Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the logic behind scholarships?

Should i apply before applying to university? Or after? Why do i only get one or two available scholarships to apply?

Comments

• Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Before, or it won't apply for that semester. All the ones that show up are the ones your eligible for. Being eligible doesn't mean you get in. Like the drama scholarship requires high acting to show up, but you're not guaranteed to get in.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Before, or it won't apply for that semester. All the ones that show up are the ones your eligible for. Being eligible doesn't mean you get in. Like the drama scholarship requires high acting to show up, but you're not guaranteed to get in.

Oh so i should work on the skills before i apply... thanks!
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    For the athletic and e-sports ones, I believe you have to have the skill and join the team before applying. Might be wrong.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You should apply for scholarships at least one full day (24 hrs) before enrolling in University. That's how long it takes for the scholarship applications to be processed.

The Athletic and E-Sports scholarships require you to join the team, which counts as a career. This happens automatically when you enroll if one of those scholarships has been awarded. You can only have one of these two scholarships and you will lose any other career your Sim has. The teams take about 10 to 15 hours a week for practices and games. Don't apply for these scholarships if you aren't ready for that.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    It is aimed at sims that are born in game that acquire skills over a life time to when they’re at YA, they’ve got a bunch of stuff to apply for.

—T
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Some of my sims got a long list to apply, but I mostly send sims who grew up in game, like To7m stated.

One scholarship I really don't get the grip on is the "resident" one. When my sim has lived in Newcrest all her life, she can get a Newcrest scholarship for first term. She moves into a private dorm (technically a private home) in Britechester, and from there she can no longer apply for the Newcrest scholarship. I wish the game did not consider her a Britechester local just because she lives there during her studies. She returns to Newcrest asap. Feeling sorry for the Britechester foundation here, if they support all students living near University while studying... makes no sense.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thanks @To7m and @Simmerville
    That is def the reason i only get one or two scholarships to choose. I play in big rotations and i'm always restarting new saves so i rarely play the second generation, whith sims born in game...
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    You can also check out Carl's to see what are the (approximate) requirements for getting scholarships: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/degrees.php
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr