE festival, so I'm not sure it's even possible. Adding that aspect of the CL festivals to the SE ones might help all on it's own. But also in general, beefing up the unique activities, moodlets, gameplay, ect, would be very welcome. I was so excited about the festivals, but as is, they're just so BORING, with nothing much to distinguish them really, which is a shame cause I love the concept of them. They just need a bit more oomph to hook the player in I think.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hot Springs

Sims can't do romance interactions in them unless they woohoo first.

Sims are freezing to death in hot springs.