Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Palm Trees

DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
edited February 2021 in Off Topic Chat
For all those non-believers ...

Check out the third picture in this news article from today:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-17/acropolis-covered-by-rare-snow-as-cold-snap-hits-athens/13162034

Two palm trees on Athens beach, "tall palm trees and sunbeds were draped in white". (in Greece).
Although the article describes the event as rare, it's not the first or only time it's happened.
There is also a town in Western Australia called Albany that has palm trees in it's central business district, which receives snow every year.

Thanks.
I remember you from university, I still have your story.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    For all those non-believers ...

Check out the third picture in this news article from today:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-17/acropolis-covered-by-rare-snow-as-cold-snap-hits-athens/13162034

Two palm trees on Athens beach, "tall palm trees and sunbeds were draped in white". (in Greece).
    Although the article describes the event as rare, it's not the first or only time it's happened.
    There is also a town in Western Australia called Albany that has palm trees in it's central business district, which receives snow every year.

Thanks.

Actually snow is believable in Athens, but what's more amazing is that they all managed to pull out cold-weather gear and are outside in the snow. Canadians on the other hand are usually indoors and curled up by a warm fire. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer the non-believer thing is about those who would claim having snow in The Sims when there are palm trees either in your yard or your town, is unacceptable.
    We have palm trees too. Though they're not what you would consider the usual palm trees.

5207576717_b129c2847c_b.jpg
    (not my image)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    You reminded me of a review I read about Roaring Heights, saying that Art Deco and a tropical place don't match. This person has never been to São Paulo, for sure.

@Nikkei_Simmer It seems to me as if Palm trees can't get tall enough where you are.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    @thuggishsplicer clearly there's a few fantasies that've become too real for some.
    Art deco is not just a style. It was a time, an era. And that is global. In fact, art deco is defined as being from the period between the two WORLD wars. It's not unique to one place, nor type of place.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there, FYI: moving this thread to the Off-Topic section. :)
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Ok, but can I ask, why it is "Off-Topic". I am living in Europe, and we sure have both palms and snow in South England. I am considering to buy the game pack with Batuu, but not sure, if it works, when I haven't got the Seasons/weather expansion.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    You reminded me of a review I read about Roaring Heights, saying that Art Deco and a tropical place don't match. This person has never been to São Paulo, for sure.

@Nikkei_Simmer It seems to me as if Palm trees can't get tall enough where you are.

No kidding...I guess they never saw Casablanca.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @thuggishsplicer Guess they don't like snow though I don't know why.

Snow is just frozen water.

Palm trees can be so picky sometimes.
    GYZ6Ak9.png