Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your priorities for ts4?

bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
what content, feature, object, system, do you feel the game needs for you to feel it's complete? say you love faeries and you want them so much on ts4. you get them and you're like "wow we finally got faeries on ts4 now it feels complete for me!"
i know there are many threads about this but wanted to make another one lol

for example popular requests are color wheel, better babies, highschools, open worlds, bunk beds, spiral staircases, farms, etc.

mine are improved AI, emotions & traits rework, attraction system, interests, bug fixes, color sliders, open neighborhoods, toggles for no random townies spawning & story progression, CAW, more interactions, more things for our sims to do, etc. also cheaper packs (ea can afford it) & less misleading/dumb marketing. and ea, hire more people for Maxis, care a little bit now will you?

so, what are yours? are you happy with the game already?
i'd love if people keep it to oneself and this does not become a "why would you want x? we don't need x/we need z"
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Attraction system is the thing I really want the most. I'm tired of my sims having no opinion who they fancy. Then I also want horses. I don't feel like they would improve the game much overall, but I still want them because I didn't play TS3 and it would be the first time for me. I've also wanted an emotion/trait overhaul, but starting to give up on that wish as it's been so long and I'm wondering if they want to do such major changes to the basegame. So I'm hoping they fix the lifestyles instead (especially people person) and maybe add other systems that give sims more character.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    CAW, color sliders, spiral stairs
    random events, wants/fears,
    generations,
    cars and bikes, music bands
    penguins
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'll be good if we finish off the "big 5" of supernatural critters (Ghosts, Spellcasters, Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries) that are found in some form in most cultures. (Faeries being the most mutable, but "semi-capricious Nature spirits that can be helpful if you're nice to them" is a lot to write out) So Werewolves and Faeries.

After that, a trait overhaul would be nice, so that traits actually did things. And interests/hobbies so that my sims will do things based on those interests autonomously. Of course, hobbies would have to include things they can already do (reading, playing music) as well as new crafts and new activities (board games, casual sports, etc.) After that... eh. Not needing mods for Story Progression (or having story progression actually follow a script of some kind based on traits, interests, and backstory) or attraction would be nice, but not that high on my list of things TS4 "needs"

But at this point, I feel I've gotten enough enjoyment out of TS4 in the not quite two years I've been playing that if they were to announce TS5 tomorrow, and with it the end of TS4 packs, I wouldn't feel like I'd been shorted, even if it did mean I'd be starting over again.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Honestly this is never ending for me. I don't feel like it ever "ends" there is so much stuff that could potentially be added no matter how small or big. And so much stuff I still want to see in this game I can't narrow it down....
    From detailed animations, more togetherness,more interactions and group/couple activities, to more packs, trait/emotion overhaul, more men clothes, more little animals,more sentiments, more occult stuff. Upgraded aliens, underwater lots... lol so much...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This would make the game feel complete to me:
    - werewolves
    - wants and fears
    - autonomy overhaul

This would add to my enjoyment:
    - historical features
    - active school
    - horses
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    1) Attraction
    2) Whims update
    3) Emotion reworks
    4) Hobbies/Interests
    5) Worlds update - all water swimmable and create routing for roads to allow cars/horses in the future.
    6) Multifunctional lots
    7) Generational gameplay, including better babies
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Part of me wants cars, high schools, farms, more active careers, generations, body hair, customizable colors etc... and the other part of me wants to move on because the game will never be complete. Their whole business model is based on the game never being complete.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2021
    For me to enjoy the game more, my wants are minimal.

1. A better AI, where the sims do not act like they are tech-addicts.

2. An attraction system with custom toggles so the player has more control.

3. Ability to have employment options that do not use any electronic devices what-so-ever.

4. Ability to easily customize which era I want the game to be set. I know there are players who do not want the modern day agendas forced in-game.

5. More family gameplay that is not so "young adult/adult" centric. The toddler, kids, teen, and elders all need gameplay that is specific just for them.

With just those few things, I think the game would be much more appealing and player friendly.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Fixes. I know, its a very long shot, and im the only one, apparently but still i prefer a polished game instead tons of half-baked dlcs.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    generations,
    penguins

What is CAW?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Wolfium wrote: »
    generations,
    penguins

What is CAW?

Create A World. Basically a world creator tool.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited February 2021
    Tantalus wrote: »
    Fixes. I know, its a very long shot, and im the only one, apparently but still i prefer a polished game instead tons of half-baked dlcs.

I agree. The game is in dire need of some fundamental, and loads of minor, bug fixes. Adding new content or more complex systems to a game with so many bugs won't fix it. It'll only make it less playable/enjoyable.

As for new/improved features I'd like more control over how (many) sims are generated and how NPC roles are assigned. That includes whether or not/how many occults the game creates, etc, etc.

But first, bug fixes.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Real babies and more unique game play for babies, childen, teens and elders...

Currently it feels like everything revolves around young adults/adults and as a family player that is not always where my game play is centered.

More realistic romantic interactions...

My sims should be able to cuddle in bed or on a couch while watching TV, they should be able to slow dance together.

Fix the bugs and glitches.

The game will never feel complete to me until it has these things.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    its silly but i just want couple dancing really

I've been begging for it since release and at this point if it never arrives I'm just gonna go crumplebottom on world probably

obviously i also still really want various other things like occults and memories and wants and fears and all sorts of romance interactions and systems and whatnot...

but really if they just added beautifully animated detailed romantic couple dance i would probably cry tears of joy already

pls i beg
    a2b.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    - Elves/Fairies/Werewolves (would prefer Elves most of all, but if they feel generous...)

- Ghost Sim Overhaul (friendly or evil ghost, abilities that increases as ghost grows in strength)

- Romantic Interactions, most of them has already been covered, but I'll add: Romantic Woohoo, where the Sims walks hand in hand to the chosen place, Faithful Pledge were your Sims grasp each others hands and swears to be true to each other (no more straying for those Sims unless the player breaks it for them), the option for a Sim in a relationship to reject other Sims and state why. Long Embrace, for those Sims who have missed each other terribly over the weeks or months. Supporting Embrace, similar, but two Sims that comforts each other and whispers words of comfort. And yes, slow dancing is a must.

- And I at least want my Sim to acknowledge that he or she is cheating, and severe relationship loss if the cheated Sim catches you, with the relationship bar being locked for a week or more with the Sim constantly being sad/angry at you if you try to talk to them. Forgiveness have to be earned, either your Sim works for it, or you control the other Sim and make them very forgiving.

- More family interactions, teens doesn't really feel like teens outside of school. My teen is always 18-19 because of this. Toddler and child interactions with both parents.

- I'm fine with the stuff packs we have for now, unless they add unique items.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I have just one---make Sims feel like real people, people with different personalities.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    More interesting/diverse worlds, fairies and fixes to the many, many bugs.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Better personalities and werewolves , all I ask +restorable car.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    What I would like:

More historical story abilities - like a medieval world/clothing/hair
    Babies -freed with pushchairs/prams, playpen and swing chair like in sims 3!
    Colour sliders on everything
    More designs for rugs/soft furnishings, current ones are boring

My dream would be a farm but I know thats not possible :(

Dont care about:
    Traits
    Fears & wants ( I decide what my sims want or fear!)
    attraction system (I decide who they date/marry)

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Body hair.
    More tattoos
    Slow dancing
    A better romance system (could care less about an attraction system)
    Water terrain tool. I want my ponds back.
    Sims to be able to swim in oceans other than in Sulani
    Houseboats
    Real Estate
    Free babies from the basinet
    Minor pets/animals (snakes, birds, turtles, goats, chickens, ducks)
    I gotta long list of things will never happen lol
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Toggles. For pretty much everything.

I don't really want "fewer" things put into the game, but I'd love to be able to more fully control what goes into MY interpretation of the game. For example, I totally understand why many people want more/better emotions and such, but I'm personally not fond of some of the ways such things are (or might be) implemented. Beyond a baseline (such as we already have) I prefer to define for myself what and why my sims are feeling in any given situation. Essentially I guess I just wish it were more of an actual sandbox where each of us as individuals could more easily make our own rules for how we play.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Attraction system/romantic interactions
    Overhaul of sims personalities
    Overhaul of all the life stages/gameplay specific for life stages
    Toggles
    More hobbies
    Interactions between sims that are not just talking animations.
    Make the thought bubbles resemble what the sims are actually talking about
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Better babies and teens
    Attraction system
    Werewolves
    Slow dancing
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    Untethered babies with fun interactions with them IE bathing, playing. Baby eventually sitting up, crawling and/or cruising the furniture.
    More romantic interactions for couples, or potential couples IE walking hand-in-hand, or even arm-in-arm. Slow dancing would be nice, too.
    Award show for Sims in music, a better chance for written songs to be recognized. IE not just a pop-down saying your Sim won an Accolade, but an actual invitation to attend the ceremony with them RECEIVING the award.
    More musical instruments IE Drum set; bass; some wind instruments.
    Dancing Lessons for Child/Teen/ and up Sims IE Ballet; tap. Ball Room dancing (to go along with the slow dance for our couples).
    Better Weddings IE the guests actually sit and watch the ceremony. Bring gifts, et al.
    Showers: Bridal, Baby, with gifts, food and games.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Untethered babies with fun interactions with them IE bathing, playing. Baby eventually sitting up, crawling and/or cruising the furniture.
    More romantic interactions for couples, or potential couples IE walking hand-in-hand, or even arm-in-arm. Slow dancing would be nice, too.
    Award show for Sims in music, a better chance for written songs to be recognized. IE not just a pop-down saying your Sim won an Accolade, but an actual invitation to attend the ceremony with them RECEIVING the award.
    More musical instruments IE Drum set; bass; some wind instruments.
    Dancing Lessons for Child/Teen/ and up Sims IE Ballet; tap. Ball Room dancing (to go along with the slow dance for our couples).
    Better Weddings IE the guests actually sit and watch the ceremony. Bring gifts, et al.
    Showers: Bridal, Baby, with gifts, food and games.

All of this!