Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What historical era would you want most?

KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Imagine the Sims were going to release a pack with ONE world that was historical. Which would you prefer?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

What historical era would you want most? 154 votes

Pre-colonial North America
1%
KathMHughesCalico45 2 votes
Pre-colonial South America
0%
Forgeron 1 vote
Pre-colonial Africa
1%
CorkysPetalsMs_Mikamightysprite 3 votes
Classical Era (Greece & Rome)
13%
crocobauraredrogue60Isb917alanmichael1BariSaxyAquariusMomSajahiMissmagoo2OnversermusteniGenericTownieAbbyZWolfiumpermanentrosePeralAmapola76intothehorizoneElizaG2016EliasVersaceorenjiAi 21 votes
Medieval Era (and Byzantine?)
29%
ksstrekalan650111elanorbretonirishdragon7AncientMusegreydonnSimplyJenKatiardguezashcrash19blueyblueskyGirklmmb_abrGracieO312annaliese39mysph1tCAPTAIN_NXR7MovottiMasonGamerHermitgirlcaliposs 45 votes
Pioneer Age (Oregon Trail)
7%
bshag4lvasimbsimsimgirl1010luthienrisingSim2SporeBabykittyjadeEnkiSchmidtStrawberryYogurtjohnjetjoRN1414TruthGamer96 11 votes
Victorian, Edwardian NeoGothic
14%
tams2578JadeleineCelticgamer0WyrrenToriebestfrienemies14Daravifoxybillypammiechicktexxx78adele_katCeridwenLiELFZiafarHearts4uxxxsillysimsDianesimsSeashoreLiviaCatzillaLT24 23 votes
1920-1940s
11%
BluegayleSikoahGracePlayerSinger2010Mizzila1297duhboy2u2jineratorThenyoukissmeYBNS2468Destin2016birdonawireDrakosQueenofMyshunoizecsonKimmerMyriadSimsbookish_sammyReaganboganBlackSpiderBat 18 votes
1970s-1990s
9%
Icewolfalexspoom13friendlysimmersKulthero777KhrisstyneHarukotyansnoepjes1210FreezerBunnyCowplantlogionbella_gothClousinatorsDragonmasterleoCatLady21laura_iris 14 votes
Other
10%
GalacticGalSimburianAnmirlagoodcakebaker62mitchiebanjoSailorCetidrakharisMDianaSimsGrumpyGlowfishNorthDakotaGamerJasonschick80netney52Nate_Whiplash1tatselkVeeDubBettyNewbie1 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Pre-colonial North America
    I personally would pick pre-colonial turtle Island. I liked the Indigenous decor in Sims 3, and would like to use it to explore a lot of storytelling.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited February 2021
    I’d be happy to be able to play in any of those eras and areas really, but medieval gets my first choice provided that:
    • Sim’s phones can be replaced by other means to communicate, e.g. letters or word of mouth.
    • There are non-civilized areas in a medieval world: just a woods or empty fields to build on and perhaps a simple dirt track running through the landscape (we are in need of this regardless).
    • A curved wall tool and customizable ceiling tiles are patched in. Because Round Towers and creaking wooden ceilings.
    • It comes with horses.
    • Career: become a Knight Warrior or Dragon Slayer.
    • There are Dragons to be slayed. Or to befriend...

I can see an era/ world working like that if it’s part of time-travel gameplay, but not as a destination world. Once unlocked my sims should be able to live in it. Otherwise Windenburg will do.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The problem is, the medieval era is about 1000 years long, and contains a fair bit of variation in that time.
    Personally, I'd prefer the late medieval era.

Also, your list is more than a bit american heavy, but lacks Asia and Australasia.

My second choice, after late medieval, would be Han Dynasty China.
    And my third choice would be 1930's Australia.

There are non-civilized areas in a medieval world: just a woods or empty fields to build on and perhaps a simple dirt track running through the landscape (we are in need of this regardless).
    There wasn't much in the way of 'non-civilized' areas in medieval Europe. Farms were small, but numerous, and even woodland areas were reasonably well inhabited.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    1920-1940s
    I'm not into super old historical eras, because I don't know enough about them to play authentically. I love 40's and 50's and I'd like to have clothes and hair styles from those eras. This choice didn't have 50's included, but I chose it anyway.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I certainly wouldn't say no to any of the Pre-Colonial settings either, but the Medieval one is probably "safer" in terms of getting things acceptably wrong for the sake of Sims.

That and technically my first Sims game was Sims Medieval.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Really I'd be happy with any of them but I have a particular fondness for Medieval. I would also love the Oregon Trail, but I don't think it would happen for many reasons, especially right now.
    I do think it would be really fun to do an offshoot world area though where they are limited (no phones especially) and can live there if they chose in an era in the past. Maybe they could travel to them in a time machine or be teleported there in a dream ect.
    I'd rather build/buy be open though so we can tell our own stories of either living like or among the locals or ... trying to build something to get back to your life ect... story wise. I wouldn't be as interested though if it was just a destination world, but I guess it could be fun.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Pre-colonial Africa
    I'd be happy with any of these. It would be great if they made separate packs for the different eras (I doubt if they would have multiple time periods for one pack). The question arises, how to do it? Vacation spot? Hidden world accessed via time travel? The set-up for Batuu is pretty perfect for this kind of thing although I hope they could disable the cell phones.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    If they choose to do a historical era world (or worlds), I could only see it working it well if it were a spinoff rather than a pack. If not, I likely wouldn't buy it. If so, I'd like to see the Sims version of the Renaissance.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2021
    It would be fun if they did it as time travel, something like Batuu? Although the downside would be you couldn't live there, but to me it makes sense. Actually I wish we got this instead of Batuu.
    1. Classical
    2. Medieval
    3. Victorian
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Other
    Prehistoric, with jungles and dinosaurs.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    1970s-1990s
    Prehistoric, with jungles and dinosaurs.

spore?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Medieval with horses, dragons, farm animalss, no phones, and not just a vacation. I want my sim to be able to live there, and I don’t want to see sims from the modern world there either. I would begin a new game for this one, or we could travel back in time and live there!
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    Other

I would want a world inspired by Renaissance era Italy or Tang Dynasty China.

Aesthetically, this should add lots to the Build Buy.

Conceptually, I think this could work well in some sort of tourism pack as some sort of new cultural activities/skills can be added (eg wine making, playing traditional musical instruments).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't want any. I like playing with my sims in the current era and I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but I really don't want anything adding to my game that doesn't integrate well with the current time setting. :#
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    1970s-1990s
    Most of all I want Medieval, but I feel it would be better in a fully fleshed spin-off like SimsMedieval 2.0.

So I'm voting for my second favorite - Mid-Century. I'm not sure why there's gap in the vote between 40's and 70's. Actually I'm specifically interested in 50's-60's stuff ))) So I've assumed they belong to the option with 70's.

As for 70's I feel we've already had some of its vibes with recent SP. But there's always room for more and I wouldn't mind to see 80's specific content as well. That type of stuff in TS3 was hilarious.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I always want more Victorian stuff but honestly, anything that predates the 70s is fine with me.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Classical Era for sure! Bring on the mythology.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Other
    1980-1990 punk and new wave culture and music.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I'm for Classical Era too.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    1970s-1990s
    most of these options would fit better in a spin off like sims medieval rather than in a single pack for ts4
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    most of these options would fit better in a spin off like sims medieval rather than in a single pack for ts4

They would, but I'd rather have them connect to my existing game. I think that if Sims Medieval was able to connect to Sims 3, I would have played Sims 3 more and enjoyed the gameplay of Medieval more. Having them be separate entities meant not as much customization in Medieval and too much linear questing. I love the concept of Sims Medieval but I didn't want the game to tell me how to play it, I wanted more freedom so I didn't stay engaged.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member

Yes, but Greek gods with their weird family tree would fit so well in the Sims. They had a God for everything and could appease them to get their help. And since they are immortal, they could totally fit in with the modern cell phone carrying sims. :lol:

tumblr_nnbxnaQdGK1unvhm3o1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I want an Ancient Rome pack with horse racing and gladiators.
  • Options
    1970s-1990s
    LiELF wrote: »

They would, but I'd rather have them connect to my existing game. I think that if Sims Medieval was able to connect to Sims 3, I would have played Sims 3 more and enjoyed the gameplay of Medieval more. Having them be separate entities meant not as much customization in Medieval and too much linear questing. I love the concept of Sims Medieval but I didn't want the game to tell me how to play it, I wanted more freedom so I didn't stay engaged.

well there could be some kind of crossover
    also doesn't necessarily has to be like sims medieval with quests, it could be like the main sims games, just set on other times :)
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yes, but Greek gods with their weird family tree would fit so well in the Sims. They had a God for everything and could appease them to get their help. And since they are immortal, they could totally fit in with the modern cell phone carrying sims. :lol:

oh man, the Hercules Disney movie made such a great job making people believe greek gods are innocent funny characters LOL
    if we ever get greek mythology on the sims i'd stick to the disney version, please lol
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want my sims to be kings and queens
    more for sim kids and more drama please