Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to permanently close a business/restaurant?

What the title says! I want to permanently close a restaurant that I've been working on. Can I just safely delete the building and/or sim to do it? Or is there a better official way to do it?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    You need to sell the business. Then you can delete it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    NB: If you sell it, the restaurant (if it originally functions) will still be a community lot that sims can visit to eat. It will be managed by NPCs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited February 2021
    NB: If you sell it, the restaurant (if it originally functions) will still be a community lot that sims can visit to eat. It will be managed by NPCs.

That is basically how I use restaurants in my game all the time. I have never played sims running a restaurant but sims frequently go out for dinner at unowned restaurants.

Now I am setting up stores in the same way. Unfortunately I need a sim as owner during building to set everything on sale. But once everything is set up properly and tagged for sale, the owner sells the store and it is still functional to visit as a customer. I will use this to give my sims a way to buy things they can't get through the regular buy catalogue like cakes, insects for herbalism potions, magic tomes, craftables,...