Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old thread don’t need help please lock

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
Aside from not living in the haunted residential lot.
I really like the theming a lot as I'm big into the paranormal.
But it literally makes it so she can't do anything else but hide under the covers because
every little creepy and crawlies make her shriek in fear.Moodlet said something about a sacred candle but
I can't seem to find it.:/
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2021
    Guidry, the flirty ghost in your house can help you and can give you advice on how to play the pack.

You can find the sacred candles in the reward trait store, they cost 500 points (you get points by just spending time in a haunted house so you should be able to afford them). Place them near the bed to help your sim sleep at night. You can reduce the amount of scary things that are happening by performing seances and that should make your sims less scared by reducing the level of scary things happening and you should also remove scary things that appear in your house.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Thank you :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    The general séances will reduce activity, but make sure your sim is not in the red or extremely scared, because if the séance gets interrupted, it might cause more activity instead of reducing it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    The general séances will reduce activity, but make sure your sim is not in the red or extremely scared, because if the séance gets interrupted, it might cause more activity instead of reducing it.

Oh boy 😬
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    My sims returned to their home one night around 3:00 AM and there was no sign of Guidry, Temperance, nor the specters or other ghosts. They could sleep well for the first time in like forever. I'll need to try again and see if this works on a regular basis, hope it does. I lighted the candle but it doesn't prevent them from being terrified and I remove all scary artifacts, though they are not so many. If that doesn't work I'm thinking of doing some exorcism and then changing the lot type to regular residential. So far they have been more or less sleeping through the day and working at night. Also Guidry has been hitting on my sim's wife and he found out, so for a while he had both anger and terrified moodlets. :lol:
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Question: How many players with issues with the constant fear actually follow the "story" in the pack? Because it is all structured like one big Tutorial; "Use this to limit fear", "You should do a seance now to limit fear" etc.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Question: How many players with issues with the constant fear actually follow the "story" in the pack? Because it is all structured like one big Tutorial; "Use this to limit fear", "You should do a seance now to limit fear" etc.

I wasn't aware there's a story. Guidry offered to give my sim his coat last time, not sure what that was about. I try not to do seances as I understand there is a lot more paranormal activity with seances. Right now my sims are being haunted mainly by Guidry and Temperance.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    Don't forget the brave reward trait is an option too! I cheated it on all my sims who are suppose to have a tough guy kinda personality so they wouldn't freak out too bad before I even started the haunting.

I made a haunted church but only wanted the basement haunted so I put sacred candles everywhere else.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited February 2021

People are of course free to play the pack how they want and not follow the "story" or not learn the medium skill, but you will probably end up having trouble because with this pack simguruconor and the others actually made it so the sims4 actually more of a game than a god simulator, which is why I like the gameplay in this pack a lot.
    edited February 2021
    I haven’t played sims 4 in a long time and came back because of the pack.I’m sorry. If this was asked before.
    edited February 2021
    Don't forget the brave reward trait is an option too! I cheated it on all my sims who are suppose to have a tough guy kinda personality so they wouldn't freak out too bad before I even started the haunting.

I was looking for the brave trait when creating my sim.🤭 I’m used to sims 3.haven’t played 4 in over a year.I have yet to encounter Guidry.
    I haven’t played sims 4 in a long time and came back because of the pack.I’m sorry....

Don't be, you are doing the right thing and asking for advice and learning :)

What worries me are the people that are going to have trouble playing this pack and end up complaining to the devs...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I was looking for the brave trait when creating my sim.🤭 I’m used to sims 3.haven’t played 4 in over a year.

Lol yea it's in the reward trait store. But it's so expensive I just used to the cheat sims.give_satisfaction_points 80000 or whatever number of points I wanted.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I wasn't aware there's a story. Guidry offered to give my sim his coat last time, not sure what that was about. I try not to do seances as I understand there is a lot more paranormal activity with seances. Right now my sims are being haunted mainly by Guidry and Temperance.

The coat is the reward CAS (Guidry's whole outfit, really) after 7 nights in a haunted house.

The "Story" comes from bits as you ask Guidry questions from the Guidry interaction category. Yes, he has his own while you're living in a Haunted House.

"Perform Ceremony" will keep the paranormal activity down. So far as I know, unless they're interrupted, none of the other Senace table interactions will increase paranormal activity. Guidry will continue to visit nightly until you turn his visits off with the hand (which was part of the answer to "why are you here" you can ask him. Temperance will show up once every ... I want to say 5 nights, but it might be every 7 nights starting on night 5.

(I sent a Sim through 4 terms at University while living in a haunted house, so about 30 sim days.)

I was looking for the brave trait when creating my sim.🤭 I’m used to sims 3.haven’t played 4 in over a year.

Lol yea it's in the reward trait store. But it's so expensive I just used to the cheat sims.give_satisfaction_points 80000 or whatever number of points I wanted.

Thank you! I will be doing that 🤪
    logion wrote: »
    I haven’t played sims 4 in a long time and came back because of the pack.I’m sorry....

Don't be, you are doing the right thing and asking for advice and learning :)

What worries me are the people that are going to have trouble playing this pack and end up complaining to the devs...

Oh I would never complain to the devs.I think this pack is super neat! That doll creeps me out 😂
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The coat is the reward CAS (Guidry's whole outfit, really) after 7 nights in a haunted house.

The "Story" comes from bits as you ask Guidry questions from the Guidry interaction category. Yes, he has his own while you're living in a Haunted House.

"Perform Ceremony" will keep the paranormal activity down. So far as I know, unless they're interrupted, none of the other Senace table interactions will increase paranormal activity. Guidry will continue to visit nightly until you turn his visits off with the hand (which was part of the answer to "why are you here" you can ask him. Temperance will show up once every ... I want to say 5 nights, but it might be every 7 nights starting on night 5.

(I sent a Sim through 4 terms at University while living in a haunted house, so about 30 sim days.)

I asked him that question but the answer but maybe I didn't pay enough attention to it. Didn't know it was possible to turn him off completely with the hand object. As for Temperance, she shows up every night in my game and breaks 2-3 objects every single time.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I asked him that question but the answer but maybe I didn't pay enough attention to it. Didn't know it was possible to turn him off completely with the hand object. As for Temperance, she shows up every night in my game and breaks 2-3 objects every single time.

If you want her to show up less, I'd reccomend doing the "perform ceremony" to reduce the Volatility.
    This pack is actually done quite nicely! Some of it really hits the creepy factor head on.XD
  • SoaveSoave Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Babykittyjade;c-17808410"]Don't forget the brave reward trait is an option too! I cheated it on all my sims who are suppose to have a tough guy kinda personality so they wouldn't freak out too bad before I even started the haunting.

I made a haunted church but only wanted the basement haunted so I put sacred candles everywhere else. [/quote]

Do you have it for download?
    This is an old thread I do not need help anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top