Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally got ALL the expansion packs of The Sims 3!!!

So, I went to Walmart today and purchased The Sims 3 Island Paradise for $19.96 and Into The Future for $5.00. Apparently, buying Into The Future EP at Walmart is a better bargain than buying it straight from Origin. Then, I purchased an Origin gift card to purchase the ShowTime EP and Dragon Valley (standard edition) on Origin.

At this point, I have all the expansion packs to The Sims 3: Seasons, Pets, World Adventures, Generations, Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, ShowTime and Into The Future.

I also have Riverview (free), Midnight Hollow (purchased with redeemed SimPoints from a product registration), Monte Vista ($19.99 on Origin), Barnacle Bay (free) and Dragon Valley ($19.99 on Origin).

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Cool! I have all the Sims 3 expansions(Base through ITF) and a few stuff packs. I have a few worlds but don't have them installed.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Congrats, and have fun!! I am only lacking university but i want to get it when i can.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    Congratulations! I have all eps, stuff packs and a few worlds. Atm i'm not able to play because my laptop... 👎👎👎
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    @waterywatermelon
    It sounds like you had your purchasing strategy well worked out, congratulations!
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    UPDATE: I went into Isla Paradiso, and the very first thing I did was go to Edit Town and delete all the houseboats because I had heard that they would cause tremendous lag, rendering the whole game unplayable/intolerable. Though, even in the game itself, the world seems to cause a bit more lag than my other worlds I've played.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @waterywatermelon There are quite a few other things in Isla Paradiso besides houseboats that cause lag. You can read about it in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    So, I went to Walmart today and purchased The Sims 3 Island Paradise for $19.96 and Into The Future for $5.00. Apparently, buying Into The Future EP at Walmart is a better bargain than buying it straight from Origin. Then, I purchased an Origin gift card to purchase the ShowTime EP and Dragon Valley (standard edition) on Origin.

At this point, I have all the expansion packs to The Sims 3: Seasons, Pets, World Adventures, Generations, Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, ShowTime and Into The Future.

I also have Riverview (free), Midnight Hollow (purchased with redeemed SimPoints from a product registration), Monte Vista ($19.99 on Origin), Barnacle Bay (free) and Dragon Valley ($19.99 on Origin).

Getting ITF for $5 is some smart shopping. Congrats.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Isla Paradiso is so beautiful - I'm so glad you got that! Had so much fun playing there when it came out. Yes, follow @IreneSwift's suggestions to minimize lag.
    Also, if you haven't already, look into Roaring Heights. Beautiful world with a downtown and beach areas and I believe it comes with the make-it-yourself car. Has a 30's 40's vibe. You can also buy the roller coaster park to put in it. It's my fav ;) so couldn't resist plugging it.
    Above all, have fun!!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    Isla Paradiso is so beautiful - I'm so glad you got that! Had so much fun playing there when it came out. Yes, follow @IreneSwift's suggestions to minimize lag.
    Also, if you haven't already, look into Roaring Heights. Beautiful world with a downtown and beach areas and I believe it comes with the make-it-yourself car. Has a 30's 40's vibe. You can also buy the roller coaster park to put in it. It's my fav ;) so couldn't resist plugging it.
    Above all, have fun!!

Roaring Heights is actually on my wishlist. The world reminds me of The Great Gatsby setting, so I may create characters from The Great Gatsby and play out the story there.
    SimSpock wrote: »

Yeah... now I wish I had the Worlds Bundle instead of just Monte Vista.

It's kind of a rip-off that I got Monte Vista for $19.99, while the Worlds Bundle is also $19.99, making Monte Vista in that bundle $9.99. Not only that, there is no Complete Your Set deal or Buy One Get The Other Free. Nope. You either buy Hidden Springs for $19.99 on Origin or the Worlds Bundle for $19.99.

That's okay. There are boatloads of player-made free worlds, and I always have my trusty Create-A-World tool. As a matter of fact, I have a Create-A-World project inspired by the world of The Walking Dead. It is going to feature houses and scenes from The Walking Dead (TV series), such as The Greene Family Farm or The Prison or The Terminus or Alexandria. I think I am just going to loosely base the world on Senoia, GA (filming location).
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »

Yeah... now I wish I had the Worlds Bundle instead of just Monte Vista.

It's kind of a rip-off that I got Monte Vista for $19.99, while the Worlds Bundle is also $19.99, making Monte Vista in that bundle $9.99. Not only that, there is no Complete Your Set deal or Buy One Get The Other Free. Nope. You either buy Hidden Springs for $19.99 on Origin or the Worlds Bundle for $19.99.

That's okay. There are boatloads of player-made free worlds, and I always have my trusty Create-A-World tool. As a matter of fact, I have a Create-A-World project inspired by the world of The Walking Dead. It is going to feature houses and scenes from The Walking Dead (TV series), such as The Greene Family Farm or The Prison or The Terminus or Alexandria. I think I am just going to loosely base the world on Senoia, GA (filming location).

Just so you know, I now officially don't like you. I got jealous and had to complete my own set of expansion packs. I was missing ITF. Cost me full price on Origin though. Dang it.
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    That's pretty cool! B)
    I'm too picky to collect all the Packs.
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)