Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations might be REALLY coming soon (speculation)

So, I am not in for anything like that (I am still crossing my fingers for other contents) but since the Batuu GP I started noticing that those in the EA GameChanger program (and even a lot of other creators with a huge following) create contents that suggest what will be up next in a subtle way.

In the Generations case, for example, I see a lot of contents about it being delivered by a lot now.

Let's start with PLUMBELLA: she created two videos about how sims 3 generations was amazing and how much she wants it back.
First video was uploaded 11 months ago and second video just a week ago.
I KNOW - she loves ts3. But follow me into the next step.

LILSIMSIE made a lot of family contents lately:
- on january 1st she posted a video with a wishlist of all the things she wants for ts4; it is ALL about generations; just this, nothing more than a generations pack;
- various new vids are about buildind mansions for families (with a lot of babies too) and some on how fast they grow or how much does it cost to raise a baby;

DELIGRACY too is building MANSIONS.
It is like everybody likes mansions lately!

Last, MSGRYPHI just built a large Tudor family home and a family cottage.

I researched more and more before coming up with this and A LOT of creators are delivering starter home for families or family related contents.

What do you think about it?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I certainly hope so.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    They need to spend more time on the forums and see what we want here, not just listen to them🙄

Yes! Like more moustaches!! Please.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm a little lost on how Mansions = Generations, other than lots of rooms? I guess.

But I tend to build Victorian manor houses, complete with former staff areas "downstairs" Granted, I'm not a gamechanger. But I think that's a stretch.

I've looked at what was in TS3 Generations, and I think it's far more likely we're getting a School pack to expand upon Child and Teen lifestages which will cover the bulk of what was in Generations that we don't have so far. (There are still adult and elder elements missing, those might come in stuff packs or a future Game pack.)

But then, other than the financial benefit of having it all in one pack, I don't get why people want Generations to be specifically "Generations for Sims 3 exported exactly for Sims 4" 1) there are several systems that TS3 Generations added for that game that are already in TS4 (dating, I believe being one example). 2) I think there's more potential gameplay development if they split it between packs (See Vampires)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm not sure if we are getting a generations replica or how they will choose to deliver the content. Since ts4 always try to take different approaches.but I feel EXTREMELY confident that a family pack is coming this year. With many things simmers wanted. And yes I would personally take those GC videos as a hint too🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    @DaWaterRat when people talk about wanting generations I believe they just want more family content. And specific content for each life state like generations added. Kids for example can barely do anything except play with toys and dollhouses. And I think we almost all equally hate the huge playground stuff lol I would love to see bikes and normal small playground equipment. But more importantly fun interactions for kids that don't require and object. Like patty cake.

Or atleast I hope they're not expecting a ts3 replica 😅😅 I agree about splitting it though! And I'm hoping for that school pack.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope you’re right!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    When I say I want a generations pack I don't mean a remake of the sims 3 but merely the idea from the sims 3. I want my life stages to have more to do and I want my sims to feel like a family and not a household of strangers. I want more interactions between my sims that are not just talking but playing and getting to know other sims on a deeper level. Even the romantic options in the game are lacking. Here's just a sample list of the things I would want in a generation's pack.

Game Play Objects
    • Bunkbeds
    • Treehouses
    • Tea sets
    • Bikes/tricycles
    • Skateboards
    • Strollers/wagons
    • Wall Phones
    • Canes
    • Kids easel /playset
    • Slides for all ages
    • Mary -go-round
    • teeter-totter
    • Hopscotch
    • Jump rope
    • Trampoline
    • Porch swings

Game Play
    • Tag/cops & robbers/mary mack/playing catch
    • Slumber parties
    • Baby showers/gender reveals
    • Bachelor/bachelorette parties
    • Funerals
    • Field trips
    • Family Reunions
    • Memories
    • Turn on/offs
    • Wants/Fears
    • Fleshed out relationships
    • Ask parents for significant others hand in marriage
    • Grandparents can babysit
    • Elders make wills
    • Spin the bottle (teen game)
    • High School Graduation
    • Proms

Objects
    • Clutter for kids rooms/nurseries
    • More baby/kid/teen wall hangings
    • Elder like furniture or older furniture
    • New wallpapers for kids and teens
    • New toddler furniture

As for babies, I would hope that they come in a free patch with some of these items
    • Cribs
    • Changing tables
    • Playpens
    • Swings
    • Bouncers
    • Rattles

Also, on a side note, I would love it if parents could also tuck in their teens. or at least have a special interaction with them when saying goodnight.

You should add photobooths and pillow fighting to that list. Slow dancing might come with a Generations Pack as well.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    When I say I want a generations pack I don't mean a remake of the sims 3 but merely the idea from the sims 3. I want my life stages to have more to do and I want my sims to feel like a family and not a household of strangers. I want more interactions between my sims that are not just talking but playing and getting to know other sims on a deeper level. Even the romantic options in the game are lacking. Here's just a sample list of the things I would want in a generation's pack.

Game Play Objects
    • Bunkbeds
    • Treehouses
    • Tea sets
    • Bikes/tricycles
    • Skateboards
    • Strollers/wagons
    • Wall Phones
    • Canes
    • Kids easel /playset
    • Slides for all ages
    • Mary -go-round
    • teeter-totter
    • Hopscotch
    • Jump rope
    • Trampoline
    • Porch swings

Game Play
    • Slumber parties
    • Funerals
    • Field trips
    • Family Reunions
    • Memories
    • Turn on/offs
    • Wants/Fears
    • Elders make wills
    • High School Graduation
    • Proms

Objects
    • New toddler furniture

As for babies, I would hope that they come in a free patch with some of these items
    • Cribs
    • Changing tables
    • Playpens
    • Swings
    • Bouncers
    • Rattles

Also, on a side note, I would love it if parents could also tuck in their teens. or at least have a special interaction with them when saying goodnight.

You should add photobooths and pillow fighting to that list. Slow dancing might come with a Generations Pack as well.
    Let me think real quick! If Slow dancing first appeared in the trailer of Generations, it might be in a Generations pre patch along with R&B music
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm a little lost on how Mansions = Generations, other than lots of rooms? I guess.

But I tend to build Victorian manor houses, complete with former staff areas "downstairs" Granted, I'm not a gamechanger. But I think that's a stretch.

I've looked at what was in TS3 Generations, and I think it's far more likely we're getting a School pack to expand upon Child and Teen lifestages which will cover the bulk of what was in Generations that we don't have so far. (There are still adult and elder elements missing, those might come in stuff packs or a future Game pack.)

But then, other than the financial benefit of having it all in one pack, I don't get why people want Generations to be specifically "Generations for Sims 3 exported exactly for Sims 4" 1) there are several systems that TS3 Generations added for that game that are already in TS4 (dating, I believe being one example). 2) I think there's more potential gameplay development if they split it between packs (See Vampires)

I didn't want it to appear like a link between the two things, yet mansions built by those creators are made for big families, so I made this connection :) sorry if I explained it wrong
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    interesting observations...not sure if it's definitely an upcoming pack, if they talk with each other about ideas or coincidence. But certainly something to keep an eye on.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Game Play Objects
    • Bunkbeds
    • Treehouses
    • Tea sets
    • Bikes/tricycles
    • Skateboards
    • Strollers/wagons
    • Wall Phones
    • Canes
    • Kids easel /playset
    • Slides for all ages
    • Mary -go-round
    • teeter-totter
    • Hopscotch
    • Jump rope
    • Trampoline
    • Porch swings

Game Play
    • Slumber parties
    • Funerals
    • Field trips
    • Family Reunions
    • Memories
    • Turn on/offs
    • Wants/Fears
    • Elders make wills
    • High School Graduation
    • Proms

Objects
    • New toddler furniture

• Cribs
    • Changing tables
    • Playpens
    • Swings
    • Bouncers
    • Rattles

Also, more things to be added as well
    • Slow dancing
    • R&B (Only come in the update patch)
    • Geek rock (After Discover University didn't add one)
    • Favorites
    • Zodiac signs (Only come in the update patch)
  • lostatcorelostatcore Posts: 35 Member
    I would love a Generations pack for The Sims 4. The only thing I worry about is that The Sims 4 is still missing SO MUCH content that they'd never be able to compete with how 'complete' the Generations pack made The Sims 3 so people will probably just be disappointed in it regardless. There are a lot of things from the list above though that are a must if they did release it for sure!
    Cars should come in a Pre Generations Update.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    lostatcore wrote: »
    I would love a Generations pack for The Sims 4. The only thing I worry about is that The Sims 4 is still missing SO MUCH content that they'd never be able to compete with how 'complete' the Generations pack made The Sims 3 so people will probably just be disappointed in it regardless. There are a lot of things from the list above though that are a must if they did release it for sure!

That's my biggest fear too, that people are expecting a TS4 Generations pack to include the majority of what was included in TS3 and I just don't think that will ever happen. I think some people are bound to be disappointed when they've waited all this time for a "Generations" pack and it turns out to only have a handful of things they're expecting (and it will more than likely be the easiest and cheapest things to implement and not much more).

While I do want a Generations type pack so there's more activities for life stages besides just young adult and adult, I've set my expectations to very low.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited February 2021
    I can certainly see a generations pack coming after a baby update, making babies real and not just objects, and a baby stuff pack.

If they have a generations pack I really want to see activities for Teens, children, toddlers and elders,,and even babies. Kids should have bikes, toddlers trikes and ride on toys, teens and kids should have skateboards, and razors. And I know we have roller skating rinks, but why not outdoor skates for kids to skate around their neighborhood? Elders need some activities too, how about bingo, and shuffle board or croquet, canes, and walkers, and a few more older styled clothes, more children and toddler clothes, and some hip clothes for teens, maybe some goth stuff thrown in. Several different types of arcade games would be great to add for children on up too, and how about being able to make our own skatepark for children and teens? Some young adults may even like that. And shouldn’t we be able to have family pictures taken by this time? Maybe a photo booth too. How about a sewing machine with patterns for babies through elder. I’d like to have games we can put on the shelf take out and place on tables to play, things like monopoly, or operation, or the game of life, for ages children through elder. Toddlers could use a few more toys too, and be able to play some of them with children, why can’t my toddler carry around a stuffed animal or doll? I’d like to see volleyball come back for 2-8 sims. Sims 2 had a great volleyball game. And I want to see my professional baseball player be able to toss a baseball to his son or daughter and play catch with a mitt ( would love to be able to put a clutter mitt and baseball on a shelf too ). Babies should have a crib, changing table, blanket to lay on placed in or outdoors, be able to be laid down on a sofa,or love seat, learn to turn over and make sounds other than crying. Have a swing, a baby carrier/seat, have a packable crib, should be able to be put in a snuggly on a teen through elder. Have a bouncer. Toddlers and babies should be able to be placed in a stroller and strolled around the neighborhood, or taken off to a park, store or vacation lot. Ohh, and children should be able to play tag, cops and robbers and things like that with Each other, it would be nice to have few a outdoor kids games too like 4 square and hopscotch too.

Well that’s all I can think of for now.

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited February 2021
    More family content is always great and I wouldn't mind more but as far as I see it we already have a generations type pack called parenthood. We also have toddler stuff and kids room stuff. How much more kiddy stuff do we need? Well I would like bunk beds.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    More family content is always great and I wouldn't mind more but as far as I see it we already have a generations type pack called parenthood. We also have toddler stuff and kids room stuff. How much more kiddy stuff do we need? Well I would like bunk beds.

As someone else has already said parenthood is not generations and as far as toddler stuff it barely came with any toddler content aside from CAS and the play equipment. Kids room stuff is just kid room stuff.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Codyx20Codyx20 Posts: 7 New Member
    *I’m just going to leave this here*

https://youtu.be/eP-RuWWwRis

Idk about you guys, but these “memories” seem to be preeeetttyyy solid to me. Not to mention everything else he explained. Also, generations may be the one thing I am actually optimistic about 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    SOOOOO

now that we are getting bunk beds too I REALLY think Generations might be the next big thing

Even if that "country kitchen kit" leak made me think about Country pack and farm...
    I so hope you're right guys. We need Generations. And Cars.
    It's looking like we're getting a Generations Gamepack cause bunk beds are coming to the base game in the March Patch.
    I mean it would be better than nothing but it deserves an EP. If they did an Eco Lifestyle EP but they make Generations as a GP it will make no sense.
    It's looking like we're getting a Generations Gamepack cause bunk beds are coming to the base game in the March Patch.