Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play for 1 hour - game keeps crashing.

nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
Can't play for an hour or 30 minutes max, it just crashes. I'm busy editing the house, and before I can even safe I get a message that sims suddenly stopped working. It's deeply frustrating, all my work of editing a house or a sim is gone.

I installed error trap a day or 3 ago, and I think that one is crashing the game. So I deleted it, since it isn't giving me much reports, and not on this crashing matter either.
Before I got rid of it I did a MC>Reset Everything, but it happend again just now.
Using Kuree's TS3 Save Cleaner did not solve anything.
I delete those cache files every time before I start playing.

I'm not sure what to do. Should I try to re-install the game? But wil all my cc from thesimsresource still be there if I do? I'm scared everything will be gone and I have to redownload it all and reinstall.

I know this game is bugged and glitched like hell but it's getting very frustrating that there is always something happening. I think I've spend more time trying to figure out how to solve problems than I actually played the game.
I already started a entirely new save game once cause the previous one was so bugged and probably corrupted, maybe cause I kept installing a new mod instead of starting with all the mods already installed, same goes for 3 expansion packs.
But now it is happening again and I'm so tired of it.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2021
    Wouldn't know for sure without seeing some logs, but the last time I saw your DeviceConfig it was pretty clear that you were going to run into RAM (memory) issues eventually because you current system doen't have enough. At the time the game was starting up for you (then), there was only 2.8 GB free for it to work with (out of 6 GB total). As things get closer to using up all the physical RAM, programs start using virtual memory also called "paging." TS3 is not stable when relying upon virtual memory.

ErrorTrap does not cause players' game to crash, It tries to "trap" and report on errors that might otherwise cause a crash, but it isn't always going to be successful. ErrorTrap can't do anything about limited resources and some mods and forms of "bad CC" are going to be beyond its reach to be helpful.

Reinstalling the game replaces its Program Files and usually doesn't accomplish anything since these do not change over time. Your added content like TSR CC is in your TS3 user game folder in Documents, not in your program files. If you want to try a fresh start, also called a factory reset, the better procedure would be to pull out or rename your TS3 user game folder in Documents so that a new one with no content added will spawn to take its place on the next attempted startup. Your content, mods, and saved games won't be there, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out or renamed folder.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
    Late reply, couldn't come online this weekend.
    So this RAM thing is haunting me... I actually dreamt about it last night lol. I bought a new set a few weeks ago, unfortunately they weren't compatible with my computer. Ordered a new one, but due to the covid-19 crisis everybody has to work at home so hardware is hard to get your hands on here. I just have to wait.

Good to know that it isn't error trap then, cause I was so certain of it since I installed it recently (reading lots of good stuff about it) and right after that this crashing started, thought that this couldn't be coincidence.

If I going to start a new save, I think I'm going to follow that advice of yours to do a fresh start / factory reset.

Thanks for replying again, you're great :)