Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Longer Sim Days

Hey guys, I think I probably know the answer to this as I have researched it a little myself before, but is there any way of making your sim days longer (slow down time) without actually slowing down the gameplay? The solutions that I have found make it pointless as apparantley it takes longer to complete actions too. Any answers are appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think MC Command Center can allow longer days. I've never used that setting though so I have no idea how well it works.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I think MC Command Center can allow longer days. I've never used that setting though so I have no idea how well it works.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I did find that, but that's one that apparantley makes all the actions take longer to do too. Seems to kind of render it pointless. :/ Thanks for the info though!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Isn't it the same if you just have longer seasons, so you get more days to do the things you want?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I woul love a mod that slowed down time because I never have enough time. For Sims 3 I used the relativity mod and another mod that altered daylight hours.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I use MCCC to have slower time, and it works well for my playstyle. It's true that specific tasks take longer than they would at default speed, but that's to be expected. You get used to it after a while. The biggest benefit is that you as the player can catch a breath between those tasks and let your sims live instead of only "doing things" for a while. Walking and talking, for example, don't take any longer to do than before, so you'd almost have to actually try to be late for university classes. If you live in a large house, you don't have to start walking out of the bedroom before daylight to get to the front door by noon (lol, ok I'm exaggerating that example, but the point is still valid). If you like events, you might find that you can meet your goals a bit more easily. Songs don't take longer to play or sing, TV shows don't take longer to watch, and so on. All in all I've found that sim time feels like a much more natural link to my own (real) time now.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think you should try mcc. If you don't like it change it back.
    I had my time slowed for years and I LOVE it. I didn't even realize it slowed gameplay?
    I'm debating on slowing it even more. I love the freedom and freetime I have to do what i need and what i WANT with an 8 sim household. Before then everything felt like a chore and desperate time struggle.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I've been using MCCC for four years to slow time, and I haven't noticed my Sims taking any longer to finish tasks. They cook, eat, bathe/shower, walk, and work on their computers just fine. Some of my Sims are pro gamers and their tournaments don't take any longer than what is normal. All the tasks associated with careers don't require any extra time as far as I can tell. But perhaps that is because after four years I just don't notice it. I do notice that little bit of extra time (I have MCCC set to it's lowest setting for slowing time) when there is a toddler in the home. I seem to have a lot of extra time to make sure the toddler builds their skills than I did before. The only thing I have noticed, is my Sims seem to get tired earlier at night. And I am not ashamed to admit I will use the UICheats Extension to give them a bit more energy so they will go to bed at midnight or so. The only way to know if you will like using MCCC is to try it out. If you don't like it you can just delete MCCC from your mods folder, and go back to the way you were playing. Just be sure to delete the Thumbnailache before you restart your game.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Have you tried the Never Weary trait?
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the replies! You're all so helpful on here. :)

Last night I decided that it couldn't hurt to give the MCC way a go, but when I went to try, I couldn't find the option? I'm not home right now, but I just had the idea that maybe I had to click on a mailbox or computer or something? Is that right?
    Sketch793 wrote: »

No, I haven't. I didn't even know that existed! The reason I want to slow down time though isn't because my sim gets tired too quickly, it's just because I want to be able to do more in a sim day.

I still appreciate the response though, thanks. :)
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    That's the point. You can get a lot more done in a sim day when your sim doesn't have to sleep.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's true, but it would be nice to have more daylight hours to do stuff, and I like to play most aspects of the game quite realistically. I'm fussy that way. :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2021
    If you just want to lengthen the time your sim has to do things get them a better bed, or upgrade the one you have, they don’t need to sleep as long that way, I don’t use mods, but some of my sims don’t need to sleep much because of the quality of their beds.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Thanks so much for the replies! You're all so helpful on here. :)

Last night I decided that it couldn't hurt to give the MCC way a go, but when I went to try, I couldn't find the option? I'm not home right now, but I just had the idea that maybe I had to click on a mailbox or computer or something? Is that right?
    Sketch793 wrote: »

No, I haven't. I didn't even know that existed! The reason I want to slow down time though isn't because my sim gets tired too quickly, it's just because I want to be able to do more in a sim day.

I still appreciate the response though, thanks. :)

You click on a computer. Click on mcc, click on mccc settings, and under that should be game time speed. That is how you slow down or make time go faster.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    If you just want to lengthen the time your sim has to do things get them a better bed, or upgrade the one you have, they don’t need to sleep as long that way, I don’t use mods, but some of my sims don’t need to sleep much because of the quality of their beds.

Yep, that can be a partial solution. I believe sims can get a full sleep in 6 hours, maybe less, with the best bed.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.